Eminem talks about how he feels his fans want the new and old Eminem and he's frustrated by Trump

youtube.com/watch?v=DM1AcLKYtu8

"When I hear people say "I miss the old Eminem", then I do the old Eminem, then they say "Oh he's too old for that. He needs to mature." Then the people go back. I don't know what to do now? What am I supposed to do?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HcfAKb5jM8
youtube.com/watch?v=56KYMMGudcU
youtube.com/watch?v=2cD4wo-TGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9O-bdFLlg4g
youtube.com/watch?v=KWmG0ZsUAag
youtube.com/watch?v=roy9kVBh7Eg
genius.com/26549
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He needs to "do the new Eminem", but another kind of new Eminem

WHY WON'T TRUMP RESPOND TO ME?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Medicine Man was just 2 years ago. Something happened recently that really broke him. He just lost the ability to flow

We need Eminem's version of Jay's new album.

Good production, smooth flow, mature topics like Arose and Castle for most songs, maybe a playful one like Framed on a few. That'd be perfect. Instead, the reason Revival suffers from so much filler is because he tried to please everyone, as he said. Ironically that made it worse. MMLP2 suffered from some of the same issues like flow, and production but it still felt more cohesive and interesting and less poppy and bland.

He can still flow though, that's the worst part. Listen to Castle. That's like his prime flow right there. But instead for the majority of the album he prefers to do the weird choppy flow cause as he said in this interview he's bored of rapping normally. He likely needs to either retire or do one last good album like Jay's.

What a silly way of looking at it.
Clearly his new style isn't clicking with people, while his old style did.
If he doesn't want to do his old shit anymore, but wants people to love him again, he's gotta figure out a new style that he hasn't done yet, because no one's fucking with this new shit and no one ever will.
Not only is it trash but it's also dated as fuck. No one wants a slow ballady rap love song with a pop hook anymore.

he sounds like he is on the verge of tears throughout the enitre interview

How do you go from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5HcfAKb5jM8

>full on nigga-mode, confident, on-beat flow, aggressive lyrics

To this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=56KYMMGudcU

If he wants to do something different he needs to let it be known that he's no longer trying to please his old fans. They'll either accept it or just move on.

Also, Trump doesn't care what you think because he has had the entire political world and news media call him much worse than Em did on a daily basis for over a year now.

I want to save Eminem! I still like him, he's just really confused right now, might have Alzheimers or something, and he's completely brainwashed by the Liberal media

Or even this: youtube.com/watch?v=2cD4wo-TGcQ

No. We want You to do You. Early in hos career he wasnt making albums because he thought thats what people wanted to hear. All we want is for you to do you but learn how to actually fucking flow and get good production snd lyrics again

Damn, where you do find these rare songs?

He needs to retire like 6 years ago

Its pretty pathetic

This is one of his best. It has such a sick beat. It really should've been on TES.

When the hell did eminem turn into a white will smith

>the sound of a person who got old & irrelevant
eminem should do what bubba sparxx did: move on to the hick-hop crowd, because that's the only place left where he is still somewhat relevant

That's basically what caused his downfall. People rushed to attend his last shows, then when he popped out of retirement, nobody took him seriously anymore.

He's confident and aggressive on Untouchable. His flow on the black perspective part is fine too, and the abruptness in the first part fits well to the theme and content of the track. At least find a better track to bitch about.

Try fucking wikipedia.

His flow on Framed is up there with best on Relapse. Castle and Untouchable sound like TES Em.
He's just experimenting with different styles, as any great artist should do. As some user wrote, it's less about old/new Em and more about him stopping to give a fuck again and doing his thing. Screw whiny fans and critics.

its over em. the curse is real

you sir, are a fucking moron.

He sold about as many albums first week in UK as he did before, despite a HORRIBLE promotion and an "okay-ish" album. This "Em is not relevant anymore" meme is getting older than he is.

>up there with the best on Relapse

We'll see about that motherfucker.

>What am I supposed to do?
Retire

Have you even listened to it?

Dear Donald, I sang you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager and my twitter handle at the bottom
I sent two lyrics back in autumn
You must not've got 'em
There probably was a problem at the office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, fuck it, what's been up, man?

Idk what youre talking about the entire album is shit, especially compared to his older shit.

Picture a perfeCCTT CofFEES POTt My CAREER is OVER but WIll I STOp PRobABLY NoT, GOtta Make POP so I can SuCK Pauls COcK, goTTA plan: GOTTA HATCH it: PUll my Pants down PUT a coffeeee pOT up my ASS and MAKe SPoken Word ESSay WIshIN i WAS BLack and HES ORANGE

This. He's out of ideas

its his worst first week sales since his debut in '99 what the fuck are you talking about?

DUDE MIDLIFE CRISIS LMAO

>entire album is shit

Framed, Arose and Castle are all great.

RETIRE

Why are his facial expressions always so awkward? Like he constantly has a deer in headlights look, like his mama just slapped his back. This dude really is socially awkward though right? Isn't he a hermit and never leaves his home?

selling numbers are irrelevant. people buy his stuff because they recognize him (and this is not an 'eminem thing' exclusively).

eminem needs to reinvent himself or move on with his life unless he wahts to transform into the rap version of jeb bush

Lol Castle is the only good track, lyrical content doesn't automatically make a song good, if you genuinely enjoyed more than one one song on that album i envy you for you're ignorance

>He's confident and aggressive on Untouchable
It sounds forced.

Castle and Arose are basically two parts. Framed is amazing, like some Relapse sh*t.

DR DREEEEEEE HELP MEEEEEEEE

>doesn't know how to use computers
>still plays NES
>still uses CD players
>still thinks he's in the 90s and makes beastie boys sounding songs

I wouldn't be surprised if he has actual autism.

Is this a good place for a white rapper to drop his lyrics?

I am working on a single as we speak. Not to self promote just to receive much needed criticism

Die

>This is a fucking coffee pot
>Top of the charts? No I'm not.
>My shit is shit, I'm cold as shit
>Chicka chicka lick spliggity chick
>Figgity brick biggoty Drumpfanzee.
>E, Z, Pee, Zee. Grab my Pee-ness
>I hate Drumpf and his meanness
>Trannies are sexy and beautiful
>Nobody will cry when they come to my funeral
>Looneral...
>McGooberal
>Snooberal
>Rickity Rooberbal

I was trolling. Wanted to post my moonman song but i would get banned for racism

kek

If that's true, it makes a lot of sense.

3/19 tracks being "great" is an embarrassment especially for someone who's supposed to be a legend

Framed IS shit. It isn't like Relapse lol its him trying to recreate Relapse to appease that fanbase and failing miserably, even the hook is atrocious, best is good though, Arose is boring, and mundane im sorry

That's rich coming from you

Him trying to recreate Relapse and doing a pretty good job (Great flow, decent lyrics) is still 10/10 compared to the other songs.

nah, Em doesnt have autism

Too lazy to look up number from his older stuff, but it's pretty close to Recovery and MMLP2 which all sold damn nice.
>Revival
>130k
>Recovery/MMLP2
>140k
And again, with horrible promotion where Em spent more time talking about shoes than his album, without chart topping singles after a 4 years break.

>people buy his stuff because they recognize him
Wait, you mean he is relevant?

How? It's clearly a topic he is passionate about, it's one of the few tracks on Revival where you can actually hear him having fun instead of trying too hard.

> Arose is boring, and mundane im sorry
Now that's something I can agree with, although it stands out due the rewind part. Really hypes you up for more.

it actually is, add:
>obsesses over arcade games high score like donkey kong
>only friend is his manager
to that list

reddit

>never leaves house
>bad hygiene
>single for a long time
>eye tick
>socially awkward
>never smiles
>no sense of humor

>How? It's clearly a topic he is passionate about, it's one of the few tracks on Revival where you can actually hear him having fun instead of trying too hard.
Maybe you don't have good headphones, maybe it's just really subtle, but it's there. The raw energy in his voice is gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=9O-bdFLlg4g
How the fuck is this the same guy who made this?

why do white rappers hate trump so much?

Cause muh blacks are muh buddies

Let me clarify again:
>FIRST WEEK SALES

Or maybe you just read your own ideas into it, that may be tainted by the tracks around it, that really sound bored.

>why do people dislike shit
Makes you really think.

Nope. It's there. He's getting old, lad. He needs to hang it up.

Man he used to be so good: youtube.com/watch?v=KWmG0ZsUAag

Shut up or add something to the thread

We're talking about first week sales. Only that I am going with confirmed numbers from UK while you quote a PREDICTION for US, that seems pretty off given the latter.

Murica tends to have 4x the UK first week sales at worst. Even if we consider that Em pissed off half of his base, 300k is still ridiculous, and in the end a speculation. Just wait a few more days and we'll see.

Is it because of drugs? or maybe he's just shy

> He's getting old
No shit? Just passion and age don't necessary correlate.

No, but young people simply have more energy and attitude and that was a huge part of what made him so great.

The problem is he's not on drugs anymore. He took drugs to be confident and goofy. Now he's sober and shy.

I think I'm starting to lose my sense of humor
Everything's so tense and gloom
I almost feel like I gotta check the temperature
Of the room, just as soon as
I walk in, it's like all eyes on me
So I try to avoid any eye contact
‘Cause if I do that, then it opens a door
For conversation like I want that
I'm not lookin' for extra attention
I just wanna be just like you
Blend in with the rest of the room
Maybe just point me to the closest restroom
I don't need no fuckin' man-servant

His attitude is just a more mature form of his old one. His energy, when it comes to new content I'd agree but in the voice? Nah, he still clearly has it, just doesn't use it nearly as often.
The only thing that's gone is the youthful rage, as he said himself, which is given of course.

Well said.

Why is he obsessed with Trump?

>people buy his stuff because they recognize him
>Wait, you mean he is relevant?
Not him, but that an artist sells copies relying on nothing but brand recognition doesn't equal relevancy at all.

Can't wait for this faggot to kill himself. You can see it's going to happen within the next coming months.

he has become stan

/thread

Nigga, what? If there is a brand recognition, it's the best possible sign for relevance. You could repackage old Pac tracks into a new album and the shit would sell like crazy, because Pac is still relevant. Same with Em.

You can't really argue from popularity/commercial POV against Eminem. Pick muh critics or debate the questionable quality but his relevance is ... untouchable.

He's pretentious now, though as well. As soon as an old singer goes all political you know they're out of ideas. It's the same as what's happening with South Park right now, it's not that fun show about 4th graders getting into weird shit any more, the social commentary isn't incidental any more that's all it is now. Do you remember when Guns N Roses did Chinese Democracy?

It really doesn't sound like he's as confident. Like this guy said going clean might have fucked him musically.
Part of the voice issues also could be in the production, it's over polished.

Only that Em and South Park always were political. So pretty weird examples.

>Chinese Democracy
Makes Detox look good.

The lyrics you quote are from Relapse, ironically an album where he sounded a lot more playful and confident. Also it's not like Em didn't bitch about his life on his old albums. Just like politics, it's always been a part of his music.

When it comes to voice, it's just more experimenting, though yeah, his deeper "serious" voice blows cocks.

Chinese Democracy is only political on the title track. The rest of the album has nothing to do with that theme and even then the title track isn't that big on it either.

Almost like Revival.

>Only that Em and South Park always were political. So pretty weird examples.
>the social commentary isn't incidental any more that's all it is now
Before it was fun with a little commentary mixed in. Now the commentary is all that's there and it's not fun.

Stop being such a fucking cry boy

SP is literally the same fucking shit, they jokes just got overused over time and you're probably older so don't miss the social commentary anymore.

Em actually got softer and less political on his albums. Back in the day he was about bombing the congress, raping or killing Cheney or Delores Tucker, and now he talks about impeaching Trump like a boring average person.

Just compare:

I'll pipe down when the White House gets wiped out
When I see that little Cheney dyke get sniped out
Lights out, bitch, adiós, goodnight *gunshot* (AHH!)
Now put that in your little pipe and bite down
Think for a minute, ‘cause the hype just died down
That I won't go up in the Oval Office right now
And flip whatever ain't tied down upside down
I'm all for America; fuck the government!
Tell that C. Delores Tucker slut to suck a dick

with

Someone get this Aryan a sheet
Time to bury him, so tell him to prepare to get impeached

>SP is literally the same fucking shit
No it's not. The characters are no longer characters, they're props to further the plot.

That's fun. Impeaching Trump isn't.
The SSLP is about the struggles of a real down to earth guy who's just like everyone else mixed with goofy fun stuff. Now Em's a mega celebrity so he can't rap about this shit any more and he's old and according to him he's lost his sense of humour so the goofy shit's gone too.

>The characters are no longer characters, they're props to further the plot.
It's pretty much the opposite. Due the plot format they are much more of characters now. Before they were somewhat consistent but mostly stands in for the episodes plot.

>he can't rap about this shit any more
Not like it stops him from making another track about Hailie. Or revisiting his past, but then again, when he does that like on Legacy, people bitch and want something new.

>That's fun. Impeaching Trump isn't.
Because it's a lot less aggressive. Just the point being that politics was always a huge part of his music.

>according to him he's lost his sense of humour
user, do you even follow what you listen to? The line was from Beautiful, a track about the time when he was on drugs and how he dealt with addiction and getting clean. It was on the same album where he made jokes about pissing on Rihanna and fucking Sarah Palin for fucks sake.

youtube.com/watch?v=roy9kVBh7Eg

Is that supposed to be a parody?

Why?

>dresses and talks like a stereotypical manchild
>in a fucking room that looks like he's 14
>forced jokes every few seconds
>talks to the fucking music instead of the camera
>minimal amount of reviewing
Seems like a perfect parody of a yt reviewer but these days it's hard to tell.

No, they're mutated wacky ultra zany versions of themselves that behave in a way that only serves the plot and doesn't match their established personality. This happens in basically every show that overstays its welcome, the characters turn into caricatures of themselves.

He's already done it and he did it better than he can now, there's no point.
I don't anything from him. From what I've seen of his new music he's lost what made him good.

Not a huge part, especially not in the very early days and that's when I'm talking about.
Eminem Show is when he went from solid album all the way through to hit and miss.

I was quoting the other guy's post. I can't finish his new albums. The magic's gone.

>ultra zany versions of themselves that behave in a way that only serves the plot and doesn't match their established personality
It was that way ... almost all the fucking time. It's the entire slick about SP. Care to point out examples where shit didn't match in latest season? I don't recall too much, but then again, shit was pretty dull. Just not because of that. They simple have nothing new to say. The consistence seemed one of the positives, from what I remember at least.

>Not a huge part, especially not in the very early days
On SSLP (If I Had/Rock Bottom) he was complaining about most of the things the black perspective on Untouchable complained about. On Role Model and couple more tracks, he called out politicians for trying to censor him. Now it's about trying to censor others. Same shit.

>I was quoting the other guy's post.
Well, just saying when it comes from. So it's not Eminem talking about him having lost it NOW.
genius.com/26549

When did you give Relapse a chance last time? If you can see pass the accents it might be just what you're looking for. Minimal amount of politics if any at all. Tons of random pointless fun. And 3 tracks about a down to earth addict. Also great production.

Mr. Garrison is Donald Trump now. Do I need to say more?
Go back and watch the first few season then watch the recent reasons. If you can't see the difference I can't help you.

It was never as preachy as it is now.

What? He said it in between when he was good and when he was bad. So pre him saying this was when he had his sense of humour, then after he said it we are now living in a post-sense of humour eminem world. He's less funny and goofy now so doesn't it only seem logical to say that he hasn't gotten it back?

Ages ago, back when it first came out. I'll give it another go but new Eminem really doesn't do it for me.

>make millions off of being white selling black music to white teenagers
>claim to hate whites

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
The Characters changing over time thing literally has a name for it btw

Jumping on the anti-Trump train is the only way for him to stay relevant now.

No that's the average mutants ironic humor lad

>Mr. Garrison
Was always the character doing crazy shit and struggling with his desires. The development into Trump was made pretty well.

>The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character.
Like Kenny dying all the fucking time or Cartman or Nathan being comical asshats? It's part of the humor, they never came up with much else. Just unlike in the past, characters got more development now. Whether Garrison being stuck in his Trump role but still enjoying meeting old buds in Witch Hunt or Cartman actually managing to stay in a relationshit.

How is it any more preachy? It references political events the same way it always did. You're simply way more aware and pay more attention now.

>He's less funny and goofy now so doesn't it only seem logical to say that he hasn't gotten it back?
It's just less frequent now. His humor on Untouchable, Remind Me, Heat or Framed is still old goofy Em. Just on the old albums, almost every track was funny, it's less about having a sense of humor and more about fitting to the tone. There was a lot less humor on TES for the same reason.

>I'll give it another go but new Eminem really doesn't do it for me.
Well, Relapse is nothing like the Em from Recovery or Revival. It's probably how a less personal SSLP would sound in 2009. Only with accents.