"I love electronic music! Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Autechre, the list goes on..."

>"I love electronic music! Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Autechre, the list goes on..."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/710pbwRJA-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You must immediately stop with these post-African repetitions.

I love house and techno! Daft Punk, Jon Hopkins, Underworld, Orbital, Porter Ricks, the Orb, the list could go on...

Id be at least a little enthused if I met someone who liked those artists. Every single time someone tells me they like electronic music they're referring to that homogenized EDM festival bullshit

This

Do people on this board like daft punk?

nothing wrong with this
all of those artists are the best of the whole genre

Would be nice to meet ppl like that even if theyre numales or soy or whatever desu

trust me, mate, they're just as bad as EDM ravers. there's a boards of canada discord and the handful of members on there only listen to boards and discuss boring conspiracy shit about their song titles and artwork. it's fucked

>all of those artists are the best of the whole genre
bait

>"I love metal! Deafheaven, Boris, Alcest, Melvins, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Isis, Converge, the list goes on..."

i hope this is bait. otherwise fucking grow up and listen to shit outside of the warp catalogue, you might be surprised at what you'll find

Ok faggot, give us your best electronic artists. Fuckin hell, I can understand aphex twin but what the fucks wrong with Autechre?

>what the fucks wrong with Autechre?
How about you explain yourself honey. If you start a discussion you've got to at least illustrate your point

it's simple, this board likes feeling superior and starts disliking something that becomes moderately popular in any way

I mean, I post about lots of dnb, but I hate those rave junkies. Absolutely garbage people that deserve to get something their way

Not OP, but I'd say Wisp, Ruby My Dear, Venetian Snares, u-Ziq, Xanopticon, Richard Devine, just to name my favorites.

Not OP but Alva noto, fennesz, taylor deupree, oval (the list does actually go on)

This. Snares has so many quality albums. Hospitality is my favorite EP of his

genuinely thanks for the recs, sick of this board and every miserable fucker pointing out that people might be new to a genre - it doesn't mean they're plebs. Punishing people for trying to improve their music taste. Pisses me off.

Welcome to Sup Forums

Hip Hop is my favorite genre, Kanye, Kendrick Lamar, the list goes on...

Not OP but Basic channel, carl craig, regis, larry levan (the list does actually go on)

> I love electronic music but haven't had the time to really dig in yet
ftfy

you forgot mastodon

please do not lump orbital in with daft punk

Not an argument.

name your favorite electronic artists then if you think you're so le special

Again with the bait

Several people have already done so

never actually heard anyone in real life say this

post-confield autechre shouldn't be lumped in with aphex twin, boc, or squarepusher imo

post-confield autechre is just shit people who wear turtlenecks pretend to like anyway

>doesn't accept that other people enjoy unconventional music

anyway if you want some abstract/idm stuff thats off the beaten path check out entity.be, atomhead's netlabel

>idm

you gonna sit there and tell me that some of their best stuff isnt post-confield? sublimit, surripere, fuckin bladelores?

hence why I said
>abstract/idm stuff

>tfw find most of /bleep/'s House and Techno really quite dull and at times, even badly produced but seems to get a pass because it was released on some random label from a regional British city in the 90s
>don't really get most of RDJ's stuff outside of SAW, apparently pratting about with various waveforms and schizo beats is meant to be "humourous"
>love Jon Hopkins, Vladislav Delay, Nils Frahm, Paul Kalkbrenner, Luigi Tozzi and other artists that seem to generate a soundscape instead

I've always felt like I'm missing something that's never "clicked"

>and other artists that seem to generate a soundscape instead
You'd probably be more into ambient. Check out these artists

This
Orbital is good but can't hold a candle to daft punk

Better than faggots who say they are into electronic and listen to Calvin Harris, Skrillex, Pendulum and Noisia

>Electronic music? Surely you realize it is not a genre, right? Regardless, if I were to name some favorites from the huge scene that is "electronic music" music, whatever that means... then the first artists to come to mind are DJ Krush, P-Love, Ricci Rucker, Mike Boo, 2 Bad Mice, 4hero, 9Lazy9, Acen, Adam F, Ali B, Altern 8, Amon Tobin, Bassbin Twins, Biochip C, Boogie Times Tribe, Brisk & Trixxy, Colin Dale, Cujo, D-Force, Death In Vegas, DJ Andy Scott, DJ Crystl, 2814, DJ Red Alert & Mike Skinner, DJ Sy, DJ Trace, Evil Eddie Richards, Force Mass Motion, Harmony & Xtreme, Hyper On Experience, Isotonik, Krome & Time, Loft Groover, LTJ Bukem, Fluke, Freestylers, Groove Armada, Guau, Hyper, Junkie XL, Killreal, Lo Fidelity Allstars, Minuit, Minister So Sinister, Narc, NRG, Omni Trio, Orca, Pure White, Slimpater J, Surburban Base, TMR Inc, The House Crew, Urban Shakedown, Urban Hype, Undercover Elephant, White Breaks, 2 Inda Bush, A.Skillz, Access Denied, Adam Freeland, All Good Funk Alliance, Andy Page, Aquasky, Atomic Hooligan, BadboE, Basement Freaks, Ben & Lex, Brothers Bud, Deekline & Wizard, Dr. Rubberfunk, DrumAittic Twins, Ed Solo & Skool Of Thought, Evil Nine, Elite Force, Flow Dynamics, Freeland, Freq Nasty, fDel, Fort Knox Five, Future Funk Squad, General Midi, Goldie, Hybrid, ils, Nick Thayer, NuBreed, Plump DJs, Rennie Pilgrem, Slyde, Soul Of Man, Splitloop, Stanton Warriors, Skeewiff, Smoove & Turrell, Soopasoul, Tayo, The Beekeepers, The Breakfastaz, Tipper, Uberzone, A Guy Called Gerald, Amen Andrews, Aphrodite, Bizzy B, D'Cruze, DJ Dextrous & Rude By Keith, DJ Hype, DJ Marky, Grooverider, LTJ Bukem, Johnny Jungle, Kemet Crew, Marcus Visionary, Paradox, Jungle Buddha, Twinhooker. Soundmurderer, General Malice, Marvellous Cain, Tester, Ray Keith, Ganja Kru, Congo Natty, Omni Trio or Tango & Ratty, Dego, Kaidi, Afronaught, Atfunk, Belleruche, Dr Rubberfunk, Lack Of Afro, Lanu, De Phazz, Owusu & Hannibal, eriKm, Scooter

>there's a ____ discord full of shitty people therefore people who like ____ are shitty
There are zero good discords in existence. It's an IRC clone made for people too stupid to use IRC but too autistic to use skype or their phone.

Suggest some

apples and oranges

definitely a lot of suggestions in the thread already but peep qebrus
youtu.be/710pbwRJA-4

Actress, Burial, Vladislav Delay, Prince of Denmark, Objekt, T++, Huerco S., Flying Lotus, Andy Stott

>I get all my music from RYM charts: starter pack

Objekt and T++ don't really chart on rym but the rest do which means they're probably good. Lol

Future Souund of London
The Orb
808 State
Mouse on Mars
Klaus Schulze
Clark
Underworld

>basic channel

Delete this nephew

Genuinely a hack

Nothing is wrong with Autechre but you're a lightweight if you're not at least aware of Phoenecia, Funkstorung, Bola, Monolake, Nobukazu Takemura, Brothomstates, Arovane, etc. as well. And those are more interesting to discuss.

can you recommend anything like Phoenecia? they have a really unique sound

somewhat plebb'd out when it comes to electronic and thanks so much for the recs! seriously I know Sup Forums can be quite shitty but it's people like you that make it worth coming here.

Says someone who doesn't ever make threads nor discusses these guys.

Ester Brinkmann, Kazuo Imai, Robert Lippok, Plat, Sutekh, Mitsuru Nasuno the list goes on

I love Fennesz, Vladislav Delay, Biosphere, Oval and Alva Noto alot.
You should check them out!

Why are you using both greentext and quotation marks?

nu-Sup Forums