90s accelerationism was a thing of wonder

90s accelerationism was a thing of wonder.

Will something similar happen in the near future? Or has progress reached it's artistic dead end?

VR is about to get crazy.

Millennials unfortunately. Least creative generation in history, unless there was a slump in the medieval period we don't know about.

We should start seeing some progress again when Generation Z reach maturity.

>from shitty toys, computers, and fashion to slightly less shitty toys, computers, and fashion

wow nice. the smartphone going from a niche, useless product no one wanted to a literal computer that everyone in any developed country carries in their pocket at all times has got nothin' on the 90s.

adjusts fedora

touch-based computers can be seen all over in late 90s and early 00s movies. all smartphones did was turn the fantasy into reality

based millenial shitposter

>Sup Forums - music

you just proved my point. any neanderthal can dream. it takes actual intelligence and creativity to bring it to life.

half of the '00s were spent with people getting stoked on the next generation of slightly-less-shitty-looking-and-now-it-has-tetris! phone until someone finally figured out how to make touch screens work WITHOUT some gay stylus.

touch screens that relied on styluses were toys, nobody is going to use that for a fucking phone that they need to bring with them everywhere they go every day. anything that didn't use a stylus seemed like a work of fiction. millennials brought it to life and made it a worldwide standard of convenience, knowledge, and communication.

gen z have some shit to prove.

jules vern is a neanderthal? ok bruv

1) non sequitur

2) no because although any neanderthal can dream but it takes at least some talent to flesh it out into a believable fictional reality. it's the difference between "bro what if one day the government is, like, watching us and controlling our thoughts and stuff!?" and 1984.

nice backpedaling

>millennials brought it to life and made it a worldwide standard of convenience, knowledge, and communication
Alongside the pettiest social politics and most worthless artistic movements of written history.

Hooray for millenials!

this

also this

backpedaling =/= standing by an initial statement but elaborating on some nuances

also it's hard to blame me for suddenly changing my tune when you literally just brought up some non sequitur horseshit. we're talking about people in the late 90s and early 00s trying to make movies and tv shows about touch screen computer interfaces and suddenly we're talking about jules fucking vern lol. i got whiplash on that one, i just worked w/ what you gave me m8.

politics has always been pretty petty. john adams was called a hermaphrodite. andrew jackson was spoken of as being a tyrant like caesar or napolean (sound familiar?). slander's been around since the dawn of this country dude. the current political climate is without a doubt some of the most abhorrent shit we've seen in a while but that's *because* of the globalization that the internet and worldwide access to computers has created. everybody has a platform, and as it turns out, most people both young and old are fucking retarded.

artistic movements though? eh, could make a case for that one. i find most modern creative energy to be pretty directionless desu.

no limp bizkit photo

what year were you born

>fucking millenials reeee

rofl good one

case in point

I wonder what nostalgic trend gen Z will bring to us. Society has been indulging in y2k futurist aesthetics ever since the dawn of the new millennium, only major differences being as mentioned earlier the fruition of technological fantasy into reality.

>We should start seeing some progress again when Generation Z reach maturity
>implying the generation raised on Vine, Roblox, and Facebook memes is capable of "progress"

I don't think that's what "accelerationism" is.