What is the most cathartic movie you've ever seen?

What is the most cathartic movie you've ever seen?

Also just depressing movies are accepted.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykVhqiAnqJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lilya 4 Eever

*Ever

the weather man

>cathartic
>depressing

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORDS "CATHARTIC", AND "DEPRESSING", MEAN?

CATHARSIS, AND "DEPRESSION", ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE; CATHARSIS ENTAILS A "POURING OUT"/"EMPTYING"/"PURGING"; "DEPRESSION" ENTAILS A "CLOGGING"/"STAGNATION"/"RETENTION".

Depressing movies are cathartic because they let you release emotion.

Also remove your tripcode or move to a site with user names, trips are wasted on your filth.

>Depressing movies are cathartic

Did you not read the post you're quoting, moron?

Yes. Watching something sad makes you feel sad. Feeling sad is cathartic.

I SEE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE WORD "DEPRESSING" MEANS.

THE SOURCE OF YOUR CONFUSION HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED.

These things provide catharsis.

CATHARSIS = OUTFLOW.

"DEPRESSION" = STAGNATION.

THE CONDITIONS OF STAGNATION, AND FLUX, ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE, THEREFORE, "DEPRESSION", AND CATHARSIS, ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

I just fucking filtered that tripfag.

I've never filtered anything before.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, report, or filter them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the Sup Forums culture forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty text-box and type up a work of art? Or sit in silence and fabricate a new meme that nobody has seen before? Or elevate an inane discussion to sublime heights?

We provide a mirror for this kind of people. They gives us light.

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the WWW, are the ones who do.

B e D i f f e r e n t .

– t. user

>DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORDS "CATHARTIC", AND "DEPRESSING", MEAN?

why do you do this? why do you always jump into a thread to autistically lecture user who are very likely much younger than you in the most pathetic way imaginable?

do you enjoy being this much of an anemic pedant?

i'd get it if this was a really angsty phase or yours or something but you've been doing this exact thing for years. literally years.

why are you this much of a loser?

Whoa...

Lol what a fucking tool

Why would someone try to educate stupid people? Hah, what a tool, right?

The Grey was boring as fuck.
Could've worked better as a short film.

>Why would someone try to educate stupid people?

rei did you drop trip or something?

he has been doing this "education" for years. and when he gets listless and extra spergy sometimes he'll just start to mock them. in the end all the years of this "education" shtick have been one big ego play for him, whether his super-charged autism will allow him to accept that or not.

all of these user are literally younger than he is, mind you. so it's just some weirdo elliot rodger tier older guy who has spent years being really autistic and hostile under the pretense of "education" to kids far younger than him.

My point still stands, what's wrong with what he's doing? Obviously it is pissing in an ocean of piss, but still, he's not wrong in doing it.
If stupid people didn't get educated by smarter people then ultimately we'll all become idiots.

>My point still stands, what's wrong with what he's doing?

the time he has spent doing it is the delineating factor here. not the simple act itself.

i honestly think he resents younger guys who have their whole lives still ahead of them. he gets off on making them look stupid in the most lifeless and effete of ways. it has been a perpetual compulsion with him.

part of me genuinely feels bad for the guy. even now he probably thinks that he is totally killing it and autistically floating above this exchange as he reads it in some protected bubble of illusory elitism.

Show me on the doll where Rei hurt your feelings

>implying rei hasn't annoyed everyone at some point

no one has escaped his autism. he is an autist legend for a reason. he's put some serious number up, that is undeniable.

but he should consider giving the shtick up now, because after years and years of doing it he just looks like he resents youth in general now.

Nothing about his behavior suggests that he "resents youth". Quite the contrary actually. You may just be projecting.

youtube.com/watch?v=ykVhqiAnqJc

>cathartic
Robocop
>depressing
A Scanner Darkly

>You may just be projecting.

sadly, no. he really has been everything that i've said. for years and years. it started off with him being the same age as everyone that he was chastising so there was an amusing precocious angle to it that worked, but with him being far older than most now... it's not the same.

i just want rei to stop being "REI".
an impossible request, perhaps.

but fuck it - it was worth a shot.

Is this babbys first 'man film'? it was fucking terrible in every way lmao. Go watch conan or rambo you faggots.

>hurr my gimmick is typing in caps and being autistic

Depressing things cause an outflow of emotion. You don't have to have fucking clinical depression to feel depressed momentarily from watching a movie.

Wow. It's like you didn't read any of his posts in this thread...

Woah. I read them all...

They were garbage.

That you read them all, and still made that moronic post shows how retarded you are.

You haven't posted anything of merit my friend. The other guy is a nonsensical attention whore and you are a piss poor excuse for a troll.

2.2MEGABYTES png for a file that should be a 11kb jpg

why havent you killed yourself yet?

Google images, that picture went straight into the recycle bin after I posted it. kys.

>faggot uses the words mutually exclusive instead of just the word exclusive
>he thinks mutually means anything
>the only reason he says mutually exclusive is because he heard someone he thought was smart saying it
>hes literally just repeating an unnecessary word for no reason
>he thinks he isnt a faggot
>he wonders why he cant get a gf
>he thinks his opinion is relevant

why was it called the gray when that poem with the fray was repeated like 80 times?

you think that shitty band had it trademarked or something?

>move about demonising wolves

no thanks. unrealistic crap

A CATHARSIS DOES NOT NECESSARILY IMPLY THE NEGATION OF A DEPRESSIVE STATE, THEY ARE NOT IN FACT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE :^)

>YFW THE LAST THING YOU FIXATE ON AS THE PLANE IS ABOUT TO CRASH ARE THESE TWO GRINNING DIPSHITS IN MOOSE ANTLERS

THE GREY WAS GREAT

Ikiru
Stand By Me
A.I.