What do you think of this brain percentage bullshit?

What do you think of this brain percentage bullshit?

i think it is a work of fiction and anyone who gets hung up on LE BRAIN PERCENTAGE should castrate themselves

Do you know what it looks like when you use 100% of your brain? It's called a seizure. Just look up how action potentials work dude.

tfw too smart for brain percentage movies

If I could use 100% of my brain, I'd create meteors to detonate every satellite in orbit, and then start bombing the residences of the Rothschild Family

It's not how it works and it's a dumb myth. What is there to discuss?

Is this a subtle commentary on how post-Trump american truth is not about facts, but what you feel is true?

these get more and more ridiculous

how is it post trump? he isn't even president yet.

Who would in in a brain battle? her or Bradley Cooper from limitless?

This. It's in the same realism universe as The Fifth Element. If you see it as something realistic then you're a fool and completely missed the Besson's intent.

doesn't matter, scarjo ruined any potential the movie had

someone needs to make one where his brain is a projector and it's playing BvS on the wall while he watches.

I can swallow a lot of stupid bullshit in movies but the whole "10% of your brain" crap is so dumb that it triggers me. It's one of the cliches I hate the most.

Likewise.
If we supposedly only use a tiny bit of it, what the fuck would we have grown the rest of it for?

I seriously don't understand how they thought using that idea was a good idea. Limitless was bad enough with its super brain power bullshit, but this bitch some how just acquires literal super powers for no reason?

I thought its a scrotum.

You do use 100% of your brain.
At least, I think you do, that post leaves me with doubts.

Everyone everywhere uses 100% of their brain.

The statistic that we "only use x percent" is that we have currently only observed x percent active during scans, ie the part dedicated to the task we are performing at that time.

Its looks arguing "you only use 10% of your body at any given moment"
Yes, because moving every muscle at once wont allow you to work more efficiently at a given task, just like activating every part of your brain at once would be... Well, this

fpbp

I absolutely adore that such a simple concept provokes such outpourings of autism

It's a sci-fi action movie, not 2001

The problem is that a lot of people genuinely believe the "we only use x% of pir brain" myth and honestly cite it as reasonable doubt enough to believe in psychic ability, chi and astral projection, etc.

The movie itself is dumb fun, but what upsets people is how there are so many people in the world who don't see the "x percent" myth as the narrative equivalent of a radioactive spider making you a spider man, but as hard scientific fact.

Saying that you use only X percent of your brain is like saying a carpenter uses only X percent of his tools because you saw him using only sandpaper when you were looking.

Oh, screw you. When a movie uses a dumb trope as its premise, than anyone is well within their rights to call it out for it. This is exactly the same level as playing literal Martians straight, even though we know for a fact that there are no Martians, and have been knowing that for decades. And just to be clear here: I would have had absolutely no problem with the movie if the explanation for her powers was magic or alien technology - and if you don't get why that's different, then you're exactly the kind of person the movie what made for.

>people can't grasp the simple concept of humans not being evolved to their fullest potential
>they cry over 1 specific issue when the issue itself is the entire premise of the fucking movie meaning the entire movie was lost to them
how sad and pathetic your life must be to not even grasp the simple concept of the entire fucking premise of this movie, how fucking stupid do you have to be? im pretty fucking dumb but atleast i can understand a basic fucking premise of a movie

I probably don't even use 1% of my brain tbqh :^)

>complaining about the 10% brain use thing
>in a movie where she turns into a USB stick drive at the end

It's an alright concept for a movie but it doesn't really work that way

It's bullshit

However
Lucy was a somewhat entertaining flick.

I think autists take it way too literally.

I always took it to just mean 'we don't use the full potential of our brains' instead of 'we literally use 10% of your physical brain'.

>i ALWAYS TOOK IT TO MEAN 'SOMETHING THAT WASNT SAIS' RATHER THAN 'SOMETHING THAT WAS SAID'

It seems pretty implied if you're not a turbo retard, but what do I know.

>not being evolved to their fullest potential
That is NOT how evolution works. Like, at all.

>im pretty fucking dumb
Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

It's true in the same sense that "traffic lights only use one third of their lights" is true.

if you wanna hear things that aren't said be my guest friend

My staunch belief in rational positivism prevents me from enjoying such mindless flicks.

>we don't use the full potential of our brains
That's the same fucking thing - whether it's 10, 50 or 90% doesn't matter; nobody's hung up on the number. We use 100% of our brain - the only "hidden potential" is in learning new shit by reading books and practising physical movements. You know, like old-school? It's the *basic idea* that bothers people, not some specifics.

>god wants us to pay for "DLC" that's already on the disc

The only sane, non-autistic answer there is

Yeah, no, going to have to disagree.

People are definitely not working at peak performance. Most people get cucked by their minds their whole life. Lack of willpower, lack of concentration, lack of control over emotions, etc. 99% of people can't even stop their own stream of thought. All those things can majorly be improved upon.

Think of 'fakirs' who are impervious to pain, or those niggas that climb snowy mountains in their underwear, all that shit. Free divers that can hold their breath for 7+ min. All that shit is mental. People are capable of more than they think.

Right now, most people are the brain equivalent of being morbidly obese, to say you can't get in (brain) shape is stupid.

Somehow the "now I'm using all my brain power and am LITERALLY turning into a fucking computer" thing is overlooked and people a bitching about an arbitrary percentage.

I find it very curious that you chose a picture of a straw man atheist, instead of Douglas Adams, Jodie Foster, Helen Mirren, Julianne Moore, Ian McKellen, Orson Welles, and many others who would also fit the bill.

>LE JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN
Or more fittingly use a lesser percentage of it.

have you ever heard about suspension of disbelief, sperg?
Lucy is not a BBC documentary. it's science fiction

Five star post

How long till a Scarjo BBC "documentary" surfaces?

>a grill takes so much drugs she becomes autistic

the less i know the better, i like being stoopid

I don't mind. Both Limiless and Lucy were entertaining.
And yeah we probably don't use our full brain capacity because
>it's tiring
>our braincells are dying (mostly from alcohol and other drugs, or just because we don't use them because it's tiring)
Even if recent scientist say those cells can regrow now, i think it's only a placebo, so you won't feel bad about getting more stupid, and keep consuming the drugs

>more stupid
guess what you are?

Is this a Sup Forums thing?

Lucy of course, if she isn't a pendrive yet, because she's a woman

I feel more stupid for having read this.

big difference between those two, limitless never used the brain % maymay

he also stopped at genius he didn't become fucking Q from startrek..

B-but Mr Morgan Freeman

Morgan "Magical Negro" Freeman.
>literally every movie

Not in Wanted he wasn't

>my face when SHOOT THAT MOTHERFUCKER

Wasn't he like the old wise leader of some assassin cult? Literally the magical negro.

he was a scumbag criminal pretending to be wise while lining his pockets with ill gotten gains.

So no, he wasn't.

That turned out to be a trick. He was a shithead who was making up everything he was telling people.

I see this on /fit/ as well

>>>/reddit/

OP completely destroyed.

>look at me, I have no arguments!
Eh, at least you *tried*.

I don't want to have to concentrate on digesting food and creating shit. That's Melissa McCarthy's job.

Your argument is autistic nitpicking that would make the comment section of /r/movies proud. How do you even watch movies if you can't suspend disbelief?

No it wasn't.
He was reading the names that came up on the Loom, but he would substitute other of his choosing.
The whole Fraternity thing was real, but Freeman was just taking advantage of things.

I'm not retarded enough to be triggered by a misunderstood fact in a fictional movie but when it became apparent the movie was about psychic powers and not being super smart I stopped caring

You don't have to be triggered by it to have an opinion on it.

As I've clearly stated: the problem is NOT suspension of disbelief (at least not per se). I even specifically mentioned that magic or alien technology (which is, for all intends and purposes, the same thing) wouldn't have been a problem. You just don't understand the difference or are ignorant by choice - either way, I'm outta here, because discussing this any further is a waste of my time.

I felt that the more percentage she was using of her brain, the less I was using. At the end of the movie my brain was at 0%.

>my logic is being questioned so I'm leaving
Back to the echo-chamber of upvotes I guess.

The movie was about LSD.