Are you satisfied with the direction music has taken and will in the future...

Are you satisfied with the direction music has taken and will in the future? What are your hopes and what kind of sounds do you expect to see emerging?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/playtime-aint-over-yet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i am thinking (and hoping) that pop and experimental electronic/sound manipulation will start to work together more and more. artists like flying lotus will produce for singers like carly rae jepsen, etc.

soundcloud.com/zan-trikx/playtime-aint-over-yet

>Progressive Techno

I think music as a whole basically evolved into many category thing is most people try to use someone elses ideas an such

the death of nigger rap

You can't just generalize "music" as a whole. You need to be more specific than that.

Do you mean popular music?

>Do you mean popular music?
yes

im a fan of this topic OP, bump

I think we're pretty much out of music at this point and just running on steam

I've stopped following new shit, so I guess not.

I gave up on music the second rock became unpopular and rap became popular.
I have no hope for the future of music.
And its not even good rap. its littrlly just pilled out retards mumbling.

Okay so rock is treated like its dead.

Rap deevolves into mumbling retards.

Electronic music goes mainstream and gets marketed to dude bros who only want to hear le drop xD

Pop music is the same shit over and over again, take your pick, white girl who is a feminist, or white girl who is a whore, then becomes a feminist.

I honestly feel like when i was a kid there was more musical variety. Now it seems to be nothing but pop and pop rap.

Like there was a time when fucking KORN was a mainstream thing. I dont even like KORN but the fact that was possible at least made life interesting.

mainstream music has definitely gotten saturated. at the same time, its becoming infinitely easier to access and be exposed to new interesting music, so no one really has to rely on the mainstream vain to find music that they can get into.

>there's good music everywhere bro, you just got find it

uh

i mean. yes?

was adding the word "bro" into a shortened version of my reply supposed to somehow invalidate it?

He's a frogposter, no need to take his defective mind seriously.
You're completely correct on that. Good music is everywhere, you just to sacrifice some time to search for it which isn't an issue at all when you love the experience of listening to new music.

i get trolled too easily, its something i need to work on

and yop, this

>Good music is everywhere
Yeah if you have shit taste.
>You just to sacrifice some time to search for it
Wrong. You have to sacrifice a LOT of time to do so. This isn't some new golden age of amazing music due to the internet. This is an information overload, and yes, most of the music coming out is garbage. Millions of amateur musicians spreading their filth all across the web. The "evil" record labels served a function in those days; find talented people and use them to sell albums. Now, with most being independent, we get the trashest of the trash, and local musicians mom and their friends don't have the heart to tell them their music is fucking garbage. The 10 percent rule of 10 percent of a genre being good and the rest garbage stays true, we just have millions more artists so it's harder to find, and it's actually probably more like 1 percent now.

>Needing corporations to tell you what to like
Imagine being this pathetic

>Thinking the 10000th lo fi hip hop artist you've saw today is just as good as the last 9999

Oh, and also, nice strawman friendo. I'm saying labels served as a buffer GENERALLY. Labels don't always know best, obviously. But a good guarantee for success back then was first getting someone who has talent on your label, a duhhhh duh doy

Do you realize that the amount of good music is still huge though? If we assume only 2% of the music is listenable, it's still an enormous number of material to listen.
>You have to sacrifice a LOT of time to do so
So what? What you would rather do? Just dedicate 1 hour finding music instead of shitposting here. Problem solved.

Post-Post, BIATCH! Everyone ITT, succumb to THE GREATEST MUSIC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds to me you're just way too fucking lazy.

If we were in the 90s you'd be saying shit like "damn, record store browsing is so boring! Now underground artists are getting signed by big labels! Too much work!"

Fucking embrace this opportunity we have to explore literally millions of new songs and albums like never before and stop being a pessimistic bitch.

>dedicate an hour
yeah no. That becomes really tiresome. The funny part is, you can find a lot of good older music now, you are more likely to find good older obscure music then going through thousands of soundclouds making whatever meme genre of the month they make.
>Still huge
Yeah, and my point is that it's buried under a ever-growing pile of shit. Sure, more good artists will be able to get their stuff out there, but the amount of good artists relative to the population is going to remain the same. Now that there is no floor, any idiot can make and release music. That means more bad than good. More regular people can do it, meaning more trash.

>Lazy
Nope, I still regularly search for new music, albeit it's older stuff since that is more of a guarantee, at least for my taste. Sorry, don't want to listen to another "trap+another genre", or "new take on retro sound" that's so trendy these days.

Nice hypothetical that has no basis in reality by the way.
>Embrace this opportunity to explore millions of new songs
Millions of new garbage songs from amateurs, what a treat. Since we are in such a new golden age, point me to some underground artists that are good. I will be honest, and not say they are bad to prove my point. Let's hear all this cool new music I'm missing out on.

This is biggest non-issue I've ever seen someone bitch so much about

What's your favourite 90's rock album?

I can find a lot of good contemporary music. In fact I hear only contemporary music except for some old albums that I've listed out of curiosity.
It's not hard if you develop your taste and know where you can find it.
I like a lot of pianist, jazz bands, electronic musicians, all of it is instrumental music.
I know that the subject of the thread is pop music, but that is just shit for me. I will said it without any shame: my first favorite band was Linkin Park and all the nu-metal shit from the 2000's. Then I grew up and listen to Radiohead and Muse, some post-rock and post-hardcore and then I discovered jazz, electronic, etc. Now I know a lot of sites that can offer me a lot of options of the taste that I develop. If you don't want to expend time developing your taste then you should not tell us to do the same.

>Bitch about
Even though my original point was to prove you wrong. And to think it's a non-issue shows how myopic you are. Information overload is going to be a huge issue in the future, and we are only getting a small taste of what it does now. Music is just a piece of that puzzle.

>nigger rap
a little redundant user

>Actually needing this bad to get spoon-fed
Since you asked:
>Filthy Huns
>The Savage Young Taterbug
>Acid Witch
>Lingua Ignota
>Carpenter Brut (no longer underground because it's good underground music that, as all music does, blew up)
>2814 (ditto for this artist)

I really don't know how you don't see it. More music = more good music as well as bad, therefore = more exploration = more freedom.

Fucking drone.

I'm glad you say that because Jazz and Electronic are the two I would say are your best bets. But even then, not everyone listens to that, so to say "there's more good music than ever" while true, is missing the point. While there may be more good music in quantity, it's not necessarily easier to find, unless you just fucking like everything (including shite).

I do expend time developing my taste, I listen to albums I haven't heard regularly and also go "digging" on youtube, because I like finding cool samples and listening to music I haven't heard. My observations with new music is that it's not as easy to find the good stuff, and my previous posts indicate why I think that.

>Still insulting me because apparently I angered you so much.
I'm not asking to be spoonfed, I want to know what you think is good and then make a judgement of your taste based on that. Please refrain from getting so emotional about something so inconsequential.

I cant refute the trips

You are right saying that it's not easy because, as we are both saying, you need to develop your taste and have to find where you can search for music that you enjoy, it's true, its not easy.
But at the same time I don't think that it was easier in the past.
What I'm trying to say, and I think that it was the point of the other user that you were talking too, is that now if you truly want to find good music and invest time doing it it's at the hand of almost anybody with a pc, I have been doing it for years.

>I really don't know how you don't see it. More music = more good music as well as bad, therefore = more exploration = more freedom.

If the math is more music = more good music as well as bad then more =/= more freedom, it's the same as it was in the past. If the quality is proportional to the quality, as you are saying, then the quantity of freedom is the same.

Anyways
>Filthy Huns
Lo fi indie sadboy music. Real groundbreaking incredible music here.
>The Savage Young Taterbug
Slightly weirder version of above. Real groundbreaking.
>Acid Witch
Not bad but not my style
>Lingua Ignota
Singing over boring ambient. INCREDIBLE
>Carpenter Brut
Cheesy 80s revival synthwave. WOW
>2814
How'd I know you'd be a vaporwave/ambient fan. I'm aware this album is sometimes called "not vaporwave" but it doesn't matter. Equally forgettable.
If you had recommended me 5 Clarence Clarity level artists I would have given you the win. But the fact is there is so few Clarence Clarity level artists, Lopatins, Heckers, Enos, MBV, Moores, WHATEVER of those high caliber artists you can think of. I'm sure you'll have something to say about my choices but that's just an example. I like music that stands out, this is mostly musical wallpaper. Acid Witch I would give a slight edge too, but even then, nothing substantial. Maybe our tastes just don't align, but to make this argument that there's more good music than ever and not being able to come up with one artist that I could see myself listening to just shows the difference in what we qualify as good. I dont qualify lofi indie rock as good practically ever unless they're innovators in that genre. It's also a real trendy genre right now, so go figure.

I want music to be more complex than some idiot making a song where he says "gucci gang" for basically 95% of the entire song, and gains popularity as a result. Music is much more enjoyable with complexity and depth.

The reason rock has become unpopular is due to how serious the music gradually became. If you think about it, rock's final stand was the grunge movement, where the lyrical themes and overall sound of the music was quite dark. If rock wants to make a comeback, it has to become "fun" again, like maybe Beatles or rolling stones-esque. Most people enjoy feeling good, not bad..

Well shit, a literal nobody doesn't like my music?

I guess modern music IS shit after all!

The more important questions are why are you sexualizing children and where are the mods?

>sees an image of a clothed child, body posed normal
>immediately thinks of pedophilia
>normal photos are now sexualizing
You're mentally ill, please seek help. This place has done you no good.

>Little girl posing in an extremely normal manner
>Cp
Get help and top b8 my friend