Which genre "fan base" has the most pretentious listeners?

Which genre "fan base" has the most pretentious listeners?

hip hop

>As such, FUTURE and HNDRXX represent two fraternal, distinct channels of multiple identity and contradictory spirit. And while Wilburn has never been known for his consistency so much as his prolificacy, both releases, in their own ways, bathe in a lack of precision and concision, making them two of his most irregular releases yet.

>Presenting a nonlinear narrative expressed within the bounds of Wilburn’s typical, peculiar brand of promethazine-laced, earnestly-apolitical guerrilla semiotics, FUTURE, this 17-track oral odyssey, is simultaneously expansive and atomized. It is a glorious mess, inchoate and incohesive in form and objective, though always regal in pretension. Exhaustive in premise, the sheer length of the thing is demanding and results in one of his most verbose standard releases yet. It is advertised with no frills and no features, though it is, ironically, maximalist in intention. It is host to only a relatively small number of core en-bando regulars — the predictable lot of collaborators, Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, et al. — and tracks jump from interaction to action in a jarring, forced manner, shifting participatory onus onto the willing participant, demanding, again and again, critical analyses and interpretations of sequencing, companion art, etc. Despite these troublesome functions, these typical auto-histories are almost entirely logocentric, their reproductive illustration hardly pushing the sound barrier nor bolstering the appeal or nature of Wilburn’s codeine-choked, vocoded vocabulary

free jazz
final answer

Aside from a stock answer that everyone will give a "this" to ITT like Radiohead or Swans, I've never met a Pink Floyd fan under the age of 25 who could back up the shit they spew.
This is also really bad. TMT and all other "post-critical" writers are postmodern in the worst way.

It don't think there is a genre, but do you know those youtube channels where it is just a bunch of 1 hour compilation of sound cloud music? And the thumbnail is either a loop or static image of an anime character? And the title is some pretentious existential shit like "I miss you" or "I never knew how much I love you".

Noise listeners are surprisingly chill, id say the worst are the people who like popular shit like Hip Hop or Jazz but think it's something advanced and way above normal plebs

I used to write like this in my highschool essays
Thankfully I stopped and didn't make a career out of it

on Sup Forums?
Waifu-posters

Elsewhere,
Jazz maybe

You use 'postmodern' in a negative sense. I appreciate this

this

They're good for studying, but yeah I agree.
I went on the livestreamed one last night and there were literally nothing but tumblerina faggots with no friends posting shitty jokes in the feed.

Metal without contest

I'm curious why you think the bit about noise it surprising?

IMO, noise requires some degree of open mindedness, while pretentiousness requires the opposite.

probably jazz/classical outside of Sup Forums, here probably rock or something

oh fuck this.
if they're between the ages of 16-25 metalheads are the absolute peak of cringiness and pretentiousness
>don't like my music? you're a normie
>you critiqued the music i listen to? you're so close minded

I had to check if this was real. It's like the guy read a shit ton of Nick Land and became convinced that overwrought, bloated prose is a substitute for actual profundity. Fucking Wittgenstein and Heidegger--philosophers that are infamous for their opaque and confusing style of writing--are less circumlocusive and wordy than this guy, and while what they wrote had the benefit of actually meaning something, this malarkey, when boiled down, is as pointless as your average pitchfork review.

grimes.
also this

t. nu-male

t. case-in-point

>oral odyssey
Possibly used to have that on vhs.

My friend used to be one of those guys, but I managed to introduce him to other music. He's still mostly a metal head but appreciates many other genres now

21 pilots fans. Its not quite a genre, but the fanbase is rick and morty-esque

Sup Forums core

Jazz and classical, most classical people are alright but you get the occasional fucking dickhead who refuses to accept anything else.

Almost certainly dadrock-era prog rock

IDM

mainstream rock and metal fans no doubt