The Monster

Just finished a marathon of this

What did I think of it Sup Forums?

What's it even about

wikipedia gives nothing

A complete piece of shit mother and her daughter get into a car accident that may have been caused by a wolf or something worse.

Shit movie about fighting your "monster". In this case the mother is an alcoholic and the daughter also fights it since she's likely to be an alcoholic as well. Major letdown.

pleb: the post

The mother/daughter arguments were probably the best scenes in the film. Absolutely brutal. Outside of the last five minutes it pulls no punches and left me very impressed.

There's a reason why no one talks about this movie but will praise The VVitch all day. Sorry my dude, but it's straight garbage.

One of the most disappointing movies of the year

Enjoyed it a lot actually.

It was like a cross between a sundancebait indie about dysfunction and a midnight horrorcon kinda film. Shouldn't work on paper but it did. Also, I just love the atmospheric stuff that Bertino seems to be a purveyor of.

>The mother/daughter arguments were probably the best scenes in the film

This. Zoe and the daughter acted the fuck out of those roles.

You're right, and that's because The Witch had a wide release back in the beginning of the year and has since been released on home video and is available on amazon prime which countless people have.

The Monster has had none of these things.

That said Witch is definitely a better film all around, but thats a very high bar and this was still fairly excellent.

Decent actors, terrible monster design, unsatisfying ending, bland 'meaning'.

It gets set on fire mid pounce and immediately lies down and dies. And I dont mean a blazing inferno, just a few small sputtering flames. Monster looks like a Hunter from RE.

Boring film.

The ending was shit. Monster is fine, film is very suspenseful and never boring.

The drama in this film was so god damn predictable and generic.
I've had two friends in life who could probably sue these people for defamation of character because the "druggie/alcholic mom, dad with a temper, and bad-mouth little girl" shit is so god damn formulaic.

There's nothing about this film that hasn't been done better elsewhere.
Not a single thing. It should only be criticized for that.

>Marathon
>One movie probably not even 2 hours long

Buddy...

>There's nothing about this film that hasn't been done better elsewhere

What's another movie that combined dramatic elements as seen in this along with monster horror?

So the babadook?

b2r

How can you marathon one movie?

Not that guy but I can think of Possession and Babdadook off the top of my head.

Trick Trolled :)

Atrocious film. This post is viral marketing, probably the same people that used to spam It Follows threads constantly.

An average film overall. Overly saturated with 'mature' themes to make it look profound, but comes across as flat. Plot is very basic, and the monster design looks generic.

I'd rather watch Late Phases again, and that says a lot.