What the fuck happened to these guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YeI795fVoqE
youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0
youtube.com/watch?v=MKFSBN2mRhw
youtube.com/watch?v=-7AGmLgpbmY
youtube.com/watch?v=ev3vENli7wQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They created music that's gravely more abstract and rhythmically complex.

The recent stuff is only a bit more "gravely abstract" than their middle year tunes.

I'll be fucked if Tri Repetae isn't a masterpiece some thousands of years from now.

>muh modulars
happened

but seriously though, their output is pretty good

Yeah I guess you're right, Elseq and its segments could fit comfortably into the Draft7.30 and Confield camp

They use Max/MSP, idiot.

BoC>Aphex Twin>Autechre

Why even rank them? Whatever the fuck came out on Warp during those years was fucking amazing.

Move Autechre to the front and BoC to the back and you're right.

I got you fired up a little bit at least

Aphex>Boc>Plaid>Autechre

Boc>Aphex>Squarepusher>Autechre>µ-Ziq>Plaid

>µ-ziq
>good
>implying

Seriously retarded if you think Autechre aren't significantly more important and talented than all those.

this board seems to hate au anyway

plaid's importance is understated

youtube.com/watch?v=YeI795fVoqE

>Autechre
More like boretechre xD

I mostly think it's just because most of AE's works aren't as easily palatable as say SAW85-92 or Geogaddi. The only two albums that could fall into their camp of accessibility are Incunabula and Amber.

Wow, people weren't kidding when they called Autechre cold and clinical. I'm listening to Tri Reptae for the first time and it just sounds like bleeps and bloops and glitchy screeches played in rhythms. Which is neat, but it feels so... flat and simple, even though I'm guessing the rhythms are anything but simple.

Pan Sonic>Autechre

>µ-ziq
>bad
Explain yourself, cunt.

I think I tried Tri Repetae early on too and I was so turned off by them because I couldn't follow anything-- it just sounded like monolithic mass of glitchy breaks and hi-hats.

If you are interested in getting into them, chronologically is definitely a great start. I absolutely love them now and find their music exceptionally emotion instead of robotic and impersonal like I did initially.

Monolake>Autechre

Seconding this. I had Amber somewhere for years (pre-Youtube etc) before I knew the name. It was a generically named folder. Would listen to it once in awhile and walk away puzzled. By some chance a streamer was playing Eggshell and that's where I re-discovered them.

Cinemascope is a great album to drive to. But I also like Autechre.

Autechre is unironically the best music duo of our lifetime and will be remembered as some of the most influential artists of all time.

autechre are unmatched with their live sets, no one even comes close

youtube.com/watch?v=JSpS3TFS3P0

At the expense of sounding like a fanboi - some of the later albums like Oversteps etc really need time to connect with.

While I do like Autechre I think a lot of their melodies are weak and many tracks outstay their welcome.

youtube.com/watch?v=MKFSBN2mRhw

Greatest track on Exai

You put that shit on in the background while you focus on doing work.

Ae are way better than afx or boc

Columbine school shooter music.

objectively wrong opinion

>people refuse to start at ae's first albums because muh backpackambient

They're fucking great, stop trying to jump in at Tri or Confield.

Didn't another thread declare ae to be normcore?

I'm confused, help me.

cringe

Ae aren't nearly as normcore as Aphex or BoC. Autechre are popular but consistently make music that is decently inaccessible.

Oh thank heavens for a moment there I almost had a panic attack.

Define normcore

Personal favourite: youtube.com/watch?v=-7AGmLgpbmY

>WATMM losing their shit over this track

Autechre > Boards of Canada > Aphex Twin
Are you guys even listening?

incunabula and amber could probably be considered normcore but if you think autechre is normcore or accessible in anyway, you're seriously out of touch

Did you forget this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ev3vENli7wQ

Shit like that was broadcasted on TV channels.

yeah ofc I remember this, staying up late to see/hear all the crazy stuff that was on mtv is a fond memory. this was on rotation with other music videos like rubber johnny and smack my bitch up super late at night because that's the only time they would show them. you never ever saw this during primetime television

Ah the good old days.

I find it hard to believe Aphex or BoC are for normies considering how little effort either have put into trying to stay relephant.

Especially BoC.

aphex twin's name got dropped in a frank ocean track