A Series of Unfortunate Events

youtube.com/watch?v=DHyxlzHudoU

New trailer!

Why would anyone be excited about this? It's on Netflix.

Never read the books but it looks fun

Shitflix

Hes terrible as Olaf. Its just NPH in makeup.

Love the movie. New Violet looks qt, but she's no Emily.

They can be read in a day

I can't imagine a real person posting a trailer or other promotional material with no commentary. I really can't. This shit is so obviously shilling, especially when they include the word "hype" which no one has used sincerely since 2012

How is this any different to the movie?

This sure looks like it's ripping of Tim Burton for all he's worth.

I only see the first 4 books in there
I really want to see all 13 done

I don't care about mr poe being black but aunt josephine being black seems like a terrible cast.

People who think the books were for teenagers rather than children seem obsessed with the idea it'll be 'darker' - despite the film including the killing and marrying Violet.

They'll probably do the same mistake like the 2004 movie. The parts that weren't in books are meh, the parts straight out of books are good.
Snicket's face should be hidden, though. A huge miss.

They're not cramming 3 books into 2 hours.

The good part about ASoUE is the little details, which you can't do if you're condensing a book into 10 minutes.

Well, this trailer was certainly better than #2, where it was all NPH playing Olaf exactly like Jim Carrey did. Still not sold on him however.
I do like how they have their relatives looking completely unrelated to them, which was implied in the books.
I'll watch it since I already have Netflix but I wouldn't sign up for it.

Also Uncle Monty is indian. Why do these children have so many relatives with different ethnicities?

Not 3 books in one go
(Hopefully) Not a lot of focus on out of character Olaf being a dinosaur

> out of character Olaf

You mean the guy who spends the entire book dressing up and acting as wacky characters?

Looks fun and like it will be related to the books

Don't really feel like the cartoony style translates well to live action

Should have just made it an adult animated show

Stop motion. It should have been stop motion

>adult animated show
Why would they make a children's book series into an adult show?

I want to marry violet

why is josephine black she's meant to be their fucking aunttt REEEEEEEEEE

also neil patrick harris is a massive miscast, it either looks like he's doing something from barneys playbook or halfassing carrey's performance

You seriously can't fathom that someone just wants to discuss some new thing and get (you)s?

they're thoroughly worth reading. very cerebral childrens books, up there with his dark materials for best kid series

Everything was going fine until Violet. Holy shit, that kid can't act.

Appearance is one thing, sure, but you've got to have the chops to back it up.

They're not actual relatives, they're VFD members posing as them to keep the kids safe.

hey it's the fucking pizza guy from spiderman 2!

i really enjoyed the movie as a child, but i don't know what to expect desu