I just listened to this

This is my first time hearing this album and it's amazing. What other albums should I listen to? I feel like I haven't been around good music for most of my life.

I've been listening to a little of the talking heads and my bloody valentine lately. Born under punches is a really good song.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_(band)
open.spotify.com/album/1hYEZGnqoWPe5rV8gc8y3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try "Nowhere" by Ride if you want to listen to more shoegaze

Listen to the rest of The Smiths and then Moz's solo career up to You Are the Quarry (but skip Maladjusted)

Louder than Bombs.

If you like Johnny Marr then try We Were Dead by Modest Mouse or Ignore the Ignorant by The Cribs (criminally underrated band).

Thanks. I'll give them a listen. What about the clash or similar? I've been listening to some of London calling and I really like it

Johnny Marr's project with Bernard Sumner Electronic is also really good, so is Marr's solo stuff

The Jam were a good English punk/new wave band. The Dead Kennedys I consider the US equivalent of the Clash in terms of political subject matter

this
DK is great, obviously the sex pistols if you haven't listened to them yet.

bumping this simply because this album is fucking amazing 10/10

marr and bernie did a collab?
how have i never heard of this?

also op, unknown pleasures - joy division

>marr and bernie did a collab?
>how have i never heard of this?
Because it was a disappointment when it came out, so it is never brought up as often.

The Jam are fantastic.

I'll get flack here for saying this, but Oasis' early albums are great too, or even Noel Gallagher's solo records. Johnny Marr supported them before they even had a record deal and played on a few of their albums.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_(band)
Their best of album: open.spotify.com/album/1hYEZGnqoWPe5rV8gc8y3g

Fuck off, they were great

80's band called Wipers

This is really good.. thanks

we actually seem to have pretty similar taste tbqh.

so no worries.

Yeah, this is literally how I got into music as a teenager. I became obsessed with Oasis and read all their interviews, listened to every artist associated with them in some way. That led to some other great music like Paul Weller or Johnny Marr. Just try to find influences for artists you already enjoy and work from there.

The first Noel Gallagher solo album is unironically quite good, The rest are a bit iffy.

Holy shit you're me

me

Oh yeah? What else do you listen to?

>The Cribs

Saw them in London the other night and they were great. I thought they'd get bigger after Marr joined them, but I guess they're still too much of outsiders. They still haven't released a bad album though. They're different from other British bands and have more of an American punk influence despite the obvious accents. Probably why they're overlooked.

Noel never lost his talent. The only reason later Oasis albums faltered was because he let the rest of the band write songs. The first HFB album was all Oasis outtakes and it's about as good as Noel always is. The second album fell off a bit due to odd production and his new record's just very divisive. Personally I love "Who Built the Moon?" but it's definitely a departure.

Literally how I got into music as a middle-schooler. This album holds up better than almost anything.

Louder Than Bombs is another one you might like

As you mentioned, I started with the stuff that influenced Noel the most (Beatles, Stones, Roses). Followed with a huge chunk of Britpop, Who, Kinks, Jam, Joy Division, The Smiths (Johnny Marr and his own stuff and collaborations as well, biggest guitar inspiration for me to this day), La's, Buzzcocks, Clash, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins and so on... that's how it went when I was a teen, at the moment I'm mostly following the classical threads around here...

A tad heavier, but still British: The Sister's of Mercy.