People who think she is a mary sue: What should happen in Episode 8 to get rid of this status?

People who think she is a mary sue: What should happen in Episode 8 to get rid of this status?

>face that Rey makes when she sees your circumcised penis

have another character be better than her at something
have another character dislike her
have her make a mistake

1 of the 3 will do

disliking a woman? wow just wow

She dies and Luke takes over as protag

Stop combing the internet for story solutions, you can't write your way out of this you shit.

get rid of british accents

She is almost raped by Kylo Ren but he can't perform because of his microdick.

maybe you could start with her having some actual character flaws

>have a character be better than her at something
You mean like a man? Misogyny at it so finest there
>have someone dislike her
Nice sexist projection there
>have her get something wrong
As shown in the first film she can't get anything wrong, plus showing a woman failing is problematic. If she fails it's because she's being kept held down in a patriarchal system (all of the new order is a white male...hmmmm funny that)

DESU I should've known coming to Sup Forums I'd see these toxic comments. Say mad on your containment website, virgins

Have her fail at something. If she succeeds all the time, then how can we relate to her and get an emotional connection?

Turn to the Dark Side. Literally the only way.

Her death desu senpai

>have her take a beatdown from someone, knock her down a few pegs
>have her realize that she's shit and be humbled by it
>have her train in some way to become better and in doing so, grow as a person and a character
>unleash her on the enemy

She needs to die. They have written themselves into a corner

Was she the biggest Mary Sue in StarWars?

Sadly I can already see the articles saying all that.

So she can have a redemption arc and they can copy the scenes from return of the jedi 1:1 and call it a hommage?

Kylo should get the redemption arc, Rey stays on the dark side, Kylo eventually kills her, in a manner mirroring his killing Han. Pure pottery.

Trandoshan gangbang scene

I don't care. They already ruined it.

The worst part is people unironically believe this

Seriously though, how else are they gonna create any sort of sense of urgency and danger? She already beat the main villain without having had any training whatsoever. Now she's been trained by Luke. How can Kylo ever be a threat to her again? Or are they gonna introduce a new villain?

This. They already showed that her inexperienced forehead was capable of reverse force-brain raping a trained jedi as well as taking him down in combat with a weapon she had literally never used before.

Also, kylo not being able to force pull a fucking lightsaber but rey being able to?

They already established that Rey is more powerful then Kylo, even though Kylo was trained by Luke Skywalker and some space sheev for years. Her losing to him would be a complete step-backwards and would make no sense, and her beating him again is pretty obvious.

Give her some actual flaws and/or show her fucking up and other characters getting annoyed with her (and not present it as if she hasn't done anything wrong). I don't know, there stuck between a rock and a hard place with this because if they have her fail miserably in Ep 8 it'll just make it seem like they're ripping off ESB like they did ANH with Ep 7.

>(all of the new order is a white male...hmmmm funny that)
Phasma
Well towards the ending Snoke told one of the guys there to bring Kylo to him so he can finish his training.

Have Luke train her and have her fail at something.

That would be the go-to scenario but for some reason every time I think about it my mind defaults to The Legend of Korra, when Korra's learning airbending, and that did nothing but make me hate the character. I don't want to see anything like that in Star Wars.

They would need to create a new threat that demands her to ascend to Super Sayian Jedi God, which will actually force her to go through trials and proper challenges. Kylo won't be the main villain, he'll have to play the anti-hero and get some shitty attempt at redemption.

Not like it matters, really. All of this is awful and retarded.

RISING UP, BACK ON THE STREETS
DID MY TIME, TOOK MY CHANCES
WENT THE DISTANCE, NOW I'M BACK ON MY FEET
JUST A [WO]MAN AND [HER] WILL TO SURVIVE

Kek

have her lose a limb or 2.

Have her make a fuckup that kills Finn or Poe. Then she'd have to live with the mistake forever

Fuck, I don't know. My knee jerk reaction would be to say for her to go to the Dark Side and Kylo goes to the Light. Maybe she gets possessed by Snoke and dies?

>charge Kylo Ren alone, thinking she will defeat him like last time
>get anihilated, possibly lose limb or two
>get rescued by some other character

>"It wasn't your fault Rey"
>"I know..."

moving on.

That's easy. Make her lose.

Luke had super awesome powers and was able to use the Force pretty fucking well with barely any training, but he only did the Death Star run because Rogue Squadron had his back and he lost his first light saber fight pretty fucking badly. He only survived his confrontation with the Emperor because Vader had a change of heart. And Anakin, he was fucked up right out of the gate. Sure, he was the chosen one, but being a former slave with severe attachment issues kinda hampered any progress he could have made. It doesn't matter how strong you are if your brain is fucked up.

What's her name from Episode 7 suffered nothing in her movie. Sure, she grew up on a desert planet, but so did the other two, so no brownie points for that. She lost nobody but a celebrity she knew for about two days. She trained nowhere yet learned how to do advanced Force techniques like clouding people's minds just by knowing the ability exists. She was able to pilot the God damned Millennial Falcon after never having flown a God damned thing in her life. Just have her try to do something, anything, and suck at it. Make her struggle. Make her earn her victory. John McClane took out 30 terrorists all on his own, but he did it with bloody feet. Bloody this damn girl's feet.

Combine with

But literally make it her fault, like she isn't paying attention in a fighter and clips into Poe, who hits an asteroid or something.

Her getting violently raped on a pinball machine during the first 5 minutes of the film

Don't have her know how to automatically fix ships
Don't have her learn force powers without anyone teaching her
Have her suck at combat initially

They have 3 movies to develop her but they shoved it all in the first

Oh you know that shit would be plastered all over buzzfeed if they evwr showed her make a mistake

People should stop respecting her in silent awe the first time they meet her
>finn admits 'you're the first person who looked at me'
>han and chewie stare dumbfounded that this slut knew more about the falcon than they did
>kylo ren has a surge of respect for her force
>leia instantly trusts her with everything
fucking a

SPOILER: Poe/Finn's brother initially swears revenge on her for accidentally causing their death, but a series of twists bring them to the same side of the conflict and the brother and one-time enemy ultimately becomes one of her closest friends who in the end sacrifices himself to allow her to escape an otherwise no-win scenario

>pushes against the military creation act and loses
>can't see the guy she's into is a psychopath
>dies because she stayed with the psychopath

I don't know if she's a Mary Sue, but she doesn't really do much.

people are saying she's the reincarnation of the chosen one (Anakin)

Godamnit. And they would probably do it too

Have her go through struggles where she doesn't know everything and needs help and show her being defeated

Rey character is unsalvageable, as others have stated the only way to fix it would be for her to darkside and Kylo go lightside - but it's impossible now because patricide is a point of no return.

She will just continue being Mary-Sue and defeat the knights of ren, Kylo and Snoke on her own and marry Finn and have a mulatto baby.

JJ is a fucking hack and Disney is the cancer killing cinema.

Sort of like the Dooku duel, she charges Kylo and gets quickly incapacitated/de-limbed, at which point Finn jumps into the fray to rescue her and is fatally wounded. Luke comes in and saves everyone's asses, and Rey has to live with the fact that she got her close companion killed by being headstrong.

Bonus points if it's a ploy by Snoke to make her truly hate Kylo and thus set her fall to the dark side into motion.

Disney would never do that. They'll probably redeem Kylo and possibly kill him at the end like Vader cause "member Return of the Jedi?"

Or if they wanna be original have Kylo remain evil until the very end and be killed as a way to show that remaining evil will lead to your downfall.

It was kinda weird how she immediately turned into a gun-toting badass but otherwise not that bad.

We are getting somewhere.

>JJ is a fucking hack and Disney is the cancer killing cinema.

Part of me still believes they can't be as dumb as they made us believe with TFA.

SW always had iconic villains. The original trilogy, the prequels and the expanded universe. Disney surely must know that if they want to make this a long running franchize, they need a new iconic villain. Kylo Ren was absolutely pathetic and laughable, so my hope is that they genuinely plan to turn Rey into the new Anakin, which would explain why she had so little character development and just like Anakin is great at everything.

POUR A 40 OUT FOR MY HOMIES

>Luke appearing out of nowhere and ruining the conflict between the new characters just to suit your power level autism

You're fucking retarded.

Rey will never go darkside, the narrative that women are capable of evil is a gross faux-pas in this day and age which will lower RT rating by -30% and average 1-2 star less with critics.

Only white males are capable of evil.

She will just Mary-Sue harder in the next one, and everyone will instantly love her upon meeting her.

Rey is worse than fucking Jar Jar.

I'm on episode 3 of season 1. Does this faggot get a satisfying comeuppance?

>think she is

it is a rational observational factual truth that she is a mary sue

made some constructive criticism or alternative
t.not him

I mean, there's Captain Phasma. She did absolutely nothing of consequence, but still. At least shows they're willing to have an evil woman.

Oh and that brownish female officer who appeared for like... 10 seconds.

The scene where Luke, who was Snoke all along goads her into decapitating an armless Kylo, sobbing and begging for his life to be spared, showing the audience that he is still just a child who wanted nothing more than to prove himself to be something more than what he was, which confirms her fall towards evil, would be perfect pottery desu senpai.

>How can he be black? stormtroopers are clones
>"nuh-uh they stole children from all over the galaxy and put them in empirejugend"
>okay so its diverse too then
>"yes"
>where are the female soldiers of the empire?
>"only men are capable of evil"

>Crais
>Faggot
>Getting his comeuppance

Oh boy oh boy are you in for a surprise, my friend.

The only, ONLY thing I'll say is that his arc will have you in honest-to-god tears by the end, and it's the sort of thing that makes Farscape a strong contender for the title of greatest sci-fi show of all time.

yes, there is a reason why in this world today most countries still don't allow women on the front line. also look at captain phasma

Let's hope she stays evil and not switch sides. We already have a defector character and that's Finn.

jew jew abrams should be hanged by his microball for phasma

Yeah but not all are combatants. Like you never saw an empire woman in the corridors at the bridge or controls of some station or anything

>Phasma
Never took helmet off, you only know its a she because of the cast promo pics.

When will Leia be reviled as snoke

Can we be real for a sec? TFA was a 2/10 at best. It was much worse than Suicide Squad and Civil War.

By the time of the A New Hope, the Empire had having regular men serve as storm troopers. Even if they were clones, it's quite logical the republic destroyed the cloning facilities which would force The First Order to turn to kidnapping children to make them soldiers. There are female officers serving in The First Order along with Captain Phasma.

You base this on nothing. There are no empire women on screen in the movie.

you're forgetting voice. and she is meant to play a big part in the next movie

And she's here to do some business with a dildo on her hip.
A dildo on her hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

It was always understood that Stormtroopers were an off branch clone force of the army, like the SS was an elite offshoot of the Wehrmacht. The actual army guys wore uniforms similar to Veers in ESB

She was hot and was mercifully kept out of the way of the plot.
Still, I think films would be so much better once we stop pretending that every actor can do action scenes.

dude cmon, even back in legends canon it was acknowledged that the original cloned storm troopers were running out, they even had storm troopers of different species.

Luke doesn't train her. He tells her to leave. Rey disappears for an entire film while Luke joins back up with the resistance. Rey gets seduced by Snoke because she has no compass of the light and dark side. She becomes Kylo's apprentice, but really snoke wants to teach her the sith way of overcoming and destroying her master. She later tries to murder Kylo but snoke stops her right before she lands the death blow, which causes Kylo to say fuck this dark side shit and run to mummy and luke. Redemption arc for Kylo, Rey becomes the main villain.

On rewatch the movie was painfully average, but I forgot how much I enjoyed her character. A lone bright spot.

>giving a strong female character flaws

replace her actor with idris elba

This is a good post. Really I mean it

death

They are really setting it up for something along these lines. Anyone who doesn't see the Kylo redemption arc coming are blind.

So the true & one great Jedi, set to establish a gilded era... can't be a girl. Even in fantasy land?

Come off it.

Unless she's a sith lord with missing memories which is probably the only way I can see to save the franchise

Wasn't Luke the chosen one though?

>People who think she is a mary sue: What should happen in Episode 8 to get rid of this status?

i don't know but she absolutly needs to take the BBC

Full Penetration

Dry anal

I just want her to die in the first 5 minutes. Blow up with the same ship the black stormtrooper guy is being treated on. These two characters were completely unlikable and free of any charisma.

Then we could continue on with Luke or a new protag or focus on Ben. Whatever, just not those two worthless characters.

i hope she gets raped

but there were women in the control rooms of the empire's star destroyer in TFA

try harder

Anakin brought balance to the force because he empowered the Dark Side for the first time in forever, because the Jedi (light side) had had a monopoly on power for so long. The Jedi were right that Anakin would bring balance to the force, but they misinterpreted that as destroying the dark side, when it reality it means there needs to be a balance of light and dark. It's why the Star Wars universe will never be at peace, conflict is the force's nature. When the Jedi were able to keep things stable for a while and keep the dark side suppressed, it resulted in the clone wars/Galactic Empire, which caused immeasurable destruction and suffering.

I'm high, but Star Wars has some pretty deep lore yo