Best album covers of all time?

I concur OP

Also pic related

looks like some star wars shit

what is that?

Pretty Hate machine

but what's it a picture of

Idk lmao just looks cool

Strom in heaven's cover art is fucking beautiful, perfectly captures that album's feel

that's stupid then

oh my sides

all pretty shitty
post indian repetitions
lol it's a sad sun... ughh
the second one reminds me of teletubbies
vektor never disappoints

the one i posted is the best in this thread so far

>lol
meant to type "look"

All pretty good picks

in what universe is this considered good? i'm guessing in the universe of a 6-grader.

and anything else by Roger Dean

"oh lets take an excerpt from a famous acclaimed painting"-the cover

It works really well and plenty of other albums have done the same
Pic related

>It works really well
maybe, but it always feels like cheating. why not paint a cover yourself and put your songs on the album, like everything yours, know what i mean?

>6-grader
lmao
are you a "6-grader" yourself?

I mean, it's not like they had any sort of budget with it being their major project as a relatively unknown indie group. Their two following albums had original artwork that was pretty good because of the success of the first.

i do love these

what did they mean by this?

Also this

I always really liked Spiderland's cover, to name a widely known album

I nominate Braids.

Iconic.

Also this one

GOAT

OMG black people are so musical and culturally rich aren't they? This totally unremarkable album cover is the greatest of all time. I just love black people.

bingo bongo what a strawman

Yeah, honestly there are far better Mingus album covers out there.

Blades of a turbine from some factory, lots of people think it's an old microphone though.

>reflexively deploys the word "strawman" whenever challenged in order to avoid dealing with challenges honestly and directly

i never knew why there's a black man with a helmet and a sword on it

I didn't post that nor do I think it's a very good album cover, but your post nonetheless was a pointless strawman. Just call it a shit album cover friendo.

meh from top of my head but good enough for this thread

The alternate cover is so much better.

Technically that's the original cover and this is the alternative. Also how great would have been if they had actually been allowed to name it "War Pigs" as they originally intended?

In what way was it a "strawman"? If you think the attitude presented in the post was an inaccurate representation of the other poster, say why. It seems obviously correct to me - the post is an example of the absurd idolization of black music and black music figures that so many people exhibit. It's a stupid album cover, and the poster posted it because they have this dumb reverential attitude about blacks. If you don't think that's the case, say why.

my favorites

Anyone know if there's any backstory to this? Like, is it supposed to look medieval? Is it supposed to look futuristic? Why is he wearing a low-budget-kung-fu-movie-bad-guy helmet? What is the aesthetic supposed to be?

this one grew on me

>he post is an example of the absurd idolization of black music and black music figures that so many people exhibit. It's a stupid album cover, and the poster posted it because they have this dumb reverential attitude about blacks.
you are assuming things about the poster of that album cover that are not clear at all

kys

completely did wonky aesthetics before it was a thing

Mehh album but fantastic cover

looks like dog shit senpai

one of my favorites, subtle but effective

it just works. fits the album real well too

And the vinyl cover is even better

I made a guess that I'm pretty sure is right. If you think my guess is wrong, present a more convincing alternate explanation of posting that album cover with the text "GOAT".

this is alot cooler than

i cant tell if youre making a joke
literally looks like what my dog shits out of his ass after eating his dinner

dont listen to the bullies desu

>the post is an example of the absurd idolization of black music and black music figures that so many people exhibit. It's a stupid album cover, and the poster posted it because they have this dumb reverential attitude about blacks. If you don't think that's the case, say why.
Can you explain to me where you got this from? I genuinely cannot see how you could come to this conclusion considering he never mentioned anything beyond him thinking its a great cover. Did you ever consider that you can enjoy something by black people without it being about them being black?

absolute reddit

"hard to make out" and "little to see" doesn't equal subtle

Looks like an early 2000s Flash game. No.

It's a famous album with an iconic cover. I don't personally like it very much but I'm sure you could find people who think the similar looking covers of albums like Patti Smith- Horses, Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde, Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run, David Bowie- Low are among the best of all time.

Most NIN album covers are better than this.

>Did you ever consider that you can enjoy something by black people without it being about them being black?
Yes. The album cover is shit, as other have noted. That's why I assume he posted it because of his BBC fetish. Because there's no way he posted it because it's a good album cover, because it's not, therefore, he had some other motivation. Based on the massive overpraise "GOAT", and the prominent black themes being basically the only content of the cover of that album, I made the guess that I did, and it's probably accurate. Now if you think it's wrong, explain what you think is a more likely explanation. I'm sorry you're a brainlet and don't understand how to read people's actions. It's pretty obvious to the rest of us.

>The album cover is shit, as other have noted.
Can you point to these posts? All I'm seeing are your embarrassing attempts at psychoanalysis

kino

I would literally consider this for the best album of all time, especially with how well it fits the album, and all different time versions of the island. It's god-tier cover for sure.
By the way, anybody has this version in hi-res? Can't seem to find it anywhere

it really capture the feels of the songs

That's the shitty alt cover, user. The original is about three to four times better in every respect.