What happens in 3000 years?

What happens in 3000 years?

Is she the only one that can see the future?

Explain this Nolan-Tier movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

time is a flat cirlce dood

She can only see her own future though, so the power is pretty pointless.

Doesn't matter what happens.

Time doesn't matter, nothing matters, if you see the future you can do wjatever you want, be in the future, be here, be there.

What was the point of this movie?

Rust was right! DEEPEST LORE

Then what was the point?

I still don't know what the aliens wanted and why they left.

they wanted humanity's help in 3000 years

stop looking at your phone and watching minecraft streamers while you "watch" movies

I think after she teached the alien language in school and books, the whole humanity was able to see the future.

so even if someone they, they give that power to the next person until the 3000 year later humans.

whatever might happen then no one can tell yet

brah man the quantum shit in ur brain man, it makes u see the future cuz we are all somehow u know in the stars, particles and dust and sdhit cmon man u know it, it's the universe and parallel universes and shit fucking awesome right this shit is deep af

>they wanted humanity's help in 3000 years

for what?

>they gave humans the power to see into the future, now we should help them.

what?

that's it? They should have gives us eternal life or flying space ships.

>What happens in 3000 years?
They run out of monkey creatures in their empire in which they can gestate their larve, humabs are a good substitute

OP holy shit what are you all talking about. I just saw the movie can someome fucking talk anything other than nonsense!
Explain the movie, I'm not memeing

The vast majority of criticism I've seen here for this movie has been from anons who can't grasp some of the key concepts for the film, even though they are explained quite clearly for you.

And the lack of ability for suspension of disbelief leads me to believe that levels of autism on this board are in fact under-reported.

...are you kidding?

I thought the movie was shit for over explaining every thing and assuming the audience was retarded

Did you still not get it?

it's just some metaphysical explanation. They want us to believe that human brains are capable of understanding time if we just become "enlightened" enough because time is somehow just a form of looking at things. So if you just understand time well enough then you could look at time like you look at space, aka flowers and the ground. You could see time/ground further away and closer to you. No difference anymore.

>Be geologist (or whatever the fuck Jeremy was in that movie) and fall in love with a woman who is basically the female version of Professor X

>When she tells you """""""""the secret"""""""" about your daughter, you divorce her.

>Divorcing your chinese-tier telepathic wife for any reason whatsoever.

Look, I UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED.

What was the point?!?!

I don't know what her getting super power has anything to do with the aliens coming and going away.

>tfw you are too late for all the threads last month

sorry op

the aliens wanted help in the future, 3000 years from now.
the aliens can look in the future.
they knew that the humans would launch attacks soon and destroy them or themselves if they dont make it clear to her that she too can look in the future because she's /special/
they did
she can now look in the future. she convinced the humans to work together and therefore now they can help the aliens in 3000 years

i know that this stuff can be terribly complicated for a 13 year old, so i take the time to explain this in detail for you

When it's said that the heptapods told the Russians, "There is no time," and everyone interprets it as a threat or a sign to hurry… and they're literally trying to say that time doesn't exist to them—what a subtle way to sum up everything. It seems like such a throwaway line.

Nolan ain't shit.

this is beyond Nolan.

>it's a yet another "I DON'T FIND THIS OR THAT PLAUSIBLE THE MOVIE IS SHIT" thread

Reminder that if you form your opinon about movies completely based on the narrative and the narrative only, then you are a first class supreme pleb.

>she convinced the humans to work together and therefore now they can help the aliens in 3000 years

that never happened in the movie.

she just published a fucking book, that's all.

>for what?
they didnt say

>what?

>that's it? They should have gives us eternal life or flying space ships.

Its not specified in the movie, but since they can see the future they can probably tell that humanity will help them just as events unfold normally

This isnt even the part about the movie thats bad, why are you bitching about this stuff?

if the aliens are so smart and have super future powers,

why didn't they just learn the human language by seeing into the future ,

before they come to earth

>being this retarded

Really makes you think. Not you, since you seem to be incapable of thinking, but the generic "you".

what did he mean by this?

Why are aliens octopus?

They don't even have eyes

what was the bird meaning?

>>she convinced the humans to work together and
>that never happened in the movie.

yeah it did, she whispered that future crap to the chinese guy. holy fuck, how utterly stupid are you

Why did chinese president cooperate with her in the future?

what if he didn't give her the ohone number in the future?

>because she said chinese stuff in the past

but in the future the past never happened yet

>but it did

THIS IS PARADOX!

>dude time has no meaning, there is no past or future
what?
What is this Nolan!

>she is god bruh

Are you by any chance underage OP?
Because that's the only explanation for your spoonfeeding exposition seeking "yahoo.answers.com" post.

It doesn't matter what happens in 3000 years. The aliens themselves and their origin doesn't matter.
95% of the movie is an Amy Adams close-up and you ask "BUT WHO WAS THE ALIENS LMAO?!?!?"

There is no point in trying to explain anything to you because you didn't even comprehend a movie which basically spells out it all in the third act.
I suggest you stick to cartoons and youtube spoofs for a few more years until your brain is capable of basic plot comprehension.

>>>she convinced the humans to work together and
that never happened in the movie.

>yeah it did, she whispered that future crap to the chinese guy. holy fuck, how

That had nothing to do with humanities plan for the 3000 years later stuff

I hope this is bait.

This isn't even on the reddit level, this whole post is 9gag tier.
Lurk more to learn how to greentext and form atleast one valuable sentence jesus christ

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg

movie is shit

alright im done, there is no point in talking with mentally ill people

the sectopods knew that in the future their race would degenerate into squabbling warring factions like the humans and they'd forget their language so they had to teach the humans so the humans could teach them so they could teach the humans

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

JUST TELL ME WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS MOVIE!!!

OK I'M RETARD!

IF YOU ARE SMARTER THAN ME THEN EXPLAIN THE MOVIE!

>amy adams can see the future
So what?!?!

>she stoppeda chinese war
so what?

>the aliens told her she can see the future
so what?

>lmao what a twist the scenes with the child are her future vision
so what?

WHAT WAS THIS MOVIE TRYING TO TELL US????

>that time doesn't exist
ok great, so?

>help me in 3000 years, bye!
WAIT WHAT?! COME BACK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!

stop samefagging

Shit plot with some nice scenes. It was easy to watch but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who has seen much sci fi.

Girls and people who are young and new to sci fi will eat it up.

samefag

"it was so dumb"
"the script was bad"
"they say the concept of time isn't linear but the movie is linear"
"it's really dumb. it's really, really dumb"

incredible review

what?

The only thing that bothered me was how freaked out all the human governments get when the aliens could not have acted less aggressive.

Also the aliens are fucking stupid too. Entering someones solar system without first asking permission is basically an act of war.

They do have radio waves.

>Also the aliens are fucking stupid too. Entering someones solar system without first asking permission is basically an act of war.

lol

Those are two different points in time user. When they aliens enter the solar system they are being stupid and the humans have every right to freak out.

Once they land and start talking, its clear they are peaceful. Try to keep up.

Is the guy here serious?

I mean if that is not bait then we are posting with actual degenerates holy shit wow

Why didn't the aliens learn how to communicate before they come to earth?

>Fred: lmao let's go to earth and talk to humans

>John: Fred but they can't understand us.

>Fred: Don't worry about that, I saw in the future that they send us a chick that translates everything

oh, ok.

why did the two right-wing trump supporting soldiers try to bonb tje spaceship?

did they get fired?

Imagine trump was president in this movie.

You didnt understand and then acted superior. Thats pretty embarrassing.

>Entering someones solar system without first asking permission is basically an act of war.

still laughing

>lmao muh anerica is peaceful, look at all the other countries being violent and agressive towards the aliens

>but we are communicating with them because OH YES, WE ARE AMERICANS AND WHENEVER THERE IS AN ALIEN MOVIE IT'S ALWAYS MUH AMERICA THAT SAVES THE DAY!!!

Cringe.

that's a different guy. over here

and over here

>Entering someones solar system
>basically an act of war.

just gets better and better

Because the point wasnt to talk to humans, the point was to teach humans their language

>all the other countries being violent and agressive towards the aliens

The americans in the movie literally tried to blow up the whole fucking ship and killed one of the aliens.

Why are you still in your pre "I watched the trailer it looks shit" hate state?
It is implied that all countries have their own bad sides/fears (Russia killing their own men, China going full on war ready, American post 9/11 terrorism fear)

I'm just a lot smarter than you.

Do the aliens have 6 vaginas? How do you even fuck that shit?

Got sick of looking at Lois Lane's 10 foot face having silent emotional moments 50% of the movie.

I wanted to see how frustrated the aliens actually were trying to talk to these retards and laughing about blowing them all to fuck if they tried to machine-gun them.

If Abbot Alien could see into the future, why did he die ?

You may want to investigate the possibility that you are just a moron.

This movie was very easy to grasp, that you cant figure out these simple points is not its fault, its yours.

dat asspain

>needing all the answers.

Can you be more pleb?

you've refuted none of those things and you can't because it is bad factually. You can only either lie or say you like it

good counterargument

>an alien species
>no guarantee they can even see the physical world
>no guarantee of having any idea about property rights
>no guarantee of having any concept of "property" at all
>no guarantee of having being able to conceptualize spatial borders
>you have never made a treaty denoting spatial borders
>you have never interacted ever
>entering someones solar system
>basically an act of war

loving every laugh

As I said. I am just a lot smarter than you. Please keep the long stupid posts coming though.

there's no substantiation because you can't, witling

The shit amount of ass pain in this thread and this kid is amazing. Life must be so dismal to you faggots that you put yourselves through this bullshit just because no one talks to you or cares.

I have nothing to counterargue because there are no actual arguments in the video.

And let's even say that there are some narrative problems, but what about everything else?
What about the editing? The pacing? The set and overall production design? The soundtrack? The sound design? The delivery of lines? The blocking? Framing and composition?

Film is a visual medium, so if you actually memes aside think that this movie is shit, surely you can comment on how all the other filmmaking elements are sub par right?

I thought you were trolling because of how dumb you guys were acting but I see you might be serious.

Flying object at high speeds to other planets isn't threatening?

AHAHHAHA.

you provided no points to counterargue

>Flying object at high speeds to other planets isn't threatening?

so we may have already intentionally declared war on other species with our satellites then?

i can hear the laughter from NASA and SETI from here

You are either trolling or just plain stupid.

alien species detected

>Flying object at high speeds to other planets isn't threatening?

they didn't fly to earth.

They just teleported on earth

did you not see how they just became ghost at the end?

kid this is my first post in the thread. stay mad though.

Jesus Christ.

Science fiction flick for chicks, mildly interesting to guys. Slow as fuck, could have used a hotter chick to keep the guys half-way interested in her whatever-bullshit-going-through-her-head-as-usual.

A fully emotionally based film that would have been very good without all that shit.

This whole thread is cancer.

>What happens in 3000 years?

It's not important, if you think that's what the movie is about then it flew over your head.

>Is she the only one that can see the future?

They literally explained in the movie the theory that when you start to think in somebody else's language you can re-wire your brain to think like the people who speak it naturally, because language is one of the biggest influences in the way we talk.

Anybody who totally understands their language can experience time non-linearly, and it's not "seeing the future", it's viewing time in a circular way

>Make first contact
>Expect to receive laser guns and FTL travel.
>Get gay circle language for girls instead

Lmao

Sup Forums is just easy to troll.

>emotionally based
>still had better writing for its speculative linguistics than any sci fi film in decades

all of the elements you bring up have little to do with the overall quality of a movie. A movie can have good editing, blocking, framing, acting, delivery, sound design, and so forth. But if the story is dogshit, it ruins everything. It only takes one thing to fuck it all up, and the story is perhaps the most important. Arrival's story was dogshit, refute that.

>Why didn't the aliens learn how to communicate before they come to earth?

Because they wanted to teach her how to comprehend their language.

If they just learned to speak English then Amy Adams wouldn't be able to see time like they do, holy fuck do people just sit on their phones during movies? This shit isn't hard.

The whole point is teaching humans how to see and experience time like them, so in 3000 years time humanity can be there to help them

I speak jive. I can see the future - around blacks can't relax.

>if the story is dogshit, it ruins everything
>It only takes one thing to fuck it all up

dropped through the center of the earth

>Nuking cities is just how they say hello
>Who are you to judge!

Libtards everyone.

>things that didn't happen or get said: the post

Go back to Sup Forums or complain about a black dude being in star wars or some shit you weenie

doesn't matter if its threatening or not, we are talking about an alien race that can see the future, they knew how this was going to turn out before it happened

'decades' means more than one decade. a decade is 10 years.

>Explain this Nolan-Tier movie.

Ironic. If it was Nolan it would have been all exhaustingly spelled out w/ the exposition you autists have come to expect.

is that so crazy?

Lando was good. Why did they put Forest de Gump in this film?

>Sup Forums bogeyman
>appeal to logical fallacies
>Conjecture about movie plots

Never change.

Film is a visual medium, narrative is only one element so you are factualy wrong.
Fury Road, Sicario, Revenant, Kooyanisqatsi all have a bad/mediocre story, but because of all the quality of other elements they resulted in good/great movies.

Now when we talk about Arrival, the story is from a critically acclaimed work from Ted Chang, turned into a script by Eric Heisserer.

So explain what is dogshit in your opinion about that story?
"Dogshit" isn't an argument, just like I can say "IT IS AMAZING", not an argument.

Point out when the aliens nuked cities