Who is the true succesor to John Lennon?

Who is the true succesor to John Lennon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hp3qM7PwyrI
youtube.com/watch?v=8FQxmhfXAEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy Shit

don't racemix kids

No, stay inbred.

None of them since they're all talentless hacks

Before you call someone a "talentless hack" why not show off some of your music and see if your opinion as any merit.

before you ask people to show off their music ability as though it is a pre-requisite to critique, show us your publication where you become the arbiter who decides this.

>food critics must be able to cook to be able to critique
>movie critics bust be a director

but srsly, it does help if they are talking from a technical and artistic perspective, but its not mandatory.

Also on topic, probably Tame Impala is the true sucessor:

>makes pop music that is marketed as innovative and experimental when it isn't
>appeals to virtue signalling counter culture teens who subscribe to an image because its generally trendy
>fans typically refer to him by his first name and call him god

why the fuck did you post lennon's sons? they dont do shit

tame impala/kevin parker IS the true beatles/lennon succesor, no doubt

comes close for the 90s, but matt hollywood is more lennon-esque, pic related

this is a song he wrote/co wrote, its like a mash up of lennon's hey bulldog and george harrisons its all too much and only a northern song - very yellow submarine ish
youtube.com/watch?v=hp3qM7PwyrI

kevin parker is still the best and closest to the beatles we have today although there are a few other dozen bands that try

Beat me to it (no pun intended)

The one who beats his wife hardest.

anyone else think that when tame impala went completely eletronic they went off the map?

who are these fucking pussies
the only answer is
L I A M
L
I
A
M

youtube.com/watch?v=8FQxmhfXAEY

Julian Lennon to John Lennon is what Jason Bonham is to John Bonham, not necessarily bad musicians but because their fathers were so good they'll always be overshadowed.

Sean is a bit more obscure but he hasn't really hit hard on the charts cause of his timing in general.

Tame Impala is a great band but idk if they went in a good direction.

Liam sounds like the chilliest dude, I’d love to get shitfaced with him

Chillest*

Elliott Smith was like all four Beatles in one dude

lliam the chilliest dude

>tfw the Gallagher brothers will never have a reality show where they get on each other’s nerves britishly each episode
That would unironically be the greatest tv show and the only reality show worth watching

Right here.

finally someone who gets it.

still prefer kevin to matt though

Kevin Parker is the closest at least. His kids fucking suck.

Kanye is the only correct answer.

lolno

>makes pop music that is marketed as innovative and experimental when it isn't
Implying the Beatles weren't innovative nor experimental when they were both. This has been gone over in countless Sup Forums topics and the anti-Beatles guys are always proven wrong so I won't waste my time with this.
>appeals to virtue signalling counter culture teens who subscribe to an image because its generally trendy
Or maybe the Beatles appeal to the largest population of people because they are still the best selling music artists of all time based on measurable metrics? Pretty sure "virtue signalling teens" whatever that really means aren't the majority in the world.
>fans typically refer to him by his first name and call him god
This is true, but not limited to Beatles nor TI.

The anti-Beatles bandwagon continues to be one of the cringiest groups of "music fans" as they continue to both ignore objective moments in music history and objective aspects of the music itself.

Oh and one more thing, this is actually the right answer in terms of Kanye being the pretentious, offputting, yet still slightly misunderstood countercultural figure.

yep, just like john lennon, he delivered hit after hit

Norman Blake.

Kevin Parker is the most creative out of those three so I'd probably go for him.

Also on a sidenote Mac Demarco has said that Lennon plays a big influence on his music. In one interview he said that "Plastic Ono Band" was his favourite album of all time.

But to me, Lennon will always be one of a kind - comparing him to these newcomers will always be an exercise in futility.

>Lennon will always be one of a kind -
I love the guy and everything, but a middle class englishman who liked the blues and rock n roll isnt unique

No, but one with an ear for doing things like Dm G Dm Em7 A7 or Bb Fm Ddim Eb F G Eb Bb (the last one including shifting time signatures), probably not. Or one that liked blues, rock 'n' roll and Stockhausen.

>discrediting him simply because of his class and nationality rather than his music

Sounds like those sjws always going on about old white men

Also, wasn't he lower class?

Oh shit he played chords?

Agreed. Matt is modern day Lennon