Can someone please explain this kino?

Can someone please explain this kino?

Also, how did the hooker girl know it was Tom Cruise under the mask?

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0096.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how did the hooker girl know it was Tom Cruise under the mask?
everyone knew it was tom cruise under the mask, but he didnt know who anyone else was. until ziegler told him he was there of course, but the point is the orgy scene is a metaphor for the control systems the elite use to enslave everyone else

Guyz, does any one else think that Clark Kent dude looks a lot like Superman?

The film is a commentary on the social stratification of society, told through the lens of sexual infidelity, and the ways we willfully blind ourselves to the realities that occur behind closed doors.

What was the point of the Costume shop man pimping out his daughter and the prostitute girl having AIDS? Both those things went over my head.

The two-headed eagle and it's meaning when dealing with the highest level of Masonry. 33

It's cropped like this bc I use it on Steam sometimes but it's a sick scene in general.

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0096.html

it's about jealousy and fantasy but people fixate on the illuminati shit at the expense of everything else. they miss the forest for the trees. their eyes... are truly wide shut.

this is just my interpretation but both of those episodes are about what the whole story's about, which is reality interceding on fantasy, or in the case of the costume shop man, his fake moral posturing. cruise wants to fug the hooker to get back at his wife then finds out how close he came to getting pozzed up -- in his head their exchange would've only been about one thing, him, but in reality it was something different. costume shop man acts all shocked at his daughter's behavior but when he realizes he can profit off it, he accepts it.

did Kubrick die because of this?

I was keeping an eye out for moon landing secrets but I couldn't find any.

Apparently he was in good health before he died.

The AIDS part one of several dangers in the movie that Bill narrowly averts, connecting the risks associated with sexual misbehaviour.

Costume shop guy is an allusion to MK-ULTRA/Monarch mind control (to some people), but it can also be seen as just sex slavery/tourism that upper-middle-class people engage in.

You can sort of see how it fits if you look at it like poor people -> cheat on each other or see prostitutes, richer people -> sex tourism, super-rich ->drug orgies.

Friendly reminder that most of Kubrick films takes place in the same universe: Kubrickverse.

Part of the Kubrickverse
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut

And maybe:
Dr Strangelove.

he was a fat perfectionist with immense control issues, who did anything and everything a million times over and edited the film himself

the guy died from fucking stress

yes, each time cruise is tempted you can interpret it to be how different classes get their kicks. The positives and negatives of this are shown: aids/girl almost ODs at party/giving away your child/the cult

Christ, literally everyone on Sup Forums who ever talks about this movie completely misunderstands it and gets many plot points wrong.

Probably on their phones whilst watching the movie.

WRONG.

fair question

I think we have to come to the conclusion that she would have helped anyone that she could see snuck in (and then was just really unsurprised it was him)

or that she had a connection to the costume store owner, the pianist, or that she didn't pick him off the street by accident

I always thought the protagonist was actually being set up to join the club, with his friends already involved, he had the money, he got in despite his laughably poor effort to infiltrate the orginisation

but then they see he isn't interested in the sex and they call him out
and thus cannot be controlled in the same way the other elites can

Please enlighten us.

That's an interesting point about him being set up because why would they let him in in the first place if they were so careful about everything. It does seem kinda harsh to reject him though just because he didn't have sex in the first 5 minutes.

the film is not kino, it's trash.
People use the social commentary and use stretched out over analysis of it to make themselves seem smarter, it's easily kubricks worst film and the metaphors/commentary might have well been great if they weren't so fucking obvious.
6/10 wouldn't rewatch.

>it seems a bit harsh
thought the same thing myself

to the theory of him being set up, I think someone tells him afterwards how he was so obvious turning up in a taxi alone
I think security (which was abundant) would have known straight away, yet he was let in

he was a good looking guy, and he had medical skills that could have been of great use to the club (as seen in the christmas party), and he could be relied apon to be discreet

speculating further you could say the models he almost took home were a test of his fidelity; and if they were just coincidental you could still speculate that he was simply observed by the host (a club member)

The woman in the mask would have spoken to him the same way she would have spoken to anyone else.

You really think the moment he was allowed in, they managed to relay that information to the leader and then to the women in the mask right in the middle of the ritual?

They didn't know until they checked his coat pocket later on in the movie.