I found a way to fix the NBA

>Hard salary cap to 90M$
>Each team has to sign a superstar contract (50M$ for a player)
>The superstar contract won't contribute to the salary cap
>None superstar contracts are 15M$ max
>Draft contracts last 7 years
Parity restored

shut it down

Maybe you should focus on paying debts and leave this stuff to some people smarter than you

Uma delicia

Yup

/thread

praise your wisdom pepe

>superstar colludes with his superstar friends for them to take $15M contracts
>team suddenly has 5 superstars and 30M left to fill out the bench

Sounds awful tbqh. I don't want every team in the NBA fielding scrub ass players. Besides there still aren't enough true Superstars to go around and the Golden State front office still builds the best top to bottom depth roster. Your plan is ass Spaniard, but solid organization and management of riches isn't really your people's strong suit.

Why would someone be forced to get paid lots of money? What if I'm LeBron and won't to play for $1? Who are you to stop me?

>Implying lecuck is selfless
>Implying he doesn't take the max every time
>Implying he doesn't turn around and bitch about his team depth 3 months into the season.

nba is going to remain pozzed for the foreseeable future because it's now a "personal branding" league and the younger black american fanbase treat it more like a gossip substrate / soap opera for the personalities than a sport.

>being a communist\brainlet

Get rid of the cap first of all.

Make the playoffs a 16 seeded bracket

Easy fix.

Ways to fix the NBA
1. Remove the max salary
2. Flatten the lottery odds to discourage active tanking

Problem fucking solved.

Also, a hard cap of $90m? What year are you in? The current cap is $99m

A quarter of a billion dollars for Harding.

Reminded me to cancel my cable.

Over like half-a-decade. No idea why Americans always talk about salaries in terms of total contract amount, which is basically a meaningless number.

Taking a 35M pay cut a year is a fucking lot. In 3 years a player would lose more than 100M $

Leave the lottery odds but base them off the previous 3 or 4 years win pct. Lowest win pct gets most balls. I don't think most teams would dare tank four years straight.

And my Nike sponsorship is throwing a billion my way. So now that that's out of the way, what's to stop me?

>And my Nike sponsorship is throwing a billion my way
LeBron's net worth is 500M$ and he earns the most.If a player manages to get a supercontract for 10 years+endorsements they would be almost billionaires

Sure, that would work too. At the moment, there's too much incentive to become really bad as opposed to simply mediocre, so the odds need to be tweaked somehow.

What would that do?

That's the first idea of heard that I actually like

>Give players an even smaller slice of the revenue they generate
I expect this from a shit hole yuro nation

90M+50M is more than the current cap snownigger

add a height cap. Height is too important in the sport and there's no reason a team should have an average height more than the average male height in real life, 5'8

The draft system is what I hate most about american sports but with the college league structure I don't know what the alternatives would be aside from a complete restructure of American leagues

But every team (bar 3) ARE fielding scrub ass players praying for a number 1 pick and a free agent

Nah you are underestimating the t wolves, Celtics, sixers, thunder, and rockets. Grizzlies aren't bad either. Definitely the West teams have to hope a gs starter gets hurt in the post season but if it happens there are multiple teams poised to take em if things bounce right

The large contracts in the NBA are only considered "a problem" because the players are black.

Machado and Harper aare going to get $400 million contracts but you don't hear anyone complaining that baseball needs to be fixed.

Rewrite the rule book
Get rid of free agency
Make players play 2 years of college

It would allow teams to actually be able to compete with super teams.

Role players and bench level players are making max level contracts now which hurts these teams chances of competing because they're going over the cap for a a player that's not even putting up max all star player numbers. But their hands are tied because if they don't pay that player then they become worse and definitely stand no chance now, or they pay the player and the team runs out of money to get other players.

No cap allows these teams to spend as much as they want to keep a team together and also allows small market teams that nobody wants to play for to retain players. Also you would get less super teams when you have those random small market teams offering Super stars insane amounts of money just to stay there.

Also with the East being so weak and Lebron just cake walking through it, when you just make it a 16 true seeding bracket you avoid those clashes in the west where good teams are facing each other in the first round.

Fpbp

They should just implement rule saying that anyone who has ever finished in the top 3 for MVP voting has to sign a max contract as their next one, unless they are currently not an all-star. This prevents situations like 2017 Durant and 2010 Wade.

>salary cap
>not prefixed by 'no'

stopped reading.

this sounds a lot like an idea i posted a few days ago

people dont say nba players should have reduced salaries. what people say is that max contracts actually need to be abolished and players should be paid what they are worth

because since basketball is so dominated by single players, it isnt fair to have the great ones take smaller salaries and have the rest of the roster get filled out

FPBP

>underestimating

None of those teams have a fucking chance of toppling Cavs or Warriors over 7 games. There is no question about it, there is no doubt.

>remove conferences
>top 16 teams make playoffs
>all star game is still based off fan voting, top voted play in it, random teams
>teams that did not make the playoffs the following year can offer a 1 year more 20% more contract
>undo a lot of the defensive rule changes
>actually cut down on flopping
>make fines a flat percentage of a players salary, this includes flopping

or just kill this semen slurping sport either way im good

>Cavs
Ha they're done bro. Celtics take the east with Hayward this year. As for the others beating the warriors I said a major player like Durant or curry would have to be injured then it's possible. Still not probable.