Sup Forums's thoughts on La La Land?

Never seen you guys talk about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=0pdqf4P9MB8

There's literally no audience for this type of movie here, I mean, do you expect virgins of Sup Forums to talk about romantic musical?

I unironically enjoyed this movie

please support this film and the goose's career

>musical
into the trash it goes

They talked about it all the time for the last couple of months because this board is 90% reddit and loves oscarbait trash. Emma Stone is a nightmare

>90% reddit
ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!!

is there no place safe?

Great film to counter the imdb trash and crowd that he gained with whiplash

I'm incredibly excited; I thought Whiplash was great, and all the promotional material for this looks so tight. I love the idea of a golden-age musical revival, so I definitely hope it lives up to expectations.

I'm sure it's good but the praise reminds me of the Artist or Birdman. Do a film about the industry and critics trip over themselves to laud it

The vast majority of critics have no ties to the "industry" beyond getting screeners.

However the Academy is by default the industry and they love to stroke themselves off. Almost every Best Picture of the decade has been about people in media saving the day.

Probably because it doesn't get a wide release for another few weeks.

When first the trailer dropped there were a bunch of threads.

I just can't with a poster that's all reviews. It's repellent.

Nope. Fuck that.

I'll wait and pirate.

Kill yourself.

Yeah, I'm supposed to be drawn in by Emma Stone instead.

user get some taste.

Yeah, I can't wait to see it. But I don't think it's out here for another week.

I'm seeing it this weekend at the Cinerama Dome. Pretty excited desu. Not a big fan of musicals normally but I'll watch anything Gosling.

This. Critics are very often more reliable than the Academy, even if in terms of reviewing on a spectrum instead of voting on an arbitrary winner. Especially if it's a critic you trust.

>most boring episode of SVU wins 2015 Best Film
Classic example.

Only innawoods with no electricity
Soon.

>Silence
>La La Land
>The Handmaiden
>Moonlight
>Toni Erdmann
>Fences
>Arrival
>Paterson
Why did 2016 wait till December to get good

Fences is apparently awful though, feels like a direct adaptation of the play except on screen. Which doesn't surprise me since Washington directed it and he doesn't really have a voice.

>Fences is apparently awful though
Shit, I was hoping for a Tommy Lee Jones, a la SUNSET BOULEVARD, type of situation with that.

handmaiden has been online and in theaters for awhile

This is exactly what this movie sounds like stylistically as well though. Ingratiating style that is so over-the-top and in the audience`s face merely as a means of demonstrating the director`s talent so that he can cart home his oscars. It`s going to be hollow trash.