Is this album a Sup Forums meme? I really enjoy it after being recommended it by a friend...

Is this album a Sup Forums meme? I really enjoy it after being recommended it by a friend. Any similar albums besides feedbacker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBgC6AYONNs
youtube.com/watch?v=qIqVMLscn9k
youtube.com/watch?v=W-DI7OpGVyQ
celer.bandcamp.com/album/capri-expanded-and-remastered)
youtube.com/watch?v=mjnAE5go9dI
youtube.com/watch?v=bmnbEaZMBVw
youtube.com/watch?v=BQsaPVW3vxY
youtube.com/watch?v=skygudx8Rrs
youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=s9wq-34xyeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ehh not a massive fan of this one. Much prefer amplifier worship by them.

This will be totally different but has a similar vain:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBgC6AYONNs

Not bad at all, just got done listening to the whole thing.

nice. here is some pictures of when I saw boris live

Damn, I would seriously kill to see them live. I doubt they play Flood live anymore, but I'd love to see Akuma No Uta live, if Boris still plays that album.

not really in the same genre as the previous two albums listed, but check this out you may enjoy it if you haven't already listened to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=qIqVMLscn9k

I actually saw them live twice, once in NYC where they played PINK in full, and then once recently in chicago.

Regarding the link you posted...unfortunately stars of the lid are completely second rate. Let me help you out

youtube.com/watch?v=W-DI7OpGVyQ

(full album here: celer.bandcamp.com/album/capri-expanded-and-remastered)

youtube.com/watch?v=mjnAE5go9dI

youtube.com/watch?v=bmnbEaZMBVw

(full album also on the bandcamp)

youtube.com/watch?v=BQsaPVW3vxY (slightly more involved)

Listening to those links now.

Also, why do you think SoTL are second rate? Curious why you think that.

RIP Danielle

is weird. With something as seemingly "simple" as drone/ambient music you would think it is easy to articulate. Perhaps it is because they have a postrock/classical approach to their music, which is not what I am looking for when I listen to drone

youtube.com/watch?v=skygudx8Rrs

Flood Part II is fucking stunning

Yes. It's simple, yet incredible. The build up is just perfectly done.
I feel that there should be more music like this, with this natural/lazy/sad feeling. Nothing that was posted so far is like it.

They were obviously inspired by Maggot Brain.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao

I found this at my local record store and I was sad when I found out it had been released nearly half a year ago. I missed out.

They were inspires by a lot of things. The most obvious being youtube.com/watch?v=s9wq-34xyeE

AW is still my favourite Boris album

Flood is by far the best Boris album and also the best post rock album.

It's just inside my top 20 all time and is a top 3 rock album as well

My favourite Boris album and definitely in my top 5 albums overall. I wish there was more post-rock like this, generally I don’t find it very conpelling, aside from a few artists.

I saw Boris in november and it waa easily the best show I've been to. It was also easily the loudest show that I've been to, my stomach was vibrating from the bass. Visually they were stunning, almost always obscured by varing amounts of fog with lights behind them. If you have the chance, see Boris live

I've embarked on a quest to find anything like this, and shiiiit, Flood it's just too unique.

Haven't found anything remotely as good or interesting.

>tfw seeing them again next year

I'm really hoping they come back to Australia next year after their UK tour. Saw them play Pink back in May and it was so fucking good.

No doubt I will see them again if they come back through

Check out their album "Dronevil," it's similar in tone and composition. Long, ominous guitar textures and a grim atmosphere.