Which Wes Anderson film is the best one

Which Wes Anderson film is the best one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFT5pFttZTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rushmore is without a doubt his best movie. Also one of the best, if not the best, coming of age film.

The Royal Tenenbaums is his 2nd best film.

Darjeen Limited

>RT
OP said best not worst

I have a soft spot for A Lift Aquatic.

"She's a bit of a sucker maker, but Cubby's got some moves. If she wasn't a bulldyke, I may just have a thing for her."

Correct, nice taste

royal tenembaums
runner-up: rushmore

which is the best one for normies?

Fantasic mr fox

The Grand Budapest Hotel. Its when Wes goes full on parody of his own style.

the H&M Christmas ad with Adrian Brody

Bottle rocket

/thread

Life Aquatic > Grand Budapest > Rushmore > Royal Tenenbaums > Mr. Fox > Moonrise > Darjeeling >Bottle Rocket

>Darjeen Limited
Stop posting pajeet

>enjoying the films of Wes Anderson

Rushmore is his best movie subject-wise
Grand Budapest Hotel is his best work style-wise

Forgot to mention Fantastic Mr.Fox as a special gem

Oh, and if you want an unpopular opinion, Life Aquatic is his weakest full-length work

the faggy one

I really don't get the love for Rushmore. It's my least favorite of his. It's an hour and a half of kids being precocious and doing deadpan humor. Max is the worst of all and he's the main character. At least in Moonrise Kingdom it was nice to look at and had more adult actors.

Grand Budapest Hotel. Even my grandparents liked that movie.

Tenenbaums

Because it's the one where deadpan humour, quirks and all the things that would later be considered "Wes Anderson style" all add up to the substance of the movie and not just compliment it or used for the sake of it.

>Perfect Tier
A Life Aquatic, Grand Budapest
>Great tier
Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr Fox
>Good tier
Moonrise Kingdom, Royal Tenenbaums,
>Just okay tier
Bottle Rocket, Rushmore

Rushmore, easily.

Loved the credits part of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFT5pFttZTw

Always nice when a film leaves you with that warm and fuzzy feeling at the end.

Hard to say, but I have two brothers along with a dead father, so Darjeeling will always have a special place.

Totally phoned in.

Moonrise Kingdom > Hunt for the Wilderpeople > The Royal Tenenbaums

I miss this meme

>enjoying films

Le Quirky European Hotel

Life Aquatic is the best, it's one of the few movies that's really funny and also really emotional.

kek

>tfw Im the youngest of three brothers and we all live in separate continents
blubbed like a baby watching it desu

Yep, that's the correct answer, although I think Moonrise Kingdom is his second best.

easily Anderson's worst movie tho

In what aspect? It's easily his funniest, it's got an incredible pace to it where it feels like they are always moving on to the next thing, the art style is at least equivalent to anything else he's filmed, the acting is just as good as anything else, and the whole "dealing with grief" theme going on was hit out of the park.

Bottle rocket is GOAT

Life aquatic stinks

Fight me.

I watched Bottle Rocket and thought it was awful with the only funny part being the scene where they asked for larger bags when robbing a place

post address fgt

the quirky one.

you know the one...

>funny

the movie doesn't have to be laugh out loud, it has a comfy realistic atmosphere that carries the movie

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

my name is Barrron trump fuck wit me pussy

For me, Fantastic Mr Fox and Moonrise Kingdom are his best. Never really got the praise for Grand Budapest Hotel, but Ralph Fiennes was brilliant in that. Rushmore is probably my third favorite movie of his.

None of his movies are awful or bad, I've at least enjoyed a few aspects of his weaker works

darjeeling limited was bloated and dull

Yeah, when I first saw Bottle Rocket I pretty much hated the movie, but when I watched it again it has some nice, dry humor and wit to it that you didn't really see in 90s independent movies. That and Do love road trip movies.

For some reason they'd show it on Spike as part of a stoner movie marathon

Baron Trump would post on Sup Forums so I can't tell if you're joking or not

All of them are at least 8/10

My favourite one is the Royal Tenenbaums

Moonrise Kingdom > Grand Budapest > Darjeeling Limited > Fantastic Mr. Fox > Royal Tenenbaums > Life Aquatic > Rushmore > Bottle Rocket

fite me

ofcourse he's joking, Barron won't live at that address until the summer

That was basically my experience, I first saw it and thought it was decent but didn't blow me away.

Then I watched it again and you could see how well put together it is and how the performances and writing felt real and perfect for the story it was telling

>tfw I was about to go there and probably would've had to beat up Sasha just for the confusion
thanks user

I love all of his movies so I can't fite you but it seems like wes anderson would order his favorites this way

I think Moonrise Kingdom is, far and away, his best. I'd be hard-pressed to rate them after that.

I would say the worst are:

>bottle rocket
>Darjeeling

The rest of his films are all on the same level.

I personally love Rushmore the most, but only because Life Aquatic and Tenenbaums are so damn sad.

Grand Budapest

I think moonrise kingdom is his best, it reminds me of the young love I never had, and has the best atmosphere.

Fantastic mr fox is an underrated choice

Darjeeling isnt a great film but I think its his strongest work visually. He embraced the Indian colour palette in the best way and chose accenting props and set pieces that took the best of colonial and near-post-colonial architecture

The Royal Tenenbaums. Jason Schwartzman is annoying to me, though, so I'm biased.

The scene of the brothers getting their dead dads car is objectively great.

My favorite is Life Aquatic.
His best is Tenenbaums.

Favorite is Life Aquatic because I'm drawn to midlife crisis movies

That scene in the airport before they change their mind is the best though.

Rushmore was the worst. Dropped it halfway

Glad some people know.

Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom.

They're both in the realm of parodies of Wes Anderson flicks. I love his work but any other director would be shunned for sticking to a formula for so long...kinda like Burton.

If you think Life Aquatic is bad, let alone his worst movie, you're probably a retard.

Moonrise Kingdom is my favorite movie of all time and I disagree with you.

What do you think his formula is?