Let's Face the Facts

Admit it, this is a solid motion picture

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TheeCurrentYear/status/805106261964496896
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dark Knight trilogy is pretty good desu. Not great, but good. I'd watch the first one again

i agree that it is a motion picture

As good as Dark Knight. Maybe even better.

Solid character arcs for Bruce, Selina, Blake and Gordon

Plot that is epic in scope while remaining concise and comprehensible. Story beats that have gone onto influence the past 4 years of blockbusters.

Imposing Antagonist and engaging set pieces

Special effects so good you can't tell when they're practical or CGI

It's got a pretty decent score.

its fantastic as a flick, terrible as a movie, shit as a film, but transcendent as a kino.

twitter.com/TheeCurrentYear/status/805106261964496896

trump agrees

Why'd you have to bring politics into this thing, man?

Capeshit is so fucking empty and soulless pure marketing there hasn't been a good comic book film since batman 89

it's good and magnificent to behold on a big screen

but it loses a lot on home video where it can't be carried by its sheer spectacle

I find that an interesting opinion. I'm a fan of Batman '89 for it's pure, near unadulterated comic bookiness. That being said, I think the Nolan films have some of the most provocative themes in all of cinema

The Nolan films are shallow and obvious crap for babies, utter boring shit

TDKR was a disappointment. It was such an awful experience that people got shot during it's viewing.

Compared to the Dark Knight, it's shit. Compared to the Burton films it's shit. Compared to the animated series, it's shit. It's not a good movie and it's an awful Batman story.

People forget this fucking thing took 4 years to make, and this is the best they could come up with. Hell, the TDK sequel ideas I saw online were better than what this thing turned out to be.

The worst thing about it is that it's a boring snooze fest. The action sucks, the fights suck, and it's slow, meandering plot gets worse on repeat viewings. It has no rewatch value.

The best thing about are the memes. The Bane and CIA memes are like fine that get better with age. The other day, some user made that spaceman/moon landing Bane photoshop with the astronaught microphone voice and I still cracked up. It's still fresh.

The actual movie? Garbage. It was hyped up bullshit. It was promoted as some epic conclusion and it ended up being nothing. It wasn't even a nice resolution, they would have been better off dig it at Dark Knight after Ledger died.

I know the prologue sequence is the most memed to death scene in all of television and film but this is unironically my favorite Batman movie since 89.

It's a big film

First scene > anything ever created

Absolutely dreadful, in every metric. Nonsensical, sloppy, dour, lifeless. Snyder and Affleck have already surpassed Nolan.

>> 77030749

You think suckatit, murderous Batman is better than Nolan's version, who builds himself up to be a worthy protector of a city gone to hell? I mean, whatever floats your boat dude.

I totally get that Nolan likes to push "subtext" to the forefront, but they are never the less interesting. And his action direction has only improved since the first two films

It's a better conclusion than the Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, The Godfather, Jaws, Star Trek, Friday the 13th, Lord of the Rings, the Superman films and the Original Batman franchises

>dour
>surpassed
>snyder and affleck doing better than nolan
>metric
>rewatch value
>meandering
>snooze fest
>absolutely
>lifeless
jesus stfu u captious pseudo-aesthete twats

how the fuck did they do the flying bat thing? looked real as fuck

U U U U
U
U
U

Agreed.

holy shit this movie is hot garbage

I liked it. I don't let memes influence my opinion.

Nolan actually developed a new type of flying technology and then destroyed it.

movie is trash

the cop battle scene is one of the worst things I've seen in a movie