Why was this so fookin good?

Why was this so fookin good?

Blomkampf took all the halo money and spent it on his joeberg movie

basically couldn't fail

because it was character driven and not action driven. watching fookin pawn's descent into a fookin prawn was great and incredibly interesting and grotesque, reminded me of the fly.
fantastic CGI too, probably the most realistic i've seen aside frmo davy jones in PotC 2.

Overrated General?

WATCH IT CHRISTOPHER

DEWD APARTHEID LMAO

because it had amazing set designs, great cgi, an original story. good acting, great actions scenes for the explosions audience and romantic drama for the rest.

also the alien guns were cool.

these

absolutely fantastic film, gotta love Sharlto Copley

He was also brilliant in Hardcore Henry (incidentally, also Kino)

Wikus

the premise alone makes it a cut above every thing else alone

an alien ship shows up...except it's not a threat and the aliens within are the low caste worker bee class that aren't a threat either

fucking Hollywood should experiment with shit more often it clearly pays off

I didn't not FOOK one of those creatures man

Plus that electric buzz sound. You know the one I mean.

Every time he eats the cat food I piss myself laughing.

It was good till the end. The end where he betrays Christopher was fucking stupid.

CUT SOME CAKE

What was wrong with that?

He was desperate and just received even more devastating news.

Because there was no way he could have figured out how to use their technology on his own. Did he think he could just rummage around on the ship pressing buttons until he found the "extract alien dna" button?

He was desperate famalam

I wonna tolk to muh wife

At the time his only other option was turn into a prawn, desperation makes people do crazy things. At least he sort of got the ship flying.

Christopher said he was going to get a cure. Just that it would take 3 years. Not an ideal situation obviously, but Wikus going to the ship on his own wouldn't solve anything except possibly meaning you would never get a cure.

EY DICKUS

You make a good point, and it is sad that the desperate don't think like that

He was just going apeshit

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ARM

That's true. It also just upset me to see Wikus go back on the character development he made.

much like the original star wars, it had the incredible luck of having a collaboration of talented people within their own departments. set designers, special effects team, actors (not to mention a solid script), etc. all working at the top of their game. blomkamp caught lightning in a bottle and has been trying to recreate it ever since.

I'm surprised there wasn't an outcry for depicting the Nigerians as such savages.

Because they finally made a movie about my fetish

There was in Nigeria, funny thing is when I was there EVERYBODY loved the movie regardless and were even proud of their depiction. They saw it less as villains and more like being shown as a bunch of badass and powerful thugs.

Nigerian gov gets butthurt and bans it after a few weeks of it being shown in cinemas.

Alien Nation was better

Was the guy who worked with Wikus who uncovered the MNU files Nigerian as well? Cause he was cool.

Based Nigerians.

I'm going to reply to all their e-mails from now on.

I think this movie was a total fluke, but it paid off so well

>Is that teargas you're throwing?
>No its cat food, they fookin love cat food

>"Yew want to talk with the hailicopter or yew want to talk to me?"

Am I the only one who liked Chappie? I mean, Elysium was absolute horseshit outside of visuals so maybe that lowered my expectations, but I really enjoyed it. Copley was great and Die Antwoord weren't too insufferable.

DAWGIE STAYL

I hated it

It was like a high budget movie pretending to be low budget with awful acting

this

Is this a sci-fi kino thread?