/who/ - Doctor Who General

You let the other thread die wtf is wrong with you edition

Gone far to soon:

Other urls found in this thread:

cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/russell-t-davies-regrets-ending-the-sarah-jane-adventures
youtube.com/watch?v=abM-AprrbXk
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Newfag
twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/806840622623637505
twitter.com/AnonBabble

g-guys?
Are you there ;_;

I'm here

I can't bump this by myself right?

How you doin?

/who/ is shit now
the good users have all left
its just shitposting and b8s now
just let it die
bye m8

And the BBC ruined Capaldi's Doctor for allegedly being too dark in series 8. Fuck them.

Yeah, stupid fuckers made series 9 such a light hearted romp.....

NOT ON MY WATCH

Shhh...../who/ is sleeping

There's a cooldown timer for self-bumps. Not sure the explicit cause but there is a certain condition from which you're allowed to self-bump

Not sure if it's just an amount of time, a number of posts, reaching a certain page or what

"Nu who is not as popular as it used to be, declining ratings have made the BBC demand major changes come 2018. The last Xmas special to get big ratings and have a primetime slot on Christmas day was Tennant's last one ' the end of time ' over 10 million people watched that. Since Moffat took over, Xmas specials are lucky to get 6 million. So glad when he's leaving. Chibnall hopefully will bring it back to its glory days."

Above: a comment on a well known social media site. Jeez, plebs hate this show right now.

> posts the one story that season when Capaldi wasn't written like Matt Smith.

cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/russell-t-davies-regrets-ending-the-sarah-jane-adventures

Would this have worked with anyone? Clyde and Rani were all right, but retooling the show to just being about them would have felt really awkward.

I wonder if the BBC tried to give Class to RTD instead of P. Ness. Would've probably been a lot better

I've only seen like 3 seasons of Who, but I think Eccleston is the best one. Is anyone as good or better than him? If not i dont see why I should keep watching

fuck off chris or I'll make you do some math

what?

Go back to your son's birthday party, Chris.

i'm asking a legitimate question. I liked eccleston. I think Tennant is alright but hes kinda bland sometimes, and ive heard bad things about smith.
Is capaldi as good as Eccleston?

Better

Capaldman = Eccles >Matty >Teethant

Never understood the fan worship of Tennant.

His pearly whites are mesmerizing?

>but retooling the show to just being about them would have felt really awkward.

It was too soon after Lis Sladen's death, and how could the complete absence of a lead teen character's mother have been sensitively explained?

Oh yes

>Chibnall hopefully will bring it back to its glory days.

WTF? Has the pleb seen any of Chinball's nuWHo contributions so far?

But confess am a Brian fan.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is underrated as fark

If you say so user. Glad you enjoyed it.

Tell me exactly why /who/ loves Capaldi so much?

>the one story that season when Capaldi wasn't written like Matt Smith

Twelve in series 9 was nothing like Eleven.

youtube.com/watch?v=abM-AprrbXk

you were memed on user
Capaldi is in a similar vein to eccleston, you'll probably like him

I would say it's accurately rated

Matt could not have pulled off the zygon speech

/who loves all the Doctors, and we all have our favorites.

> Stopped the "Doctor is young" trend dead in its tracks before it became permanent
> Stopped the "Doctor is a cartoon character" trend dead in its tracks before it became permanent
> Best actor to ever play the character (followed by Eccleston)
> Has one of the single best episodes of all time

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

This is also true. There is something to appreciate from every actor to play The Doctor.

The thing with Capaldi is that he is a radical departure from the performances and demeanors of Tennant and Smith who seemed cut from the same cloth. Capaldi is refreshing. What's more, where Eccleston played The Doctor as if it were a one and done movie role as his career continues, where Tennant and Smith made their names playing The Doctor, Capaldi instead brings his decades of acting experience to the role and it shows.

I thoroughly enjoyed memeing on that user. It's not often you get to bust out some /who/ memes. Not only did I baffle a newcomer but I like to think my post was amusing to those of us in the know, so to speak.

I don't understand the 'son's birthday party' bit though, what did I miss there?

>> Stopped the "Doctor is a cartoon character" trend dead in its tracks before it became permanent
ummmm, I like capaldi too but are you SURE about that lol

He lightened up in S9 but I don't think he's anywhere near the zany character that Tennant or Smith portrayed The Doctor as.

That idiot somehow got my thread dead yesterday, I'm still pissed off

Also we go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

evidently not if threads die and class is cancelled

Smith was zany on steroids.

forgot gif

Is Class officially cancelled?

I quite liked it, tobeaitch.

Yeah, did Class got cancelled? I really enjoyed too

The viewing figures are so shit I fail to see how they could justify funding a second series
unless TV broadcasts in the US and UK next year somehow miraculously save it despite it being online months prior

Yeah, I like Capaldi too. Not sure if he's my favorite (yet), but he's def near the top of list.

The last thread had "cuck" in the OP. I ignored it out of principle.

first week on Sup Forums?

No, but /who/ survives in off-season by being its own thing. If I wanted alt-lite threads then I'd browse the rest of Sup Forums.

Are the viewing figures out yet? (Googled, can't find anything).

Well, I agree with that. He still has more than enough wacky le cartoon man features though, like the sunglasses, the tank, the guitar. He even had his spoon fight in S8, where he was a more serious character.

Hope he plays the guitar in s10.

How do you go from this?

I'm sure he will

To this?

Pearl seems very nice and is very attractive and will probably be a great companion. She retweets some shit though.

So what was a Doctor Who story that actually scared the shit out of you and made you want to hide behind a sofa?

>She retweets some shit though
don't you start again

I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for farting. I prefer golliwog hair Pearl though.

BANE????

The Malus in The Awakening scared the crap out of me, as did the bit in Fenric where the soldiers get locked in the tunnel. Borusa's fate in The Five Doctors too. As for NuWho, the "ghosting" in the library episodes gave me chills.

Dr Who, I'm Bill.

>tfw never been scared by doctor who
I started watching too late and now I'll never know what it's like ;_;

A newfag:

>Using the names of Classic Doctors as a form of obscure trivia
>Asking when they're going to set a story on Gallifrey
>Thinking the Doctor gets younger with each regeneration
>Thinking Daleks are robots
>Not giving the chap with the wings five rounds rapid
>Thinking Rose is best girl
>Claiming the Doctor's true name is Theta Sigma
>Calling the Doctor "Doctor Who"
>Saying Tennant is the greatest Doctor because he's the sexiest
>Not being able to name a classic companion who isn't Sarah Jane
>Being legitimately worried that Peter Capaldi will swear as the Doctor
>Calling Colin the worst Doctor
>Not knowing Davros's true name
>Trick question you piece of shit, his true name is Davros, I see you reaching for google
>Asking why all the aliens have British accent

I think this list is correct, anyone has something to say?

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Newfag

>hasn't realised all of cats' memes are shit yet

>incredibly high speed
>not incredibly hihg speed

you fucking blew it user

I find this is more common in older fans.

>Not knowing Davros's true name
>Trick question you piece of shit, his true name is Davros, I see you reaching for google
I'll give you this user, you legit had me wondering if Big Finish had written in a different name for him or something there.

Also:
Capaldi confirmed for newfag then?

>talking to himself again wew

calling the Doctor "Doctor Who" is an oldfag thing since that's how he was first credited

FUCKING MOFFAT
THE DOCTOR NEVER HOLDS A GUN
DOESN'T HE EVEN WATCH THE SHOW
DOCTOR WHO IS RUINED

A newfag:

>makes lists of things that they think newfags do in a vain attempt to look like an oldfag

>implying that a newfag did a list of newfag informations in /who/ wikia in chance to say he's an oldfag and assumes to say that a newfag just posted this list in user ironically way
>Implying that's me

I can't be bothered trying to decipher what you are trying to say. You type like a paki.

Fuck, I need to get back into this but FUCK is it hard now.

I don't know if its true or not, but the tone during Eccleston and Tennant (and even Smith) seemed a lot different to what I briefly saw of Capaldi.

Does it keep the same feel/quality in Capaldi's seasons or should I just not bother and just go rewatch the first 7 series?

It's the exact same show as it was with Smith just with a different lead.

>tfw Bannakaffalatta could have saved them all before everyone rush to the engine room and let Mr. Van Hoff die

Naw, 11 was still mournful of the Time Lords, while 12 is of the "fuck 'em, they were little shits" mentality. No longer being the last of his kind has changed his god complex by quite a bit, and his sympathies now lie with the few than with the many.

Yup, same show, different lead.

I can't believe I'm actually hyped for Nardole now

when DWM has a better title than the episode

I still can't fathom why this unfunny, talentless twat is in Dr Who. Stunt casting at its worst.

Who the hell even remembers Little Britain?

>"Let the children of Gallifrey burn once more Doctor, no more peace, no more.
Let them pay the price of your suffering, do it, now."

Reminder that Nardole is not Nardole but Missy in disguise.

Sadly I do but only because of how shit it was.

twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/806840622623637505

mysterio is better and funnier

...I prefer the Nardole polybag

>actually arguing with himself as he has nothing else to do for the rest of his short life

Nardhole will be good fun to take this piss out of.

Get out. OUT.

Any show with Tom Baker as narrator is goat. GOAT.

I'm not going anywhere m8. Little Britain was unfunny shite. End of discussion.