Repo Man

Not entirely sure what the fuck I just watched, but I think I enjoyed it. Funny in a bizarre sort of way, plus it has some dope nighttime city shit.

What does Sup Forums think of Repo Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WMfI1AVAF_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that tag paragraph

Fuck people in the 80s were savages.

UNITED FRUITCAKE OUTLET
N
I
T
E
D

F
R
U
I
T
C
A
K
E

O
U
T
L
E
T

It's punkkino.

Repo Man rules. It definitely rewards repeat viewings.

fucking classic

too bad the director would never again go on to make anything even remotely competent, and now is just a shitty professor in Colorado

Fucking kek

I got the same feeling from this movie as I did Army Of Darkness my first time watching. I'm sure there is an overarching plot, but it really just feels like this bizarre series of episodes.

I dunno if that makes sense.

I just bought his book for like $2. He seems like a chill fella.

As a wannabe filmmaker myself I find that shit fascinating.

john wayne was a fag

LIKE HELL HE WAS

LET'S

GO

Some of the best nightime shots of any movie. This is what Paul Thomas Anderson said about it:
>"I’m always trying to get night exteriors to look the way Robby Müller shot them," Anderson said. "I can never do it. I never know how he did it. It doesn’t look like there’s any lights on, it looks like how it really looks and back then — there’s gotta be a million lights on… As long as I keep [making films], I’ll try and get night exteriors to look like Müller."

DO

>that cover
how does Criterion do it

Fuckin' A. I mean that wasn't how I'd thought of it but yeah the whole thing had a really realistic vibe to it. I mean, despite the aliens and exploding green shit of course.

Plus it was some comfy citycore.

SOME

CRIMES

(sorry, ran out of images)

What the fuck was with that line anyway

Refn likes it youtu.be/WMfI1AVAF_8

that bluray rules. I got hooked on it a couple of years ago and watched it, no kidding, like 50 times in a month. anything else I tried to watch that month just seemed like weak shit with no edge

You can really see the influence in Inherent Vice

yeah let's go... eat sushi and not pay

where's he a professor?

Robby Muller then shot "To Live and Die in LA", if you watch it after familiarizing yourself with Repo Man you can really see his style come through

That's up next on my list, then.

They hire great artists.