It's another "Hollywood thinks that this is an action movie when it's not" episode

>it's another "Hollywood thinks that this is an action movie when it's not" episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oM2IkMM_LbU&user=UCLfrRhZ4yzgcKNQOiD-tbMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

then what was it?

its another "user thinks his cartoons have artistic merit to them" episode

This is the only shot where she look cute

What whent wrong with ScarJo?

>its another ugly ass shitty (((((((actress)))))))) gets shoved down my throat episode
Scarjo is terrible. Like Jlaw.

they do fuck you

high school slice of life

I won't take you seriously unless you express yourself through a Linkin Park AMV.

She's not actually that pretty, she just has god tier makeup artists. I don't think she looks all that amazing in OP's pic, though.

>being that threatened by an actual talented entertainer
I bet you hate Brad Pitt too

But the show has action does it not?

>threatened
No and i like brad pitt. You're fucked on the head if you think scarjo's or jlaw's acting is entertaining or talented, their looks certainly arent you fucking jew

Genius, this is why makeup has existed for centuries. It's not like you've just stumbled upon some conspiracy.

wow you showed me.
I have never experienced an anime that had any sort of subtlety. is is because they just arent capable of reflecting anything resembling human emotion without character screaming how they feel? or is it becuase its fanbase or more interested in juvenile escapism than telling a good story?

either way its shit and you should grow the fuck up mate.

That's not what I'm saying, you twat. Most women go from about 5/10 to 7/10 with makeup, but ScarJo usually goes from 5/10 to 9/10. Her age is catching up with her though, you can tell even in OP's image.

She's beautiful both with and without makeup really

Not to me

you lose.

Post your top 10

1. Stalker
2. Red Desert
3. A Woman Under The Influence
4. Persona
5. Under the Skin
6. 12 Angry Men
7. News From Home
8. Synedoche, New York
9. Network
10. The Innocents

i feel angry about this movie but i feel confused finding out that oshii the director of the 1995 GITS film is looking forward to this film... ill give it a watch anyways because im that faggot that wants to give something a chance.

stick to cartoons, kid

stick to babby's first arthouse directors, kid

Not even with your dick
She's a horse

James Cameron said Terminator Genysis would be great.

there has never been and never will be anime that can come close to expressing emotion that even the most basic arthouse can. you still havent answered my question on why anime completely fails at subtlety. but yes lets switch to insults if that makes you feel better.

i'm not the same guy you were talking to, i just couldn't let that top 10 list go by without a reaction

though i should say that Under the Skin, Red Desert, and News From Home are hot picks, even if i prefer La Notte from Antonioni

as far as animation goes you should probably try watching Mamoru Oshii's work, based on your favorites. particularly Angel's Egg and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

>They didn't make a movie version of the far superior SAC

1. SAC is not superior
2. they're doing the Laughing Man plot but using visuals from the first movie

>it's another "silly weeb thinks he'll get a serious, faithful big budget hollywood adaptation of his little chinese girl cartoon" episode

thanks for actually answering my question. confrontation is the only way to get results out of this place. will look into your recs.

im actually waiting for the next criterion sale to grab la notte. the torrents floating have been underwhelming in quality

It's time.

Not the guys you were talking to but are you the same guy in every thread? Like I come to Sup Forums every now and then just to see if there are more GITS threads and I always see you and I can't tell if its bait. I mean I know this board is pretentious as fuck but can you honestly not see how childish it is to just seek out people talking about anime and then scream at them about how anime is just a cartoon? Do you have some form of autism? Who hurt you?

>People actually thought the american live-action version of an anime was going to be a faithful adaptation.
>OP will see it regardless

Lmao you have found the korinefag
he made this thread
he is an autist and pretentious and in every thread

And then he'll get mocked on Sup Forums so he'll run off to Sup Forums for support, gets mocked as well and the cycle continues.

looks better on the left

Just watched the anime and it was, surprise surprise, shit.

I have no idea why people are treating a hollywood version like it's betraying something classic.

Insightful criticism. Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

Do you?

awwww the weeb is upset

You're out of your depth capebaby.

way cuter on the left.

>but the mangaka would write essays about how cool and deep his world is!
>yeah yeah and he would totally not be drawing erotic images of major because it's schlock no he did it ironically because it's just a shell!
>totally deep plot i bet you don't even know what the singularity is!

Naw lad, fuck off please. Your mediocre cartoon was based on a shit tier manga that is completely and utterly derivative of the actual great works in the genre. Please read books. You're seriously embarrassing yourself here. Go have some maruchan ramen and pretend you're a jap again you insecure weeb fuck.

The lazy eye really stands out on the left picture

Nobody cares about the manga, it's not held in the same regard. Do you have a point? Any point at all, capeshitter?

i don't think anyone's ever claimed Ghost in the Shell's source material to be any kind of masterpiece, let alone a quality work at all. Mamoru Oshii's film is what earned it any reputation whatsoever.

>Your ghost in yours

This has the opposite mindset of all the Gits stories.
It'll undoubtedly be generic hollywood shit.

t. cinematic illiterate. You have no understanding this visual medium.

go FUCK yourself WEEABOO

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b--b-b-b-b-b-b-but the manga was known to suck!
>that's fine!
>the mediocre cartoon is what's important here!

nice porky pig impression you weeb fuck, but no. You can't have it both ways. You don't want a shitty hollywood shit show but you freely admit the manga is shit? goddamn you're stupid. seriously how absurdly simple minded are you?

>I can ignore the source material being shit because the cartoon was slightly less shit but I can't ignore a hollywood movie being shit because the shitty cartoon it was based on exists!

Sad.

>two soulless images that mean nothing

okay, and?

A futuristic cityscape, according to auteur Rupert Sanders.

The (less-known) ones I've seen that were fucking kino:
>Mind Game
>Tekkonkinkreet
>Redline
>The Tatami Galaxy

Everyone here should have seen those ones before they start ranting about how anime is degenerate and not actual cinema.

And you have 0 understanding of film visuals and cinematography. You probably thought Christ symbolism in BvS was smart.

is this edited? she actually looks half-chinese or something. why didn't they just get an asian actress if they're going for the chinky look

Oh wow she's invisible and flipping him. Yeah I can see the great visual design here.

It's just a mediocre cartoon you fucking imbecile. There is nothing important or interesting going on here. It seems like you watched stand alone complex on cartoon network, got really impressed because you're an idiot, and now are acting butthurt because the shitty hollywood version of a bad cartoon isn't blowing your under developed childlike mind. Grow up, read a book, get a clue.

Like I said, you have no understand of film as a visual medium. It's more and more clear with every post. Stick to capeshit.

What are your favorite films?

nah senpai it was me. i wanted to get a rise in people and get decent recommendations through argument.

From a previous thread discussing the exact same image:

The lower pic has better lighting and composition, you can see Motoko's silhouette and the city even from the thumbnail. And despite being hand drawn, it looks more natural and realistic.

The upper pic's brightest part is Scar Jew's lower body, but the background is also very detailed, so what exactly is the focal point again? There are also random stuff scattered around the room, they contribute absolutely nothing artistically.

The original's lighting and aesthetic creates a poignant feel. The new one doesn't do that, it looks like a generic TV show, it's visually incompetent.

is another sequence ripped from the original movie, but they somehow visually fucked it up.

Most anime are shit. But Oshii's are fucking kino.

How can you hate the CGI? This is the comfiest cyberpunk since Blade Runner.

That's a big city.

FOR YOU

>go on weeb site
>get mad at weebs
shiggy diggy

This is more embarrassing than the copypasta

GitS is post-cyberpunk.

Plz no bully

he's probably looking forward to it sucking ass so they'll ask him next time. Avalon was godly

>Oshii's a visual master, prioritizes atmosphere in all his movies
>Ghost in the Shell is what gave him international acclaim
>GitS 2017 looks mediocre at best.

>"I'm sure this will be the most gorgeous film in the series so far."

There is no way he truly meant that. Maybe he's trying to lie as obviously as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=oM2IkMM_LbU&user=UCLfrRhZ4yzgcKNQOiD-tbMg

Will there ever be another Mamoru Oshii+Kenji Kawai kino? inb4 assault girls and garm wars suck