I wish Trump lost so we wouldn't have as much virtue signaling music in 2017 like pic related

I wish Trump lost so we wouldn't have as much virtue signaling music in 2017 like pic related

I was just thinking this the other day. Nice numbers.

You wouldn't be here if he lost

>virtue signaling

What is that some kind of meemee? Haha. long boy

Its when you tell others to be better or point out how shitty something is only to make yourself seem holier than thou

>Virtue signaling
Nice meme word, soyboy

>2004
>protest music was actually good
>2017
>protest music is basically the """artist""" venting with little musical substance
What went wrong?

Pure Comedy is good though

Half the album is him criticizing himself tho...

>Pure Comedy is good though
now thats Pure Comedy™

Acting like a faggot, and then calling yourself a faggot, and then being right about calling yourself a faggot, doesn't make you less of a faggot

That's not an sequel comparison but OK dude

it's clear you people have probably read less than 70 books in your life (including the picture books from when you were a kid) because you take everything at face value and don't bother reading into what you hear. sometimes I wonder if music truly is a low art form or if it's just music fans who are the problem.

That's true, you can only truly appreciate the mindset FJM was in to write Pure Comedy after reading half of Infinite Jest and topping it off with a cursory glance at the sparknotes

t. just finished reading 1984

Guess how we can tell you dont read either?

why did you pick 70 books as your cut-off for idiots? did you just finish book 71?

why are you are guys mad that people enjoy different things
I sincerely do not get it
I haven't listened to the FJM album, nor am I going to

It was made before the election

I'm mad that music is now controlled entirely by leftist media

oh it is? I was unaware of that, could you show me some examples?

Pitchfork for one

It absolutely does, a self aware person is always better

Yeah man, I'm a fucking brainlet. Not deep enough for this crap. Reading a coloring book right now, voted Drumpf.

pitchfork controls music?

It's made by leftists, all art is

Projecting, no one had mentioned that book

I would argue you're even more of a faggot if you're aware of how much of a faggot you're being and choose to continue with the faggotry

Hit you right where it hurts it seems

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pure Comedy. The music is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the sound will go over a typical listener’s head. There’s also Tillman’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his music- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these songs, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Pure Comedy truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Tillman's existential catchphrase “Oh comedy, oh it's like something that a madman would conceive!” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tillman's genius wit unfolds itself on their headphones. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Pure Comedy tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Self-awareness should be a motivator for improvement, not a substitute for it.

"continue my legacy son"- DFW

"Yes father"- FJM

Not if you're still happy with the person you are, as long as you realize how it effects those around you and you accept that it's fine in my opinion, improvement shouldn't be doing what others want you to just to make them happy.