Moonlight

Is this the most powerful oscar bait in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/03/26/how-proposition-8-passed-in-california-and-why-it-wouldnt-today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Gay
>Niggers
>Gay Niggers

*thunderous applause and tears*

ur a racist homophone bro

t. people who haven't seen Moonlight

So there isn't a single gay nigger? That is all my post implied.

No one cares about gays, women or blacks in the academy. Remember most voters are +70 years old straight white males

Best oscar bait is talking about the industry, ie the Artist or Birdman or talking about the Shoah

was it purposefully released by A24 during the end of the year oscar buzzseason? absolutely, its what any competent production company from a business standpoint would do.

did the filmmaker intentionally label the first draft of the screenplay: "MY OSCARBAIT PLAN"? probably not. why dont you just enjoy the film for what it is and leave the market predispositions at the door.

This was actually pretty good. It's really explicit in its homosexuality. It's more about man trying to find out his identity and come to terms with his past. It also points out several hypocrisies in the black community. Yes, critics are only praising it because of its 'importance' and 'progressiveness', but it is a legitimately good film.

But its okay when Tom Hanks does it?
But its okay when Sean Penn does it?
But its okay when Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger do it?
But its okay when Cumberbatch does it?
But its okay when Jared Leto does it?

there is, but homosexuality isn't really the focus of the film. it's more about alienation within poor black communities. the protagonist being gay (which isn't even definite - he has a sexual experience with a male friend but that same friend is also the only person who shows him any sort of genuine affection over the course of the film) simply serves to underline his insecurities.

the shitfest with emma stone and goose

Sounds like a movie for liberal whites that blacks would hate.

it sounds you really have no business watching films in the first place.

to be fair, most people, by default, hate movies that criticize their communities at large. the writer/director is black, though, as is the entire cast.

just found out the director made a movie with the twat from the daily show who cried that stewart was a racist, and is directing the TV version of Dear White People. I believe the word is...dropped.

>literally "niggerfaggot: the movie"

I don't think you can outbait this one. Maybe if he was also in a wheelchair or an autist too. But that might be too obvious even for liberals.

no your a homophone

what movies do you guys actually enjoy watching? im genuinely curious since it sounds like youve walked out of every film the instant a black guy or minority comes onscreen.

>it's a Sup Forums-tard dismisses Dear White People without knowing anything about it other than the title

>episode

MUH UNDERDOG

is this the most annoying trope in filmmaking?

Movies without any minorities

Therefore we are limited to Lord of the Rings and a select few other kinos

when handled unrealistically, yes, but Moonlight does a good job with it, especially since he actually grows up to be an alpha drug dealer while also hating himself

so youve let your political ideologies get in the way of enjoying what could possibly be a genuine form of art? whichever way you look at it thats pretty pathetic

Ummm... ones that agree with us and tell us we are right? Why would we watch any other movies? Do you want us to feel unsafe?

I was memeing

now fuck off you newfaggot redditor

yeah but those guys are imdb upvote approved unlike this

Point out anything wrong that I said.

movie was great, just left it, I cried a bunch

trolling aside it's a film more about finding yourself and becoming a product of your environment which are concepts anyone with a brain and two emotions to rub together should be able to feel and understand deeply

I realized pretty quickly it was gonna be GAY NIGGAS and felt the 13-year old edgelord in me begin to hate it for being so Oscarbait but I sat through it and it was legitimately beautiful. If you can't let a movie touch you like this I pity you desu

>implying fro. last year's protest this shit will win best picture

>literally Gay Nigger Faggot from The Hood: The Movie
Whatever hollywood gonna come out with next? speshul snowflake fat barbie?

lmao to be honest acronym wordfilters to desu learn something new every day

They already did, it's called Precious

a movie about the unique challenges of being a black guy is hard for me to be interested in or relate to because im not a black guy

a movie about the unique challenges of being a gay black guy is even harder

i enjoy movies that arent speaking to a tiny percentage of the population

t. gaynigger

Be honest: Are you gay?

con you sound even more out of place, fucking reddit shill?

What about gay black people you fucking retard

>muh poor gay nigger struggles

So, like 3% of blacks?

Straight black men hate homos btw

got em.

If you can't connect or identify with a character because they're different it says more about you than the film

replied to wrong post, friendo

So you guys can't enjoy any movie with a gay, black, or any other form of protagonist who is different from you or had life experiences different than yours in any way?

Shit sucks I loved this film sounds like you guys don't enjoy a lot of movies maybe try another board

3/10

its one of the most anti black flicks made in years

they fucking hate that it shows "hood niggas" as benders

Is there a more jewy newspaper than the Washington Post?

I've never seen the move but if it's solely about empowering minorities than it isn't earning me any favors, because it feels pander-y, and inauthentic. Again, i've never seen it but if the message transcend something beyond the well trodden territory of acceptance then no thanks.

I'm not trolling go back to Sup Forums

watch it and find out for yourself or stop posting your opinion

i swear to god 80% of the people who post in threads like this haven't even seen the movie

But it's not. It's a character study like tons of good movies and it fucking rules.

See it or don't who gives a shit fuck me for not being racist on the tv and film board rite

and you didn't read my post based on how fast you posted your opinion

If you judge a film by what it's about, you're a fucking plebeian.

To quote Roger Ebert: "It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it."

And I see no criticism of the films form, it's themes, the technical prowess, NOTHING.

You guys haven't seen the film and you're judging it solely because it's about a gay black dude.

You're close minded. You're a fucking retard.

Sup Forums is always right

It's fine dude we're just getting Sup Forums spillover every board has it lately

It's mostly 13y/os trolling anyway

good film tho

do you really think 55 seconds isn't long enough to read a 40 word Sup Forums post

>But it's not. It's a character study like tons of good movies and it fucking rules.

Ok that's all I was asking, if it transcends some artificial accept these minority individuals than I will gladly watch it. But don't tell me it's important because it fits some left leaning propaganda

>roger ebert

hello plebbit

Honestly, I've seen a thousand great art flicks but I have no interest in watching movies about gay men, but I'm not shitposting about them on Sup Forums either.

This goes both ways. Critics will love it because it's about a gay black guy, even if the rest is shit

Problem is nobody says that, mate

Trust me most people who don't like it haven't seen it

It's funny because this is legitimately one of the better films of the year and it's getting railroaded by this message it doesn't even carry.

The film is about a guy and his experiences and it's awesome

>Sounds like blacks would hate it
>Director is black and so are the actors

Have you ever considered that maybe other groups of people aren't monolithic entities that operate on a hive mind and individuals have differing opinions and dispositions towards things

The fact that you're assuming that it has one in the first is stupid. You haven't seen it, it's just about something that you don't like.

If you're a racist fine, just don't fucking pussyfoot around it like a fucking child who got in trouble.

the fact that there are exceptions to every rule does not mean that general trends do not exist.

"women are shorter than men" is not a statement that is disproved by the existence of seven foot tall women and 3 foot tall men.

This line of reasoning doesn't even make sense
You aren't a hobbit either but you probably enjoyed Lord of the rings. You aren't and never will be a Jedi or anything comparable but I'm guessing you don't find star wars incomprehensible

But a black person? Oh no that's just asking much too much of you to relate to that.

Sup Forums is reddit
Enemy of Sup Forums

>implying just because the people that made it are black other blacks will fall in line and praise it

whos racist now

not a Sup Forumstard or in whatever imaginary group you have in your headcanon. I saw the movie Dear White People and thought it was preachy garbage and one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

Spike Lee is one of my favorite filmmakers, excluding his career past Inside Man. Take your whiny asses back to tumblr faggots lmao

What's with this thing people do where they speak in a broad generality about a group they aren't even a member of.

Have you ever considered that maybe your preconceptions about other people may not be accurate and you can't definitively say that 100% of X has a distaste for Y because such statements dont make sense

Talk about mental gymnastics.

He meant that if the actors and director is black, then they must like it.

Thanks for an honest review, i'll watch it

I only say that because i've been swindled by oscar bait like this before

Unfortunately for you, the human brain is capable of learning and pattern recognition.

You're right though, 100% of black people world-wide will not hate this movie.

>I only say that because i've been swindled by oscar bait like this before
How do you know it's oscar bait?

Do you even fucking hear yourself? Going round in fucking circles.

niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernniggernigerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger

There. What do you guys think of my script? Think it has a chance at Oscar? Its a work in progress

Still you faggot because that sure isn't what I said, and it wasn't even implied.

Ok but there's no real basis on which to found a statement like "Black people will hate this" other than your own preconceptions, it's not really a statistically veritable thing in the same capacity that height differentials are. You made a real bad equivalence there.

You can demonstrate through numbers that men have a tendency to be taller than women, and then you can state that to be an observable facet of objective reality, but there's no way to really put any veracity behind a statement like the one you made.

>How do you know it's oscar bait?

Give me a fucking break, look around

>Unfortunately for you, the human brain is capable of learning and pattern recognition
It's also capable about being very very sure of itself and also totally fucking wrong

What's your point?

There's a chance you might be right?

Fucking bravo.

>Unfortunately for you, the human brain is capable of learning and pattern recognition.

ur so enlightened my man i really see the error of my ways now.

I'm only saying it's a real silly faggot notion to think that all of, or even most black people would be uninterested in the film.

Really good argument. Just tip top kiddo.

*teleports behind you*

He already said he'd watch it, I won, the film won, Sup Forums lost today.

>no you

nice argument reddit

needs more faggot 8/10

I'm not who you were responding to and those weren't my preconceptions, but it is actually fairly well established that black people aren't really too fond of gay people. washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/03/26/how-proposition-8-passed-in-california-and-why-it-wouldnt-today/

you can also go look at african countries and how homosexual men are treated there, or ask gay black guys about the culture they grew up in.

as for adding veracity to my statement, there is a way - wait for the numbers to come out. i doubt this movie is going to do as well with the urban market as a tyler perry or transformers movie.

It's not hard to get me to watch something, thats not guaranteed a good review

Not by a long shot

wow another hollywood cash-in remake

Yeah but I snatched one out of the jaws of Sup Forums today, fuck that shit board

You'll never pull from Sup Forums

It's already made $10m, although it's impossible to say as of yet how much of that came from black neighborhoods.

There are a bunch of producers in Hollywood this year that figured that the #oscarsowhite complaints would lead to a #blacklast this year so they're pushing these shitty black movies out hoping to get the lucky winner.

WHO DIRECTED THIS NIGROLAS WINDING REFN?