Oasis

Beatles

lol no
>The Rolling Stones
>The Grateful Dead
>Tom Petty
also no

Nope.

I agree with the Doors. They were goodish, but not really legendary.

Oasis is the most overrated band of the late 90s-early 00s.

Also pic related.

Beatles are accurately rated.

The band Van Halen is underrated. Eddie Van Halen is an overrated guitarist.

He has no voice, it's just a nasal whining.

Sure he made a few good songs, but most of Dylan's shit is just American folk & roots rehashes with witty word play lyrics.

Just watch some random live performance by him, boredom sets in at the first minute.

Bob Dylan is so incredibly overrated. Boring music, lackluster instrumentation, overaverage lyricists but thats not saying much. Wyatt and Cohen were both much better musicians and lyricists.

The Grateful Dead are so fucking overrated. Mediocre rock musicians with delusions of skill and talent. Overrated by rockists who never heard anything else that takes actual musicial ability.

Overrated guitarist. Idk why they do it either. It could be cause he's black, but idk. Mucu betyer guitarists during his time like Zappa or Fripp or McLaughlin.

McLaughlin is one of the most underrated guitarists, and that's because he didn't play popular mainstream music.

You responded to the wrong guy.

>Eddie Van Halen is black
Wat

From the thumbnail it looked like Hendricks

Yeah, right.

was meant for

>Hendricks
You're just giving us gold

Grimes

He turned rock music into a serious, album oriented art form.

Nah, that was the Beatles.

16 year olds incoming

TOOL
Travis Scott
The Clash
Grimes
Aerosmith
Green Day
LCD Soundsystem
Arcade Fire
Jack White (On his own)
Pearl Jam
Old Kanye

their newest album was bad

The Sex Pistols, it wasn't even music, it was a fashion prank.

this thread was nothing but 16 year olds to begin with

Old fart Dylan fan detected.

Their only good album

not my problem his genius goes over your head buddy.

Eh Demon Days is overrated, Plastic Beach has a few good songs, and Humanz was bland.
But their S/T is severely underrated. It was the most pure in concept of being a cartoon album because it was an insane mix of different genres. Having songs like 5/4, Double Bass, Rock the House, Slow Country, and Dracula under one album is unprecedented even to this day.

It really encapsulates the early 2000s when the internet was gaining a lot of traction and new styles/cultures from around the world didn't have to rely on a torchrunner, like the Beatles, to spread.

>Dylan
>genius

Yeah, I think they were a bit more hyped than they were really worth.

However if you check their music after Sid Barret left and the moved on from his pop-y songs, you can tell they had something to say. They had great musicians in the band.

And Waters is a character himself.

>implying it wasn't Dylan who provoked The Beatles to move in a serious direction with Bringing it Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited
it's funny how The Beatles' maturation comes just after those two albums, and how they always talked about how influenced by him they were

Bob Dylan sucks.

dylan directly influenced rubber soul, i believe he introduced pot to the fab four as well. you're welcome beatlefags

Dylan is so good it's not even funny. Take away everything he influenced, almost everything he records is solid gold.

>Billy Joel
kys

Yeah I think the general thought from The Beatles was "shit, now we need to be like this". "Like this" is to say more serious lyrics (less teenage love crap) and less filler. They were a very competitive band, I believe. Had rivalries with the Stones, The Who, Beach Boys. Not that that's a bad thing; it led to their best stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=-0codHB_2MY

just pure crap

These half-dead losers make pretentious shitty music and if you like them you objectively have poor taste.

It's odd how rare Bob Dylan threads are given how iconic he is. I'm taking this chance to bum over this famous live performance of Like a Rolling Stone
>youtube.com/watch?v=3Xz7WfVYxok

Part of me wants to disagree with you, but the other part of me knows you're right. Although Old Kanye is pretty good still and that first album is for sure pretty great still.

The voice is cringey as fuck. He just can't sing, he should have stuck to composition.

fuck off, he has one of the most powerful voices i've ever heard and that performance is legendary. the reason he's shouting so passionately in that clip is because half the crowd are clueless brainlets who can't into blues rock and they got exactly what they deserved

Literally anything you like.

its bait, stop taking it.

Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem
Oasis, Blur, Pulp, Suede, Manics, Supergrass
Joy Division
Bruce Springsteen
Big Star
Wilco
Elvis Costello
The White Stripes
Sufjan Stevens

And a gif of someone spitting a drink solidifies that of course.

I really don't see how Gorillaz was any better than any of those gimmicky fantasy bands with cartoon characters as "band members" and how it didn't die with the fad.

He's one of the best rhythm guitarist there is. People only give a shit about muh tapping and Eruption and never pay attention to any other cool shits he do.

Actually yeah, Joy Division is overrated too. I think it has to do with the drama surrounding the band more than its music.

t. Man who hasnt listened to live t Montreuix

>The Doors
>Led Zeppelin
>The Grateful Dead
>Oasis
these but not the others

I read his autobiography, that was before I knew he was a kike, but it makes complete sense in hindsight. His best somgs were covered by better musicians anyways.

Swans and Simpsonwave.

Correct except for the doors. They're in the top 3 greatest bands of the 60s.

All correct, especially Gorillaz. Don't know why people were so disappointed with their new album, they were ALWAYS SHIT.

Objectively wrong, overrated on Sup Forums maybe, but through the general public they are criminally underrated. I've never met anyone in real life who's a fan or even heard of Swans. I can understand if you dislike their newer and early 80s stuff, but if you hate their work with Jarboe and Soundtracks you have objectively shit taste.

On another note, who are the most underrated bands of all time? My vote goes to Soft Machine.

youtu.be/L-jJQTnYrG0

Dylan may be an acquired taste for some, but I really can’t trace this cherry picking down to actual flaws in his musicianship... where are you people getting these notions from?

His lyricism was never intended to be incredibly insightful at every corner, and he still delivered solid verse structure songs and could reflect his attitudes very well through his writing. His voice is different but not at all a downfall in his output, in fact it adds an element of fragility to his performance.

Instrumentation in his earlier works is very very simple, clearly, so I can see why that would be unappealing, but his catalog has some variety. ‘65 - ‘66 could be promising ventures for those who scrutinize impersonality in his more well known stuff.

I hate all popular music because I get a good feeling when I go against the grain. Life isn't worth living if you hold a single popular opinion.

THE

FACT

Easily this.

THAT