What are some examples of visually stunning movies?

What are some examples of visually stunning movies?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77034634/#77034634
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/true cinema punch in the gut/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Say what you will about Pacific Rim, but its one of the few action movies in history that actually knew how to use visuals and colors

i see your thinly veiled attempt at a grid thread and i approve

yes

i'm really not appreciating this new "select all images with sushi" captcha making me hungry for sushi at 4am, what am i supposed to do with that

sup steakbro

not much dood, how you doin

Anyone got one of these for The Witch?

this grid does not make justice to the movie

there was one in the last thread, i'll grab it from the archive

here you go friend

you're right, it was made with screens i grabbed during a first viewing. will probably do another one in the future.

thx

is this movie good?

it's an obvious allegory without much depth, but extremely well-made. Wheatley's a great director and he gets excellent performances out of all of his actors, particularly Jeremy Irons. in the second half, the film creates an absolutely palpable atmosphere of filth and degeneracy that makes it almost difficult to watch at times. worth checking out, in my opinion, but it's no great work.

>Nicole Kidman's butt dimples

Kubrick is a genius.

this movie had its moments but it felt like a wasted opportunity. It just felt like something was missing. also having god be a little boy was downright silly

the first thirty minutes or so were pretty mild, but i found myself enjoying it progressively more as it went on. i would kill to see Ridley Scott's original 3 and a half hour cut.

almost every Ridley scott movie needs multiple cuts to get it right. He needs to learn to edit his stuff

he needs to learn to say no to requested studio edits

Have one for edge of tomorrow?

>digital
>visually stunning

how'd you get on Sup Forums, grandpa?

OP I made that

heres one i made yesterday. Need to do some EWS again

Heres another old ass one

that's a small grid

is this a joke post? Regardless it being Harry Potter, every single shot is barely visible

the sixth Harry Potter movie really just looks like that

DUDE GRIMDARK LMAO

I honestly made that one dark as possible on purpose to trigger people like you man. Also it looks crystal clear on my television. Most of the HP films look amazing, look up the cinematographers, yes i like them i like a lot of stuff

It is its an old one like the one in the OP, i have to redo them

Made it as dark as possible to bask in you complaining it fits the story

I understand what youre saying but theres a difference between using natural light and having scenes which cant be seen. I just don't like it, I like to see what Im watching

it triggers me that you used three stills from the same shot

I can see everything perfectly and I'm being honest. It's different and yes its dark when its supposed to be

Good its supposed to be jarring thats what i was going for. Sorry

And the fourth and fifth stills are from the same shot in this, the fifth is the train going infront of the station

eva green's nudity is the sole reason to watch this

i don't agree, but that's probably obvious

There are too many visually gorgeous films to name them in this thread.

>Generic establsiishing shot shit.
>Visually stunning.

jeez.

Not my grid
>complaining about harry potter
wow not predictable. also the final film is nowhere near the best

"We" can't be harsh against bad films now? Every film is a winner and worth watching now?

Those shots are exactly what you say but theres many many more shots that could have been used. It isnt bad by any means plus a film deserves to be seen in motion to have impact , which is why having a film board with no sound webms is annoying. Seriously though theres thousands of good shots that could be chosen for that movie like most

I'm too tired to make a grid, but the first one that came to mind was Hero with Jet Li. The color palette alone in that film is beautiful.

>thousands of good shots of the final Harry Potter film.
I disagree. The films were terrible and no motion and sound could rescue them.

You sound like the pretentious fag who got his thread deleted before posting this poor bait as a pleb list because you dont like anything good.

The HP films were extremely good, half of them are kino. And they are all good besides the fourth.

Are you in every thread korinefag? Sad!

>Pretentious faggot.
>for disliking trash like Harry Potters.
fucking lol

You have 100 other threads to talk about your trash teen demographics movies in. Fuck off.

Yep he's the korinefag. Mods actually deleted his last thread when he got btfo by everyone

Fuck off niglet anyone can post anything they want ITT and your crying only makes me want to post HP some more you want me to dump? Guess so

>Unironically using the word kino.
>"HP films were extremely good"

Every post only helps prove his point that they're generic looking flicks. I don't care if you like them or capeshit, just don't pretend they deserve to be posted alongside anything in this thread.

Legit kino

>half of them are kino
Remember when this was a joke? Now you've got oblivious fags who actually use it for a rating system.

They look better than half the ones ITT and that one is a joke grid you autistic jap. Again stop whining like a bitch. I dont whine about the grids ITT I dont like

>all that weeb crap
>all these superhero/science fiction flicks
I fucking hate this website, you are a bunch of manchildren

>I dont whine about the grids ITT I dont like
Because you're a cinematic illiterate and don't have the basic understanding of what makes them good or bad.

I've posted

These and others as well Im not just posting HP

>They look better than half the ones ITT

see
How much are you going to cry for having such shit taste korinefag?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/77034634/#77034634
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/true cinema punch in the gut/

Only cinegrid I ever bothered making.

>Comment about films being fucking terrible.
>waah why you cry about cinegrid.

Not everything is about (((YOUR))) image. The films are just fucking shit and you have the level of narcissism to take this insult as something that's directed at you? Get your head checked.

This is a how a blockbuster should look like. Not Marvelshit

Considering I made the one the OP used yes

Holy shit kid you have fucking problems and you have shit tier taste

Here is my top 25:
1. Dead Man's Letters (1986, Lopushansky)
2. A Man Escaped (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980, Fassbinder)
5. Closely Watched Trains (1966, Menzel)
6. The Great White Silence (1924, Ponting)
7. Syndromes and a Century (2006, Weerasethakul)
8. My Night at Maud's (1969, Rohmer)
9. The Color of Pomegranates (1968, Parajanov)
10. Lucky Star (1929, Borzage)
11. Markéta Lazarová (1967, Vláčil)
12. The Virgin Spring (1960, Bergman)
13. A Page of Madness (1926, Kinugasa)
14. The New Land (1972, Troell)
15. Evolution of a Filipino Family (2004, Diaz)
16. Days of Heaven (1978, Malick)
17. Distant Voices, Still Lives (1988, Davies)
18. Cold Water (1994, Assayas)
19. Bad Blood (1986, Carax)
20. Les Vampires (1915, Feuillade)
21. Viridiana (1961, Buñuel)
22. Orphée (1950, Cocteau)
23. Eden and After (1970, Robbe-Grillet)
24. The Goddess (1934, Yonggang)
25. A Short Film About Killing (1988, Kieślowski)
Rank them and give me a brief review of each one. Now tell what are yours Mr over 3000? Remember before you start crying that you wanted to do this.

Not only that you have zero friends judging by the way you act on this board constantly you neet

I'm not that autist. I came into the argument when you started being retarded.

You are though koreinefag you use the phrase cinematically illiterate more times than I can count

>only 1 from the 21st century
hello grandpa!

Holy shit what a faggot he got triggered for being called a pleb and having an obsession.