Did this make anyone's top albums of the year list?

did this make anyone's top albums of the year list?
also, are we gonna do another album? I want to contribute a bit more than I did on this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/the-death-of-pablo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I saw a couple threads a few weeks ago about a similar thing with Bjork's new album but I'm not sure how far it ever got.

im dumb as hell but can someone explain what this album is?

its amazing how strong peoples opinions are on this, its either love it or hate it for the most part lmao

It won't ever get as far as this. That's certain

overhyped noise thing Sup Forums did

dont get why people obsessively call this a noise album, theres maybe two-three sections on the entire album you could call noise. theres a lot more ambient and plunderphonics-related stuff on it than noise

It's supposedly the only album Sup Forums made that's actually worth a shit and has had any staying power
If Sup Forums wants to make an album worth shit then there can't keep being meme titles for tracks and people coming up with ideas off of the top of their heads trying to be ironically funny, any value this has is lost in translation into the creative value of the music. This kind of shit needs to be taken more seriously with all people involved in these kinds of threads, for starters with the ones who are in charge of them and who set up the rules. I'd try it if I gave enough of a shit but I'm too goddamn lazy

they'd be better off all hating it.
all below average music, and very vague/next to no decernable meaning to the whole thng

the point of the album threads is to have fun
I'm totally down to actually focus and make a track/contribute to an album that Sup Forums spearheads

this, can't wait for the tripfag boyband to have feuds with the reddit one

how about no, reddit is faggotry

What point is fun when the fun makes the product worse?

God I feel like a cement block the way I asked that, I'm sorry there's probably some way to word that better, but seriously if that factor behind the making of the music interferes with its potential then isn't that something worth looking to?

>what's the point of playing outside when you get dirty

the point of fun is to have fun, that's all there is to it. if people think that what you are making/doing is worse off because you had fun making/doing it, that's solely their problem.

the point of fun is to have fun
h
t

p
o
i
n
t
is that its all masterbatory waste of time

if you're having fun doing something then it is not a waste of time

it is if its as fun as doing anything else
..such as actual masterbation.
its a short lived fleeting experience shared with people you have no emotional connections with/

and your point is?

there is no point
h
e
r
e

i
s
no point to the music, that means its shit, a diamond a dozen, and doesn't benefit anyone or need to exisy

fun benefits you

It's a show of potential with the whole collective thing. Of course there are people here who are at least mildly competent at producing records. And no, we didn't make a perfect album by any reasonable standards, but the success at least shows that it's not a completely hopeless aim when looking towards the future

I put out a swathe of garbage albums in 2015 and I can agree there was both sincerity and sabotage involved in making them, which did make for a lot of fun, but garbage results. You can have fun making anything whether it's good or bad, but you just have to remember it's Sup Forums, the classic OG Web 2.0 Laotian quilting community, so creativity is high but it's a disaster to try and organise people because every one forces each other to be equal. So to make something good as a collective everyone has to keep constantly contributing and evaluating each other until there's a consensus which is not impossible but can not be forced. It's like a relationship; maybe that's why Sup Forums has so much trouble doing this.

not really

not even true for that DOB album in OP
it was all made by like the same 4 dudes, so it turned out good, thats letting certain people contribute over others I say. but Its nothing wrong with it, whatever makes the better album

What about that shoegaze album a couple months back?

It wasn't just us four, I think about eleven producers had done work on it in the end if my memory's right

yea i think overall it was 13ish or somethin, lots of different people

>shills
it was basically 4 people doing the heavy lifting, any other contribution besides the eight minute noise track was thrown to the side in the mix I would bet

sure there were a few main contributors but there are still 12-13 people that worked on it, and they all got their individual sections to shine

''few main contributors'' is not equal, now is it?

well sorry for trying to give credit where credit is due goddamn lmao

the only reason that certain people appear more on the album is because they made more stuff, pretty much 90-95% of what was made by people was put on the album, its not like we systematically took people's contributions out.

those albums aren't supposed to have staying power, they're just for fun. it's fun to be involved in them and anonymity gives you the chance to say and do things you would never do in your own projects. it's music that doesn't just not stay around, but by necessity is designed to not stay around because nobody wants to be attached to it. It's best if nobody ever mentions something Sup Forums made

whoops meant to tag this

my favorite moment online in 2017 will always be when someone called the ending of track 2 "spooky" in an rym review lol

Equality is a false god

circle jerk of Pablo
>MAKE SURE FANTANO SPREADS THE NEWS, TAU-9, INSTALL A FRIEND PRODUCTION

lmfao

>not knowing what noise is.

LMAO have you never had fun in your life or something?

oh I have. I had enough of it

wow, even I'm not this edgy. you sound like a faggot to be honest.

imagine arguing that somebody/people enjoying their time and having fun is the wrong way of having fun
fucking loser

>is the wrong way of making good music*

>look at me I have fun like everyone else, that make me BETTER than you because I am just living life this way
^^whos edgy now?

lol, nice projection. you just embarrassed yourself more than I could, so I'll just leave you to it.

>empty statements face when

nice deflection. your defense mechanisms aren't even subtle.

not arguments?

whats it matter if its good music or not if the people making it and a portion of the audience (even if its not large) enjoys it?
whoever this is, im sorry you live life like you do you absolute loser,

more ad humanims.
yeah its enjoyable but its also a waste of time because it isn't down to earth and it doesn't do anything new from the music its inspired by, and its not like you don't have your head up your ass worried about fun to actually think things through while working on a music project.
anything else

lol, how old are you?

jiggling keys in your face is also fun for awhile too
how old are you ? im 21 btw

>humanims

can somebody post a link? only had it on soundcloud, and it got taken down from there months ago

>be 21
>go on the internet to shit on the fact that people arent as sad as you
what do you expect people to do? list me some shit that isnt a waste of time in your eyes. the fact that you are arguing this bullshit seems like one to me...

it isn't a waste of time, it will help you make music that is worthwhile and isn't reddit incarnate
''sad'' and 'loser' are completely unrelated and dirogitory statements, essentially its waste of time to call me that, you are not unfamiliar with making something that is a waste of time because all you care about is fun.

you're not helping anybody you blithering retard.

>you are not helpin anybody, we are pefectly FINE with listening to Star Wars VIII soundtracks and leading our empty lives!

Nice phone posting fag

aight dont reply to anybody else. everybody else here can tell you that youre wasting your time by furthering your dumbass arguement

not arguments
>if I call him a fag my other hedonistic buddies will agree with me, and I'd feel like a tough big guy! yay!

>mission failed, lets get em next time
ill give up if it means youll stop talking LOL that was some good bait thanks for the laughs

ok and you stop making shit music thats a plaque on humanity? OK, good.

thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/album/the-death-of-pablo

the rest of our singular/collaborative music is on there as well

i didnt contribute but sure. best of wishes, hope you have a WOnderFul holiday

thats a good thing you didn't then

Shit that everyone completely forgot about because it was FOTW mediocrity.
Probably doesn't help that it was made by underages, but at least it's a start for them.

don't get what people are arguing over in this thread... Anyways, anonymous musician here. Would love to contribute if another project happened. Tomorrow or the next day we should make a new thread and spitball ideas.

no fun allowed mcgee over there, telling us its not ok to have fun! what the fuck! fun is the best!! uh album of the year is the one with the sickest beatsz yo!!! woooOOOO!!!!!
this post is actually me

bump

bump

Death of Pablo and Of Course I Still Love You made me believe there's a lot of potential if people actually consistently got serious about this kind of stuff, so I'm really interested to see anything else that comes up. I'd love to contribute but I can't produce worth a shit.

I understand the experimental intent behind the album, but tobehonest, it would’ve fared better if each track had the immediacy of the second track. Anyways, I remember first hearing 7:59 - 8:39 from the second track “Washed Up” and being kind of mind blown. Top-tier moment, for sure. I’d love to hear more hip hop instrumentals like that.

Glad someone brought up OCISLY lmao. I'll shill what we're doing a bit.

D'anjou Collective is making the follow up now, as well as a couple side projects from members of the group. We're going full Brockhampon and gonna be constantly working on new stuff to shill on here throughout the next year. More quality control this time too.

I actually like the album quite a lot. It's not PROFOUND or extremely INNOVATIVE, but it was nice to see people unite and contribute to a group effort of such nature. It's fairly listenable too, and personally helped me go through a rough period of my life, plus messing with the way I would later create my music, sharpening my approach to it.
At the end of the day, it was a good fan project that was solely based on a shitpost, spread around within music circles, simply due to the creep/kek factor of it all. It's nice that it exists. It creates discussion.