People wearing band shirts that don't listen to the band

What are your thoughts Sup Forums?

I don't care

It's disingenuous, but no more so than any of the other airs being put on by the average person.

How do you know Chris doesn't like Suicidal Tendencies? He seems like an honest guy.

plebeian
>BRO DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THEM?!!! NAME ONE SONG
contrarian
>Maybe he thinks the logo is cool, I don't mind
patrician
>BRO DO YOU EVEN FUCKING LISTEN TO THEM REEEEEEE NAME 5 SONGS

Except this confrontation only occurs in your head because you know your bitch ass would get your teeth knocked out for not minding your own business.

It's dumb but who fucking cares

Because "Patrician" is just slang for socially dysfunctional fatass shut-ins.

Except I've confronted multiple people about it in real life minus the autistic screeching, good job acting like a tough guy on the internet, though.

t. plebeian

>He replies unironically to an ironic post
So this is the autism of Sup Forums that I hear about. Are you new here friendo?

right so basically the gist of this post is that plebeians and patricians are exactly the same, and contrarians are level headed rational human beings
strange theory, but i like it

Honestly though, this. I saw a dude at Food Lion last Sunday and he had a full-blown battle jacket with about 50 metal band patches. I thought it was silly and that he probably didn't listen to all of those bands, but what the fuck ever.

>contrarian
>the reasonable one

Realistically wearing a band shirt you don't listen to is the definition of pretentious. Probably why contrarians don't mind it. I understand why we shouldn't care, I don't think it's worth getting worked up over but at the same time it's pretty lame.

I had a girlfriend who did this, she was a massive slut.

Chris Brown only hits women though

Good job admitting that nobody likes being around your stuck up ass

T. got called out for wearing a shirt of a band he didn't listen to when he was younger and is still scarred from it

Said the guy who started this thread and carries around his irrational, histrionic hatred of people every day of his life on the off chance he runs into somebody wearing a Black Flag shirt so he can berate them the moment he realises they aren't that familiar with the band. You need more constructive hobbies.

Cultural Appropriation at it's finest...

I'm OP not the guy your childishly arguing with. I admit I don't like seeing it and I shouldn't care. But it feels like those people are ripping off a culture in a way. I wouldn't walk around in compton with red bandanas on. I wouldn't be white and say nigga. It's sort of the dame thing but what the fuck does it matter?

Wearing band shirts when you're older than 21 is a great way to stay single.
And dateless.

Sometimes I think it's fine to embrace the visual aesthetic of something even if you aren't familiar with the background. I feel the same way you do in some capacity, but I'd rather a person wear a shirt they think looks interesting than labouriously peruse a band's material before deciding that they FINALLY know enough about them to have earned the right to wear their merch in public. Ulteriour motives about hipster cred aside.

Why would it matter to you, as a fan? Why wouldn't you want a major celebrity to advertise your favorite band?

I'm more concerned over his Millennium Item

>Tripfag
>insufferable
Color me shocked. The fact that you didn't realize my original post was just me shitposting is enough to say all your posts aren't even worth reading. Let's look at a timeline of events
>I make a dumb shitpost as a joke
>Internet tough guy comes out of the woodwork talking about my "bitch ass" getting my teeth knocked out for calling someone out
>I point out that I've actually done it, quite a few times before
>This angers him and he tries to continue to argue over nothing
>You now join accusing me of "histrionic" hatred (Not entirely sure you know what histrionic means) saying I do this in my day to day

>3dpd

If the band has chosen to commercialize its image through fashion, there's nothing wrong with a non-listener consuming such clothing should they desire it.

I
HATE
BROKE
HAMPTON
copy this to 3 other threads

So that actually brings up a good point.
>Visual aesthetics blah blah
yeah whatever. I think you SHOULD know what you're advertising when you wear a band shirt. What if they had espoused some ideas you disagreed with? I think a lot of people wouldn't wear a clothing item that advertises an artist they disagree with politically. (I'm aware that some wouldn't care, and I'm aware that YOU personally might not, but some people would.)

It's a minor nuisance, but here on Sup Forums, everything has to be black or white. It's not a big deal to sperg out over, but it's not not annoying. It's just lame. Like people wearing Che Guevara shirts and having no clue who he is. Same concept.

It's just like everything else but comes off as worse because it's so brash

That being said I say fuck yes, I love the idea of some CB retard listening to DRI because of this picture

You can't complain about it if you think cultural appropriation is SJW bullshit

>hmmm op seems to have made a topic I’m interested in
>no other pics

/thread

you have determined brian wilson's fate
well done user

It piss me off, not for anything got to do with music however.

Before you even get to know this person the first thing they do is lie to you.

"not only will I lie to you, I will go so far as to print that lie and wear it for all the world to see, and if I'll be so dishonest about something as totally insignificant as what bands I like, what will I do in a situation were it matters?"

No, this nigger is a coward.

>implying the chris brown doesnt listen to hard rock
his music is clearly to some degree adjacent to puck rock creed why the fuck wouldnt he listen to metal. cunt.

What a silly comparison