What.cd alternative

Used what.cd to download my music and can't find any decent replacements. I was very active on what and had a very high ratio. What do you all use now? I don't want to fucking use Apple Music or Spotify.

Will pay for an invite to a good site if someone has one and doesn't feel like being generous.

slsk you nigger

>slsk
Thanks, checking it out now.

redacted.ch is the new what.cd. It's literally the same exact site rebuilt by new people. Obviously doesn't have the library that what did but so far it has basically one the "replace what.cd" contest

Join the IRC, take the quiz and get in

slsk seems great, I just typed in a random username and it worked (no registration) and found what I was initially looking for and downloaded it. Any reason to bother with private trackers anymore? The only reason I used what was because I could generally find stuff very early and quickly reliably, looks like slsk is good?

The two biggest alternatives seem to be Redacted.ch and Apollo.rip

slsk is fine but has slower dl speeds and no quality control

collages, making requests, searching by genre tags, stuff like that

Also now that I'm in Red, I just find it more convenient. The only time I use slsk is as a last resort if I can't find it anywhere else

i had a whatcd account since 2008 and there's literally no reason to use private trackers anymore honestly

download the program Spek to make sure the files you are downloading aren't transcodes of worse quality

>Spek
What am I looking for here, I remeber reading something about transcodes showing something obvious in the spectrum here but not obvious.

pls to join apollo ,sirs !!

Frequency cutoffs and artifacts in the audio. Lossless files should have no cutoff point. Lossy MP3s and whatnot will have hard cutoffs at different points depending on bitrate, and a shelf at 16kHz.
e.g. If something claims to be 320kbps, but has a cutoff point at 20Hz, then it's a transcode from 128kbps.

Was on What for a couple years before it ended. Honestly Soulseek and Rutracker have been all I need. Still miss it though.

>apollo

taxi to apollo sir?

ask for nudes

what's wrong with apollo?

goes down too much. granted uptime has improved drastically over the past couple months

>apooloo

just use spotify

>was very active and had a very high ratio
>hasn't been able to find a replacement in over a year
haha ok buddy

too curry