NBA racism?

Jeremey Lin says Americans look down on Asians.

How true is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=wln1art1jOA

Fairly.

well Asians are pretty small on average so obviously they look down

>Malnourished asians try to take on 6'8+ blacks that have over 100 lbs of pure muscle that grew up in a culture that revolves around being physically or financially dominant.
I don't look down on them, it's just funny to see skinny fat asians try to do a layup against that kind of defense. Also Lin is blacker than some black NBA players, I hardly think "oh he sucks, it must be because hes asain"

cute interviewer btw

Blacks and White women look down on Asians.

Lin said it. Reading comprehension is a sport, too.

I don't think they are looked down just in the USA.Or only in basketball
It is more of a it is rare to see an asian who plays professionaly, there are a lot of blacks, whites, europeans, even latin americans.

And yeah you can say that not having any asians is a proof of the system being against them, but honestly so are brazillians in that regard, or argentinians, when you are a foreigner, or you feel foreign , it is hard to break through.

Even in Brazil for example, where we have a lot of asians, it is impossible to see an asian player , the only one i can name on the spot is some Future Talent from Corinthians.

>Lin is blacker than some black NBA players

He doesn't seem that black to me. I mean the guy went to Harvard.

everyone looks down on americans

bigotry is human nature

I like down at them when they're giving me head

Not true overall but for sports yes. People used to talk about how Jeremy Lin is too small for the NBA yet he's like above average size for PG.

Maybe I shouldn't have said black, I mean he's very americanized. I don't just see Lin as asain, I see him as American. He grew up in the same culture as most basketball americans, which is why he can play with the best of them and not those goofy 7 foot test tube babies they keep trying to send overhere.

>i look at him as American
Euros will never know this feel

>basketball americans
My new favorite term for black people.

because europe is not a country?

>implying all real ballers grew up in the same culture

how fucking new are you

Let's face it, if Lin was black, he'd have been a late 1st round pick.

This guy was born in Murrica, he can't even speak proper Chinese.
His pronounciation is quite bad.

Murrica has no real identity, it has always been a country of immigrants.

So basically you call anyone sucessful American.

Yeah they should just go back to asia wtf it isn't even bad over there. Like I understand niggers not wanting to go back to africa and give up the gibs, but come on.

Asian Athletes, maybe

They're just bad athletes.

Europe will become the middle east in a few decades at the rate they're importing refugees

I actually have not paid attention to teams like the timberwolves in the past couple years, karl anthony towns is a monster player. With teague + gibson if they can pick up 2 more decent roleplayers theyre actually going to be better than the spurs.

he never said it was?????????

This is a bad translation, it's more like "Asian players are underestimated"

LOL
the Timberwolves will be a playoff team but they aren't that good yet. Butler is a superstar but he's not at the level of a Lebron, KD, Steph, Westbrook, Kawhi, etc. Wiggins and KAT are strictly one way players at this point. Taj Gibson is a great role-player and was OKC's 3rd best player in the playoffs...but the timberwolves are not top tier...they're basically what the Thunder were this year except with a better bench, a team that'll be lucky to get to 50 wins this year. Some of their signings like Jamal crawford look good at first, but statistically crawford is well below efficient and their bench as a whole is only better than the Thunder's because it isn't built like its the early 2000s.

>financially dominant black culture
MY SIDES

As a 1/4 black American I agree that the NBA is racist against anyone who isn't 90% black. Yes, I'm saying even players like Towns or Griffin aren't treated fairly due to their complexion. Whites also have been undervalued and ignored for decades but mentioning that fact is almost a hate crime in itself so I applaud Lin for continuing to speak up. It's a dumb system and leads to idiots like Ball "blacking it up" in the hope that their antics will attract positive attention when in fact their behavior makes the whole league look bad.

Nigga you weren't that good you were always a meme

niggro please...

he could have a point

The NBA is garbage, period. The show is being run by people who've never stepped foot on a basketball court. They hype up talentless trash "athletes" and ignore good players because they think one will sell more jerseys. If you don't see how they are playing everybody with their politically correct, affirmative action based policies then you're a tool.

top post

Lin should try becoming a starter on Nets and staying healthy for 2 games in a row for a change

Basketball is taking China by storm and since there are so many of them a few are bound to turn into legit NBA players, right?

Maybe just him. He had, what, half of a season where he was decent?

Asians are an invisible race in America. Everyone treats them like they don't exist.

?

Every argument against it is a testament.

This is a really bad post

Asians have an even higher earnings average than white people despite being immigrants and having been treated poorly in the US, so they destroy all the poor black and hispanic stories that it isn't their fault that they are in bad shape. So they get ignored.

It's exactly the opposite. White American players are highly regarded compared to Blacks at the same level. Take JJ Redick, for example.

I call bullshit. Asians are the richest ethnic group in America, and are the most accepted into our universities. They're not looked down upon

They are socially looked down upon.

In most business scenarios? Opposite of looked-down-upon.

But social environments always supercede financial ones.

Please be joking. JJ is a token, he checks the boxes the NBA Execs expect to see in a white guy so he's allowed to play (I.e. Sharpshooter, "high IQ," gym rat, all those memes).

If you are serious, answer me where have all the 90s Utah Jazz teams gone? The only team with any similarity would be the Spurs and look at their dominance. Put 5 hard working talented players on the court together and they'll win. I don't mean five white guys so don't bring me that Timberwolves shit, Rubio is a hack.

Here's what I'm saying, there is an entire class of basketball athlete that is being ignored (I believe it is intentional) because they aren't seen as marketable enough and because their brand of basketball is too intensive physically and mentally for most players coming out of college.

U MAD WHITEBOI

Got any evidence? I've never seen anyone treat an Asian person bad because of their race. I've seen more whites discriminated against than Asians

reminder that basketball is NOT a white boi sport

whatever you say, asian boi

Ummm yeah, basically I am evidence? I'm of Asian decent and my friends are fairly mixed in race. Those who are also of Asian decent (anywhere on that continent, really), whether immigrant or 1st generation, can agree that we've usually been treated like 2nd class citizens in most scenarios involving people whom may identify as "Amerian" (ie, "white," multigenerational history in this country, regardless of religion)

Well he was rail thin sane with Hayward and ingrim but they've all worked on developing their bodies and have added the much needed muscle mass.

It about his race or height. You can't be wirey in the NBA anymore.

I'm sorry but I legitimately do not see that, outside of a maybe a small handful of weak examples. Teams pick the players that think are going to help them win, because teams generate more revenue when they win. They may not always make the right choice, but I refuse to believe that there are these great physical players out there that are being intentionally ignored for political reasons. That sounds completely absurd.

You ever notice how it's only American sports that are a majority of a certain type of athlete? Look at the world's sports and it's only in America that there's an obsession over having the largest most purely muscular players. There's more to sports than being physically dominant but this pathological preference of one particular type of athlete is embedded into American sports culture. Again, I hope you're just joking. Be on the board more than a few days and you'll begin to notice that every other country laughs at how Americans debase and devalue themselves so that our chosen athletes can succeed. There is very little meritocracy in the NBA. More proof of this is how the league alters the rules to allow certain types of athletes to succeed. Hand checking being only one small but notable example of this.

it could just be an issue with just plain scouting these days. it seems a lot of analysts seem look for super athletic guys instead of players who can understand and play the game. I mean SAS did diss the the knicks for taking the french player they decided to draft instead of the more athletic guys who were still on the table.

I think some euro sports fans sum it up best. US scouts look for super athletic guys and hope they can coach them up with the technical skills needed so they can play the game well.. While euros will look for guys with all the technical skills needed to play the game and hope they can them physically enough to play the game. Now I don't know what the best method of training a player is but as we can see sometimes sometimes you can only teach a player so much before you realize someone will never develop a post game like deandre jordan. And sometimes a player can have the technical technical skills but might not be athletic enough to hang with the stars of the nba.

Please explain the popularity of quarterbacks, wide receivers and Steph curry

>Popularity of Steph Curry and a few tokens
You had me going there for a minute user. 9/10 troll

WE WUZ SCHOLARZ

Our sports are different. Obviously a lineman isn't going to look like a soccer player. I'm still waiting for examples of all these great players that are overlooked right now because because they aren't marketable or jacked or whatever. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably don't know more than professional scouting coaches and are just pushing some silly agenda.

You're skimming over the part where I said this is our sports culture. Those players are ignored and put into token roles beginning at the youth levels. The few exceptional, mold-breaking players may be allowed to exist up to high school levels but in college they'll be shifted over to their designated roles.

I'll repeat another key point and ask where have the classic Celtics and Jazz team disappear to? Those types of players still can exist but they are not cultivated the way that they could be.

This

CORAL
U
T
E
Y

>treated second class

How? I see this term a lot what's doesn't it mean?

>Look at the world's sports and it's only in America that there's an obsession over having the largest most purely muscular players.

Ridiculous. Point guards aren't scouted that way at all, purely muscular guys like Westbrook are the exception, not the rule. Same goes for hockey, most of those guys aren't that big. Baseball too. When you say "only in America", do you mean "only in football"? Because that's closer to being accurate, but even then it's not true, just look at kickers, punters, QBs, and CBs.

White Americans have some weird cuckold inferiority complex when it comes to black athletes

That's the God's honest truth so there's nothing wrong with saying it.

Except the guy in OP's post is Asian you dumbfuck

Are you an expert in Chinese? Lmao

>Yeah they should just go back to asia wtf it isn't even bad over there

This is a bad translation. Lin is saying that Asian players are underestimated in the NBA. That's a fact.
Some jackass thought it would be more controversial to change "underestimated" to "look down on", and then re-frame the entire story as "people look down on asians!".

its a great way to get clicks

>Google Basketball Americans
>July 2012

>patronizing fake news
Sad!

more like ~12 games

>muh masculinity
are all asian men like this? it seems like they always harp on it

kinda hard not to when whites crack penis jokes 24/7

Also the driving and eating dogs thing that we always let go

It get tiring and we are starting to push back

>when whites crack penis jokes 24/7
>Also the driving and eating dogs thing that we always let go
You sure that's not niggers making these jokes?

No literally 9/10 times its a white dude doing it, especially in highschool

Blacks and Latinos do it but for me 90% of the times its been whites that think "LOL TINY ASIAN DICK" is funny

>high school
Oh that's a great basis for all white people, Zhang. They're negrified zombies who outgrow this eventually.

In college

My current job

The internet

The movies

I've seen it everywhere

Alot from whites, so have others

Check out r/asianmasculinity for more experiences, many of them from white racists

>murrica has no real identity

Says the person who has certainly assumed all Americans are overweight, bible-thumping, burger-eating, gun-toting rednecks and criminals.

America has an incredibly strong identity, you're too busy buying into memes and pop culture bullshit to take note of the fact that everyone who visits here notes some incredibly consistent things about us
>hard working
>friendly
>vocal and loud
>all of us have authority problems with someone or something
>all of us value personal freedom above pretty much everything else
>we have a culture of consumerism
>we are very welcoming and helpful

We take Mexicans and make them Mexican-American within a couple generations so much that they don't even know what Mexico is like anymore. We absorb and distill everything, and then instill Americanism into all of those immigrants. Every immigrant family is so thoroughly Americanized so quickly that they have extreme trouble identifying with their "homeland" unless they return to it regularly. Unlike Europe and despite what the media tries to sell, we integrate people unlike any other culture in the world with the exception of maybe Singapore.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is literally spouting memes and bullshit pop culture. inb4 you spout memes and pop culture to try to prove me wrong

>r/asianmasculinity
You mean that echo chamber filled with thousands of incel Zhangs constantly whining about how everyone is against them? Great argument.

>leddit spacing
>go to this leddit forum
you and your small cock can get the fuck out of here, thanks

Half-Asian here, Lin is a whiny nu-male faggot.

>check out this subreddit guys!!
You have to go back.

Can a white boi get some more pics of that QT asian interviewer already?

which of these are less desired
black women or asian men
im gonna say asian men because some black girls can actually be decent looking, as long as they dont look full kongo african

LOL

I don't give a shit about interracial dating though honestly. I almost exclusively date Latinas. White girls seem to fetishize black guys, and lots of white guys fetishize other races too. Lots of Asian men like white girls. Everybody has their preference.

That asian interviewer is cute as fuck.

>reddit spacing

actually wait, i take it back
a large percentage of black women in america are not only uneducated/belligerent but they're usually overweight on top of already being very unattractive
good news for asian men, you're not the least desired ethnic group, congrats

>r/asianmasculinity
Fuck that circle jerk of losers jacking off to each other's misfortune. These people are seriously fucked up in the head.

no we just talk about what its like to be Asian in the West

Other website are scary. Nice argument

Tell me how this isn't fucked up in the head. And not to mention you're banned for telling people to toughen up and think outside the box for once. Enjoy regressing in your echo chamber though.

>more r/AM cringe

Nice Subreddit you've got there.

triggered eh?

kek asian Sup Forums?

>Jeremey Lin says Americans look down on Asians
He said "Americans, whether basketball players or the public, underestimate us."

Underestimate =/= "look down on"

He is right. White people don't look down at Asians. Considering the US is 23% white there are more haters than lovers.