ARMOND BTFO's PC Libcucks

Based Armond defending butt rapists and blowing virtue-signalling champagne-libcucks the fuck out

out.com/armond-white/2016/12/07/how-last-tango-paris-defined-gay-straight-sexual-revolution

>Our homophobic media ignores the subsequent scenes where Schneider gives Brando an electric shock then fingers his anus.
>And it’s doubtful if the stone-throwing Ava DuVernay, Chris Evans, Jessica Chastain, and other self-righteous halfwits have ever actually seen the movie or appreciated its daring or its greatness. Certainly DuVernay, Evans, and Chastain have never made a film that equals Last Tango.
>In some strange millennial joke, today’s “feminists” who attack Bertolucci and Brando are unable—and unwilling—to appreciate the honesty of Last Tango’s insight. This is the key reason why Bertolucci and Brando’s artistry must be defended against those prigs who argue “feminism” simply to control thought, limit emotion, and censor free expression.
>Certainly, violence is indefensible, but it seems we have entered an era when art is looked upon childishly—as a safe space, with no awareness that creativity and showbiz can be impolite. (Hollywood’s casting couch continues to exploit men, women, and children.) We may be living in the “innocuous” Pixar age, but Last Tango is not a movie for children or for frail and dishonest sensibilities.

>BTFO's

Funny how they call themselves "liberals" but are up in arms whenever someone liberally applies butter to a teenager's anus
Hypocrisy, thy name is PC culture

Is Armond White the only good reviewer left?

Armond's entire article was "it's a good movie so it doesn't count." It's fucking childish especially this part
>And it’s doubtful if the stone-throwing Ava DuVernay, Chris Evans, Jessica Chastain, and other self-righteous halfwits have ever actually seen the movie or appreciated its daring or its greatness. Certainly DuVernay, Evans, and Chastain have never made a film that equals Last Tango.
it's the fucking "if you can't make anything better you're not allowed to criticize" argument, it's fucking youtube comments-tier

Literally 2 pages talking about how great the movie is and not even touching on what Bertolucci did

>Funny how they call themselves "liberals" but are up in arms whenever someone liberally applies butter to a teenager's anus

I hate this board.

It "doesn't count" because no act of rape or digital penetration was performed. None of you fuckwits complaining even saw the scene or read her quote.

>BLOWS THE FUCK OUT'S

>digital penetration

how do I do this pls

i want to sex my waifu

He's our guy.

seething with anger lol

>movie critic judges a movie by his quality and not for the controversy surrounding it
wew that's pretty outrageous, i bet you also think Ben Hur is a shitty movie because a lot of people died while filming.

The same people would probably defend Polanksi.

We'll never know how Schneider feels about doing this scene. But there must be something to it if Bertolucci expressed regret about it.

What disgusts me is when social critics with agendas on all sides make accusations without having a full perspective to further their agendas or get more attention.

It's nice that this brought my attention to such a provocative film and the context behind it.

kek

If she didn't like it then she should've stopped acting and stopped the filming. Making a fuss about it now is equivalent to retroactively withdrawing consent. It's easier because Brando and the director are dead and can't defend themselves. They'd probably just end up doing fake apologies anyway though.

>It "doesn't count" because no act of rape or digital penetration was performed.
yes, it was just violent sexual assault but not genuine rape. That's fine then
>None of you fuckwits complaining even saw the scene or read her quote.
neither did you apparently because it's the director's quote people are talking about, not the actress'

no one's calling the movie shitty, they're criticizing the director for lying and hurting a woman. It's possible to separate the art from the artist if you have an IQ above room temperature

>Brando and the director are dead
In a sense.

She's not making a fuss about anything, she's dead.
The director is the one saying he raped her.

You fucking idiot.

>if you don't like getting sexually assaulted just quit your job
also the director is alive and can defend himself, in fact he's the one who kicked off this whole thing. Why are you here arguing about it if you don't know even the basic facts?

you should leave then

if you didnt find that post funny this place isnt for you

>prescriptivism

Is there anything more pleb-tier?

irreversible

>Concoct an uncomfortable scene where a girl, naked and performing in simulated sex scenes for half the movie, gets butter rubbed on her butt cheeks without prior knowledge
Truly this man is a monster. I feel rage. I FEEL RAGE.

Who?

but he didn't lie or hurt the woman, so you're objectively wrong you fucking nitwit.

Digits = fingers/thumb

I assumed Schneider referred to Rob Schneider. I'm sorry for misunderstanding from only skimming an article.

All jokes aside, he's 100% right.

The definition of consensual rape.

Belluci wanted that abuse documented to show and make people aware of the unseen horror of the trauma of rape.

Maybe Schneider felt the same way. Maybe she didn't. We'll never know.

Funny how this gets more public backlash than Woody Allen's child molesting, Polanski's rape, John Landis' killing children, Bryan Singer's pedo parties and Jodorowsky's rape combined.

In your own words, what happened between Bertolucci, Schneider and Brando?
If you've actually read ANYTHING beyond clickbait article headlines, you'll be able to answer this question.

Why are people talking about this movie again all of a sudden? I knew that the girl had said that she felt uncomfortable doing the scene, but that was a long time ago. Did she say something new, or did someone write an article about it for Buzzfeed and a new generation of liberals heard about the movie for the first time?

Go away faggot

Because all of those are still working today, meaning there's a chance the actors condemning Bertolucci will work with them in the future.
Bertolucci's career has ended, so ragging on him is fair game.

Marlon Brando brutally sodomized her with a stick of butter for 5 days while Bertolucci looked on, laughing, clapping and dancing intermittently.

The bulletin went out to all the agents with high profile celebrities to push this story. You think it's a coincidence there's always several of them that all tweet a similar story at once?

>spreading butter
>literally rape
are americucks really this fucking stupid?

Someone uploaded a video on Youtube where Bertolucci expressed guilt unlikely, he's Italian, he was most likely boasting about the scene and what happened with him, Brando and Schneider.
And in typical liberal fashion, the victim's story goes completely unheard, and the words of the "criminal" are taken completely out of context.

It was literally a scene in a movie. Like a normal one. She knew about it and agreed to do it, even if she was pressured and didn't like it. The only lie was about the use of butter as a prop, which was not used to cross the line from acting sex to real sex

You can call it manipulative or sick but it's not rape or assault

Anything I don't like is rape, shitlord

Shes dead user.

All this mess is because of the director during a interview in which he talks about the scene.

Bertolucci didn't tell Schneider what the scene was until it happened and she was genuinely shocked and afraid while filming it.
I get why he did it to get a more genuine performance, but it's still a shit move that even Bertolucci said probably hurt her emotionally in the long run

>monkey
>our guy

Marvel SJW fuck off

>even if she was pressured
She wasn't pressured, she was told about the scene moments before filming said scene started, but she wasn't pressured.
She FELT pressured and forced to film the scene because she didn't know she could refuse filming the scene because it wasn't in the script originally.

So, she's talked about how she felt pressured and tricked into doing the scene and no one cares. But when the guy apologizes, now they're up in arms?

Americans know a raw stick of butter should be eaten, not wasted.

We eat margarine m8

Pretty much, yeah.
And it's important to realize that many people have taken Bertolucci's words to mean that Brando actually LITERALLY raped Schneider while the cameras were rolling.

When Armond's on point, he's really on point.

Ya but Bellucci knew about it beforehand and it was a performance (and a great one at that). I don't think anyone's debating whether that type of subject matter should be shown on screen or not.

I don't agree with Bertolucci's methods in Last Tango. It's taking an uncomfortable step towards snuff. You have no way of quantifying how much it fucked with Schneider. It's like actually kicking an actor's ass in a scene to obtain a "genuine performance" without telling them about it beforehand - I'd disagree with that too along the same line of logic.

>>And it’s doubtful if the stone-throwing Ava DuVernay, Chris Evans, Jessica Chastain, and other self-righteous halfwits
>and other self-righteous halfwits
BURRRRRRRRRN

CALLED EM OUT BY NAME THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

the article is complaining about how we cant talk about how great the movie is anymore because these faggots will just scream rape and end the conversation there

>I don't think anyone's debating whether that type of subject matter should be shown on screen or not.
You think wrong.

I'm confused, the rape scene was in the script. So Brando improvised putting butter on his hand? Did he like stick his buttered fingers into her ass or something? My understanding was he just put butter on his hand and then grabbed where he was supposed to grab anyways and the shock of feeling butter made her reaction better. As someone who has done some acting and plenty of research into the styles of old actors like this, this doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all unless he was actually molesting her with butter which would be pretty fucked up.

Look, I agree that we should not outright dismiss The Last Tango in Paris. It's a phenomenal movie and no matter what process went into making it, then end result is great art.

And cinema history is rife with instances of mistreatment or controversial material ending up in the final cut. Most of the humor of the silent era would be considered very taboo in our day and age and we must always adjust our perception of a work of art to the historical context in which is was made.

That being said, it's not okay to allow an actor to rape another actor on set. And it's hardly surprising that people feel strongly to reject the movie on the merits that human suffering (rich white actress suffering even!) was used to produce it.

Millionaire actors who live a trendy life of comfort on the backs of billions of laborers (I'll bet a lot of them have iPhones) who have no recourse against power structures they're subjected to probably aren't the best representatives for this idea, but even still people should not be allowed to organize a rape while at work.

Whatever, though. I at least agree with Armond that Last Tango is a great movie. I'd just rather avoid someone calling me a rape enabler or some shit because I enjoy it.

This. He is right in the entire article, altough I do think what Brando and Bertolucci did was wrong, which Armond doesn't seem to think, I disagree with him only on that one. But it doesn't diminish the movie's quality at all.

""""""""""rape""""""""""

>the rape scene was in the script
It wasn't, it was added during filming, Bertollucci and Brando told her about the scene moments before filming said scene.
The butter was probably unknown to Schneider, which sparked her genuine reaction.
No digit went inside any orifice.

Reminder that the woman who claimed to get "raped" also said in the interview that both brando and the director talked to her before shooting the scene and she agreed to it

>rape
>telling an actress about a scene moments before filming is now considered _rape_
Wew lad.

>must be defended against those prigs who argue “feminism” simply to control thought, limit emotion, and censor free expression.

dear god, that was brutal

Then leave faggot.

She didn't claim she got raped.
She said she "felt a little raped" because she felt forced to agree to the scene because she didn't know she could refuse filming the scene because it wasn't in the script originally.

Hmm, that's interesting. In that case I would say that they probably should have informed her more formally about it. It also raises the question, would she have signed up for the movie if such a scene were in the script? Still, in their defense, it doesn't sound like any actual misconduct was had here at least physically. Sounds like a case of bertollucci and brando just playing fast and loose with the script without giving her much warning, but I don't think anything particularly wrong happened here...improv happens.

well played

When exactly did the extreme left become the soccer moms of the new age?

>"felt a little raped"

WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE TODAY?

A BIT RAPEY

>It is ridiculous to accuse Bertolucci and Brando of “rape.” Schneider herself never made that claim. The “act” was just that, an act. Not literal abuse. Certainly, violence is indefensible, but it seems we have entered an era when art is looked upon childishly—as a safe space, with no awareness that creativity and showbiz can be impolite.

That's Armond's take on the act itself. Most of the article isn't about that tho

The director himself said Brando sodomized her with butter without her prior knowledge in an effort to get a more genuine reaction out of her.

In other words, he genuinely wanted her to react as if she was being raped.

I'll take his word on what happened over yours.

Was there penetration?

man, every single thead about this has so much misinformation and ignorance i'm willing to wager Brando's corpse only a handful of you actually researched what led to the current hubbub. however, don't let your ignorance stop you from having an opinion, right, dunces?

What's most offensive about the virtue signalers in response to this isn't even just how they reduce Schrader to a victim for the rest of her life following this, even though Armond lays out how successful she was following Last Tango's release, but how she still finished shooting the film with them because she was committed to seeing a great film be completed. Only for these self-righteous dumbfucks to shit on it because of its production history, effectively throwing her sacrifice for the film into the garbage so they can feel a little bit better about themselves momentarily.

I don't understand. Was butter used as lube or what?

I'm curious. Have any of these people ever tweeted about Polanski or Allen? I'm really interested.

ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10, WITH 3 BEING THE CONSTANT RAPE WOMYN ARE TO SUBJECTED TO AT ALL TIMES IN PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY, HOW RAPED WOULD YOU SAY YOU'RE FEELING RIGHT NOW?

in this case i think thats okay wording , it is a bit creepy but where do you draw the line what happens if the director doesn't tell them about a big scare coming up can you sue for distress?

>as if she was being raped
As if she was being raped =/= being raped

Of course they haven't, they want to be in their films.
Bertolucci is retired, so it's okay to shit on him.
Just wait until Allen and Polanski retire, you'll see some shit being flung.

>“Marlon said to me: ‘Maria, don’t worry, it’s just a movie,’ but during the scene, even though what Marlon was doing wasn’t real, I was crying real tears,” she said.

Can somebody explain to a pleb like me what the fuck they are bitching about? As near as I can tell, he didn't actually do anything. Just pretended to, which is what actors do.

The way the media is spinning it I thought he actually buttered up his shlong and jammed it in her without warning for the sake of the movie.

wait till they hear about the backstage stories for alice in wonderland

>The way the media is spinning it I thought he actually buttered up his shlong and jammed it in her without warning for the sake of the movie.
That's what they think what really happened because they don't actually bother reading the interviews and news concerning this.
But yes, really nothing happened beyond Schneider getting his feelings hurt because she felt forced to agree to the scene, which is completely understandable.

it's like when they make a horror movie and the director doesnt tell the lead that the monster will be jumping out from some area so that they can get a genuine reaction of fear except brando was the monster and schrader got her booty touched a bit

Could the studio sue for defamation? This is clearly damaging them.

>Based Armond

Only on /tvpol/

>getting raped
Do they think Monica Bellucci was raped in Irréversible too?

>The way the media is spinning it I thought he actually buttered up his shlong and jammed it in her without warning for the sake of the movie.
This! Jesus, people might believe Brando wad raping the girl for the film. It's ridiculous.

Captain Halfwit.

Im gonna agree with armond and say that he has never seen the movie

then call me out and make me look stupid or I'm going to keep shitposting about it :^)

>all those Evansposting fags putting all their eggs in the Evansposting basket
>now getting eternally BTFO on a daily basis due to the actors crybaby behaviour
LMAO

This, Sup Forums is only dicksucking Armond because:

A) They're being contrary
B) They're on the internet and they can shitpost about whatever

I'd love to hear some sperg from here try to stutter out a reason why this wasn't sexual abuse without the safety of his keyboard, but that would require you people showering and brushing your teeth.

((()))

>(aka dudes)

the fact that she didn't put 'white dudes' will probably get her a reprimanding for maybe suggesting a POC eyerolled at rape

>literally shaking right now

>The director is the one saying he raped her.

Oh, then it holds little-to-no weight.

You're being cookie cut. You're a sheep.

It's like in Goodfellas where Paul Sorvino slapped Ray Liotta across the face without warning to get an actual reaction for a scene between Henry and Paulie. Certainly an "assault" in the literal sense that they didn't have formal permission to do that exact act, but not really anything severe. This sounds pretty similar, she got butter rubbed on her butt without specifically saying "I agree that I want butter rubbed on my ass", and she felt pretty uncomfortable but put up with it for the sake of the movie and the atmosphere on the set.

no but he's definitely one of the few

He blown the fuck out's?

Are you fuckin retarded?