Why does the new qotsa suck so bad and why is this one still their best

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dX2YfjshpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=8j4EyP9Aezk
youtu.be/SiyACb40TUM
mega.nz/#F!R8lyxBCQ!AqBHzKtribIaMkAvm0lCBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dunno, but I like only Make It Wit Chu from this

cmon man, did you even listen to Songs for the Deaf or Rated R?

Era Vulgaris and Rated R are the best QOTSA albums

of course i have, and era vulgaris, like clockwork and songs for the deaf are the best ones but era vulgaris tops them all

s/t - 7/10 (Just listen to Kyuss)
Rated R - 8/10 (I wish more of their stuff sounded like Better Living Through Chemistry)
SFTD - 9/10 (Remove a few tracks and it could be a 10/10 for me)
LTP - 6/10 (The most inconsistent Queens record)
EV - 7/10 (Basically all the problems of Villains but backed by interesting songs instead of Un-Reborn Again)
LC - 9/10 The best direction change that could have happened. Remove Fairweather Friends and improve the opener and it could be 10/10)
Villains - 4/10 (Jesus what happened? The Way You Used to Do is the only one I love and only in a catachy pop sort of way. Fortress and Villains of Circumstance could have been from Like Clockwork and I like them too. Everything else is boring or only has a few interesting sections like Feet Don't Fail Me. And of course everyone thinks the mixing job was terrible too

i really hope the album after villains is insanely good. i hope villains is just the one bad album almost every band has

s/t 9/10 because awesome riff
Rated R 8/10 because awesome bassline
SFTD 9/10 because awesome drums
LTP 6/10 meh
EV 8/10 because awesome keys/weird sounds a nice experimentation
LC 3/10 only bearable song is smooth sailing. Fuck you Elton John lol
Villains 7/10 lot of previous tricks already used before but still a decent LP. Glad they stoped their whiny piano song and got back to the kind of rock'n'roll that makes girls shake that ass.

Villains is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, it is the worst QOTSA record, but a 7/10 nonetheless

This.

can't agree with you
Like Clockwork is far from an enjoyable record
I mean pic related

what's wrong?

Josh questioning himself about his sexuality makes me sad

It was all fun and games...

Great set of lyrics. They work fantastically in the context of the song.

Villains is not bad. Era Vulgaris is not their best

Only patrician posts in this thread

LOOK AT THIS CLOSETED FAGGOT! What the fuck is wrong with you!? Don't you know Josh is so alpha he could literally film himself getting buttfucked by Elton John that he would still be a great rocker!?

I could never really put all of lyrics from this song into a good theory, but this one somehow makes sense.

I think that's a stretch

>next album is called Heroes
>blows Villains the fuck out

>next album is called Heroes
>it's just a full album cover of David Bowie's Heroes

i always just interpreted it as a primal / animalistic thing

Lol what. When tf was this picture taken?
It's anachronistic, I was fairly sure Oliveri's time in the band never overlapped with Castillo.

>tfw you're probably the only one on Sup Forums who's aoty is villains

why

Era Vulgaris is their most underrated record. Turnin' on the Screw has one of the best riffs of the decade. Villains was okay, not awful but poor by their standards. I still enjoy it.

S/T is literally their best album.

Did I just get a bad rip or is Villains mastered really quietly? I have to turn the volume up higher than most other albums when I listen to it

Do you still have the leaked version? It's actually pretty loud.

Nah I waited until after the album was released, I remember the original leak was shit

its weird that villains is actually growing on me since i made this thread

is 3s & 7s their best song?

No, this is

youtube.com/watch?v=dX2YfjshpAM

why was this not on the original

Rated R >= Songs for the Deaf > S/T > Era Vulgaris > Like Clockwork > Lullabies to Paralyze >= Villains

Nah, Grohl only did a short-ish promo tour for Songs for the Deaf and Castillo took over for the remainder of that touring cycle.

>The tapes got lost. Actually, they were just at another studio, but we falsely accused everyone in the world of theft.--Josh Homme, Rolling Stone interview, Sep 02, 2005
It's from the Lullabies sessions but was released in the lead-up to Era Vulgaris.

Not sure. This should've been as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=8j4EyP9Aezk

makes sense

I really dig the acoustic version of make it wit chu

>Except due to experimentation and overall execution It somehow ends up being better

i downloaded an unmastered studio version of songs from the deaf off WCD years ago. theres a flute solo in the middle of no one knows, no interludes, a couple of other weird differences. i remember in the comments about it on there people were saying how it sounded more live because of the mixing.

The original engineer is this guy.
youtu.be/SiyACb40TUM

share that shit

not that user, but I can do that. I'll also upload some of the singles with rare tracks as well.
mega.nz/#F!R8lyxBCQ!AqBHzKtribIaMkAvm0lCBg

thanks g

Top pleb, sorry to tell you m8