Why is the DCU still not canceled?

Why is the DCU still not canceled?
After Batman & Robin Warner Brothers knew it had to stop making Batman movies because they went to shit.
After Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spiderman 2 Sony stopped making those movies because they went to shit.
After X-men 3, Fox stopped making x-men movies for a while as well.
Why won't WB do the same for the DCU?
Don't say money because Amazing Spiderman 2 made more money than Man of Steel and still killed the franchise.
Is it because Deborah Snyder is a higher up at Warner Brothers and wants to keep her husband employed?
They can't keep making shit movie after shit movie can they?

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/11/doctor-strange-marvel-disney-616-million-box-office
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel716.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They should sell the movie rights to Disney

It's like they have no common sense and they are forcing this universe no matter what.

No they should stop making these movies for a while, then do a total reboot.

I am the night, I Rebel.

>5 posts
>3 IPs
will disneylets ever learn?

>it's another assblasted Marvel shill crying about better movies being better episode

What else would I expect. They're like the mouse, no fucking creativity, originality, or an original thought in their head.

The DCEU still makes money, unfortunately. Not as much as they would like, but it's still financially successful.

The only question is how much longer people will put up with their bullshit. I thought Suicide Squad was going to underwhelm due to how shit BvS was, but the Joker and Harley Quinn are huge draws even if the former isn't actually in the movie, Will Smith too.

So no valid arguments to besides crying about Le Marvel boogieman?

>9 months
>still mad

But like Ops point, Amazing Spiderman 2 made tons of money (more than MOS), and they still canceled everything. Sony had the sense to know when to stop.

>Not as much as they would like
Fuck off, they make money just fine. Money isn't what everything's about.

>B-but muh billions

It's fucking art, not a corporate shill device used to squeeze money out of all the gullible sheep you trick into paying for it. Just because it doesn't make as much per movie as Bill Gates did in his entire life like you faggots like to imply doesn't make it a failure.

At least fucking Snyder knows how to do something artistic and original.

No because Andrew Garfield didn't show up to a meeting to discuss the 3rd movie and the CEO got angry and canned it.
Sony just make retarded decisions all the time.

But see, I like Snyder's films. I hope WB keeps giving him work.

> it's fucking art

KEK

> just because it doesn't make as much per movie

Yeah it's not about the money because these movies still make money. The point is that these movies are bad and badly made with no clue on how to use or portray the source material. It's just a corporate rush job to do what other studios are doing.

Yeah it's not about money

Actually they were still planning ASM3 when the email leak happened. The internal turmoil it caused and the further damage to the terrible image of ASM made them sewk a deal with Marvel. Remember they are only leasing spider-man to Marvel's and are still heavily involved in making the movie. They didn't totally stop.

As for why WB are forging ahead, they've got a shitton of superhoes, not just one like Sony had, they are still hoping the franchise will properly take off. At the moment it's doing well enough to keep going and they still see big potential in it.

Well his wife will make sure he does crapping out these movies even though they are shit. So you have nothing to worry about.

>The point is that these movies are bad

I've yet to see a single satisfying explanation for what makes those movies bad that isn't just outright lying or spouting memes.

Go ahead mousefucker, I dare you to even try to name one thing wrong that isn't lies or memes.

me too

Because they make a lot of money. Like, a lot of money. Who cares if it got a 27% rating when it made a lot of money?

-Bad plots.
-Bad editing
-Bland acting
-Forced emotional scenes that don't work
-Bad world building
-Characters are butchered from source material
-Rushing and cramming stories and characters to catch up.
-Cliché religious symbolism
-Corporate suits ruin movies even further with reshoots and rewrites
- movies are pretty much set piece to set piece with little to no substance. Pretty much nice-looking set Pieces Just to make the trailers look good.

The break in the Batman and X-Men franchises weren't just because of negative critical reception. The studios sensed that people were tired of those movies. They could have kept pumping out Batman movies but they would be less and less likely to make money. So they waited until the previous installments were out of our collective memory and rebooted them when the time was right.

The thing is, with the advent of the MCU, never have comic book movies been so popular. But with Marvel pumping out 2 or 3 movies each year, the comic book movie crash is imminent. Even the popcorn-shoveling masses are beginning to catch on that Marvel are giving them the same movie over and over again, with only a different set of character names. Soon the interest will die.

So what are DC to do? They can either rush out pieces of shit and try to capitalize on the market while it's still there, or they can wait 10 years when this type of movie will seem fresh again, allowing Marvel to reek in all the profits without competition in the meantime.

> they make money just fine
>two most iconic and populat capeshit heroes in the tile
>title itself is literally ticketbait like "deathbattle" youtube video
>hypest movie of 2016
>highest pre-orders
>didn't even break fucking 900 mil
Pathetic

> allowing Marvel to reek in all the profits without competition

But DC's shitty movies are not even competition. All they are doing is damaging the DC name and DC characters. Everyone will remember DC as the shit tier movies.
If anyone is competition its Fox. Deadpool make tone of money and was acted high by the populous. Logan might be similar.
The Monsters universe will likely be a big hit too.
But you bet that if the monsters universe is shit, they will have the sense to stop making movies unlike DC.

Forgot to quote this post

I hope this is a bait reply because if it isn't, it's the most pathetic and sad thing I've ever heard.

>dare someone to name legitimate flaws with BvS, and not memes, in the hopes that someone in the Marvel camp will finally grow a brain and be able to prove the thing they've been spamming for fucking months on end

>get memes in response

I'm not sure what else I expected desu. Now hurry up and leave the basement, I think I hear mommy telling you dinner's ready.

>IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY GOY

it's art dingbat, not that someone who likes Marvel would understand something like that. It's not about the money.

because retard fanboys will always make excuses for shitty super hero movies and the studios know these people will keep showing up and giving them money no matter what garbage they put out. capeshit are the main reason that modern day cinema has turned into utter shit. they have single handedly lowered the bar

Capeshit is cancerous

I was just answering to
> they make money just fine
You mong. BvS also failed as "art" as well. Everyone already forgot about this trash except few Sup Forums fags. Only memoralbe thing for people is MARTHA there.

>BvS also failed as "art" as well.

DO yourself a favor and either get a trip so I can filter your shitty opinions, or just kill yourself so the rest of the world can be spared.

You'd like that don't you you shill fuck?

>people still falling for this bait

jesus christ

>being this assblasted
Hilarious.

>Only memoralbe thing for people is MARTHA there.
Right, which is why people won't shut the fuck up about BvS while there's literally no one talking about any Marvel movies.

Face it, the MCU is a fucking disaster and is very dangerously close to collapsing any second. Doctor Strange is already sending Marvel into a fucking panic, the next movie will end them.

>Facts are bait

When I have to deal with "people" who still pretend Marvel is worth spending money on over actually GOOD movies like Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, I have a right to be slightly annoyed. No more than that though, Marvel drones haven't earned the right to more than that.

>Everyone already forgot about this trash except few Sup Forums fags
>he says in his antiBvS daily thread where he gets destroyed every single day

Knowing Elegant Kings

Holy shit. You can stop your obvious baiting. You are not fooling anyone.

>Sup Forums
>people
Yeah, right.
Also I haven't even mentioned marlel. I don't care about this sjwverse, you crying pleb. I want superior universe to have deserved superior adaptation. But we got dark-filtered marlel copy with cheap symbolism instead.
>mad edgykids trying to prove bvs is not shit
>I s-aid d-destroyed!
Pathetic

>You are not fooling anyone.

>He says angrily pounding what's left of his keyboard, completely enraged at the very idea that someone on the internet doesn't like his shitty Marvel flicks

>I want superior universe to have deserved superior adaptation. But we got dark-filtered marlel copy with cheap symbolism instead.

Fuck off, DC kino is fine as it is.

The Mouse basically offered them free money: half of the cut of a new spiderman flick with le Quirky Quippy Money Printing Manlet they won't even finance.

> Le Marvel boogieman

I didn't mention Marvel. And what does that have to do with the DC Universe being shit?

>Pathetic, kiddo!

I know you guys are a disney shill because I cringe with these posts like I do seeing those awful movies.

But seriously, the MCU is done after Infinity Wars. It's already showing signs of fatigue if you know where to look. Doctor Strange underperformed hard and probably costed money, Civil War made less money than AoU (besides the guaranteed Iron Man billion, but RDJ won't do this shit forever, the guy must have enough to juice himself to death 90 times already) even with fucking Spiderman. The new Spiderman looks like fucking shit and it has the Sony curse written all over it.

WB are smart to keep alive the DCEU because it's going to be main capeshit universe by 2020 or before. Besides making 2 billions in three movies, of course

>It's fucking art, not a corporate shill device used to squeeze money out of all the gullible sheep you trick into paying for it

There is no evans_laughing.webm anymore that does this post justice

No, it's not. It was supposed to crush marlel, but it lost to FUCKING CIWIL SKIRMISH. Squad was supposed to be first and cool capeshit about badass villains, but we've got
>WE WAZZ HEROZZ AN SHIT
Instead.
It's disgrace to such great universe. DCEU has potential to be fucking epic and superior in all terms, but WB wanted money so hard that they didn't care about Goyer writing horrible scenario, Snyder didn't understanding shit about DC universe and Ayer working with nu male Joker.
>I know you guys are a disney shill
Stopped read here. You can be as delusional as much as you want, but I'm sure I love and know DC better than you know how to suck cocks.

How did Dr Strange underperform?

‘Doctor Strange’ Becomes Marvel’s Biggest Single-Character Debut Film With More Than $600M

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/11/doctor-strange-marvel-disney-616-million-box-office

God I hope they reboot everything somehow, Snyder is the worst motherfucking director working today and a total corperate sellout whore. The only reason why he has a job is because he's married to a producer at WB. Any fucktard who likes him or his garbage is an idiot. WB is run by dumbasses, so thats why they wont reboot everything.

I agree with this and I'm a DC fan.

MoS and BvS are the only worthwhile capeshit to be made so far.

>How did Dr Strange underperform?

Domestically and hard.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel716.htm

And got more money from product placement than any marvel movie, and sold more merch than any marvel movie, especially among adults.
You are a Fucking idiots that doesn't understand that tickets are not the only way to make money

I feel like it's more like WB planned too far ahead and can't afford to drop everything and start all over again. They have movies planned for at least the next 4 years in this universe. Who knows if they'll even last that long though.

MoS was amazing. BvS Extended was very good.

Compare the cinematography of both films alone to any Marvel film....

Marvel makes movies to watch once. DC/WB makes movies that require repeat viewings.

>plebs get mad that DC won't shitty meme-action films with their favourite superheroes
>plebs get mad that the only films featuring batman and superman force them to actually think
>plebs think the world should pander to their plebbitude
top kek guys

>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel716.htm

Explain how a movie that cost 165$ million to make and currently stands at $640 million so far is under performing.

Explain how a movie meant to make plebs think has a climax that includes punching a cgi monster in the face and blowing shit up until it dies?

Reshoots + marketing + not getting shit from the China box office

>implying that studios give a fuck about domestic profits opposed to internatiomal

Kek. Not that domestic doesnt matter, but movies can fail in america, but do crazy numbers worldwide. Try harder dccuck.

>hurr one thing happened and i didn't like it so there's no way anything in an almost 3 hour film could possibly make you think
pleb logic everyone
PROTIP if you weren't an idiot, you wouldn't have to ask that question

Wew, selling toys sure shows how good and popular among people movie is.

>likes Snyder's entry-level directing
>likes Goyer's script
>calls other people plebs

>w-we love China

Meanwhile DC movies don't even get released there. /ourguys/ all the way baby

its made almost 4 times its budget so far.
huge failure right.
DCucks not even once

>if i call it entry-level i sound smart despite having no idea what the fuck im talking about
Do you know you're a pleb or are you just in a state of denial?

If you werent such a faggot, you would know that two resonable people would discuss their problems with eachother, not beat the shit out of eachother. Imagine if 2001 ended with a stupid fucking fight scene. Go suck snyders dick fagbag.

>already some of the highest grossing movies of all time
>first 3 dc movies have made much more than the first 3 mcu movies
yeah OP don't get into any business it's seems to go over your head.

>underperforms = huge failure

But I guess BvS flopped right?

>that much projecting
Stay mad, kiddo. No one believes Snyder's rape of most iconic capeshit heroes were good. Mediocre at best.

You ar a fucking retard

t. marvelcuck

First 3 DC movies features the worlds most popular and famous heroes and villains.

First 3 Marvel movies featured B and C list characters from Marvel that were popular.

How retarded are you?

>already some of the highest grossing movies of all time
>having most popular and iconic capeshit heroes and villains
>lost to almost every 2016 animted shit and memepol
>"business"

>marvelshills getting their asses handed to them AGAIN

Shitty job you guys have

> Meanwhile DC movies don't even get released there.
I know we are all shitposting ironically here, but goddammit I can't stop laughing at this.
The thought of some idiot actually saying this proudly cracks me up.

****First 3 Marvel movies featured B and C list characters from Marvel that were NOT popular.

I hate all capeshit you dumbfuck

this.

DChads are taking over capeshit

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
WE ARE IN CHARGE HERE

They're making lots of money. That's why.

>it didn't end the way it would have in my autistic brain
>so it's shit!!
great argument fagtron

Capeshit wasn't popular back then, tho.

Hell, if it wasn't for Marvel, DCU wouldn't have ever existed. Batman v Superman would've bombed so hard, it would've killed the capeshit genre for a decade or two.

> films that make you think meme

Snyder films are crash course on base level philosophical themes that makes retards feel smart, but also has giant fights filled with digital explosions to satisfy their thirst for childish nonsense. To the pseudo-intellectual bro, it provides everything they want and more by also being universally disliked and therefore the ideal choice for contrarians and trolls.

In short, it's a meme movie for idiots.

I suppose they need their champion just like everyone else, and that happens to be Zack Snyder. It's just unfortunate for the rest of us that he's such a truly atrocious filmmaker that attracts the worst kind of person and he simply will not go away.

>No one believes
People who aren't idiots tend to recognise the genius of the ultimate edition
All you're doing is loudly proclaiming that you were too stupid to enjoy it

Funny thing is, Snyderfags should praise marlel for making connected capeshit universe popular. I blame marlel for doing this shit to genre. But Snyderfags somehow managed to hate mouse for being more succesful in thing that they've invented and planned for years, unlike WB.

Also Marvel didnt own its most popular characters.
Their first 3 movies were about non popular C and D list characters.

DC used their A grade super popular characters for their first 3 movies.

>Snyder films are crash course on base level philosophical themes that makes retards feel smart, but also has giant fights filled with digital explosions to satisfy their thirst for childish nonsense
Except this isn't true because everyone complained that they couldn't follow the (explained) story. And everyone also complained that there wasn't enough action for a film called Batman Versus Superman
But yeah, make strawman arguments and then refute them to pretend to be smart

>People who aren't idiots tend to recognise the genius of the ultimate edition
All you're doing is loudly proclaiming that you were too stupid to enjoy it
I can say that shit about literally every movie, you mong. You don't have any decent argument why this movie is above average. All you have is cheap symbolism crap which not helping terrible plot, dialogs and editing.

>completely corperate blockbuster made only to set up sequel movies and advertise products
>gets shit reviews
>Sup Forums loves it
>CAPEKINO SNYDER IS A GENIUS HOLY SHIT TOO SMART FOR AUDIANCES FUUUCCK

No wonder you suck snyder cock. You are to stupid apreciate marvel films. I hate disney by the way, but at least GOTG was well made, unlike snyder shit. Off yourself superfag.

Yeah Superman is so hugely popular that he had zero (0) succesful movies to his name, one if we count batman vs superman

Also doing Miller's batman means the popularity of the character was going to play against the movie, as it happened

It's sad and embarrassing when DCucks type up those paragraphs that they are parroting from other retards like Armond, and their theories have nothing to do with the writers or directors intentions.

yeah we can thank marvel for starting it off. however DChads are finishing it.

we've taken the marvel method and improved upon it. we beat the marvelcucks at their own game.

>everyone
>normies complained because script didn't explained shit if you don't know about DC universe and plot is overwhelmed with unnecessary shit like nightmares, Lois retarded investigation and JL teasers. Also not enough action
>fans complained that as adaptation BvS is pure crap because it has nothing to do with acutal DC universe and it's heroes
Well, only edgykids who like pretentious flicks were satisfied.

>literally "i didn't get it so it's bad"

Haha oh wow I thought people not understanding BvS was a Sup Forums meme

I still want to see how affleck would do in a stand-alone batman movie, with as little snyder influence as possible.

but other than that it'll take some insanely good word of mouth to get me to watch any of the other planned dc movies.

>yeah we can thank marvel for starting it off. however DChads are finishing it.

> we've

kek

> improved upon it

ding ding ding ding ding
Martha
Is she with you?
Jolly Rancher mouth rape
HONKA HONKA
I think he kinda hot
BBBBOOOOOYYYYYSSSS!!!
I need friends
I hear you talk to fish

this.

i only watch marvel flicks. i love giving them money and just turning my brain off

>snyder and WB thought these were funny

calm down marvelcuck you had your time DChads run this game now.

Making mad bank