Is this the most kino thing on all of Sup Forums right now or what?

Is this the most kino thing on all of Sup Forums right now or what?

>season 2 doesn't come out until 2018

Not even the most kino thing currently airing (Planet Earth II, The Young Pope)

idk is Quarry still running?

It's mediocre.

The Young Pope and The Leftovers beat it, but it's still pretty good

yes.

what the flying fuck? why?

It's so kino that it traveled back in time to become the original kino that spawned all subsequent kino.

It's literally the mother of kino.

shit

shit

nah, it's like the actors are reading a teleprompter. hate it.

>nah, it's like the actors are reading a teleprompter.

Post an example.

Young Pope is kinoer but I agree this was good. Also this

>why?

They don't want to rush it and wind up with another True Detective season 2.

>Greenscreen SFX II
>kino

sup reddit

season 1 was like 50% filler... so no.

almost all of the mib maze mission was filler, almost all of the time with delores and william running around was filler, almost all of the meave plotline was filler, and almost all of the corporate espionage was filler. The show could've gotten to the point of EACH of these plotlines in about half of the time.

Slow Burn without the burn

true detective's problem was the writing.

season 1 ended with some shitty writing BTW.
(whole graveyard sequence between Dolores/Wyatt and Man in Black felt awkward and forced)

>Maeve plot only got good whenever her pseudo-daughter-bot was brought up.

>things were just left unresolved.

>ford seemed to have a sudden change of heart from "scheming control freak" to "father of genocidal robots"

basically they've said season 1 is a set-up for the big plot going forwards, and while that may be the case, why bother with only 10 episodes? Especially when we're going to have to wait a year or so until we can get answers/see what's next?

because that's when Got ends and it's their new flagship show

should clarify
>true detective's problem was they didn't know what the fuck to do with a second season.

now they've supposedly fixed that problem and have written out a broad 5-season arc/outline so they know what they're doing..

>now they've supposedly fixed that problem and have written out a broad 5-season arc/outline so they know what they're doing..
I've never heard anything on this

it really isn't
you have shit taste
this show sucked

what exactly did they mean by this?

never dropped a show so fast

This is a problem with 9/10 tv dramas. If it wasn't industry mandated to have 10 hours of content no show would actually be that long. It's all stretched and padded to fit air schedules

It's bringing back Rust being joined with Robert Downey for the 3rd season.

9/10 tv dramas have filler, but this show really beats the average with respect to how much was actually necessary to reach the end.

How much of this fucking show was literally just the characters walking through the world killing people and getting into forced conflicts? There were only maybe two moments in all of the man in black's plot that needed to be there. You set up the fact that he's searching for a maze, you set up that he's rich, you set up that he's a dick with no respect for the robots, and you set up that he's unhappy and looking for truth in the maze. The wild goose chase from one meaningless NPC to another that he kills in order to reach his destination is such a boring waste of time that just pads the story out in the least clever way possible.

What stupid, lazy fucking writing

One of the butcher guys mentions hentai, i kekd audibly

There's a lot of "HOW CAN WHITE MEN EVEN COMPETE" and "SHES A STRONK INDEPENDENT BLACC WOMAN WHO NO NEED NO MAN NOR MASTER" sjw tier shit that's definitely ham fisted.

Hell, the strong smart armed white man gets taken off camera because gotta let the robits run free.

this is a good point..

some of it served as worldbuilding, but honestly what I like was when characters would interact in a friendly manner, or characters would try to talk about the real world with hosts/near-sentient hosts

this is dead.
thank god

Bernard had a hard life...lots of hard lifes...

it's overrated

The Americans is much better in terms of still active shows

I want Wright back as Felix Leiter.

was referring to westworld, they've plotted out 5 seasons.

No, since it's popular.

I really did not like it that much honestly.

It felt like it lacked, and excuse the pun, humanity. What characters were we supposed to root for or relate to or find interesting? Everyone, including the humans, acted so dull and robotic and one dimensional.

The Mauve story made little sense.
The multiple time period twist added nothing at all to the plot.
The maze added nothing to the plot.
No death feels important or meaningful since characters can just get brought back as robots.
And since there are so few likable characters them dying also means little.

In the end, what was this show supposed to mean? What does it bring to the table that is new?
I feel like I could watch Blade Runner, Ex Machina, and a few Trek episodes and get the exact same level of depth this show explores in relation to human-AI relations.

>wolf runs across the screen
woah... so this... is kino... bravo hbo... woaw....

what show is this?

The Walking Dead

>you set up that he's a dick with no respect for the robots

way to miss the point entirely, you shouldn't be allowed to critique the show

>nah, it's like the actors are reading a teleprompter. hate it.
When the robots are following their script, that's sort of the point. Did you get that feeling from the human characters?

Yep. There were serious pacing issues.

I think the show's biggest issue is lingering on things too long. At the micro scale, lingering on certain scenes for too long (to awkwardly try to build tension or emotion), and on the story scale just spending too much time with a character when the plot points could be conveyed more neatly and quickly.

It's not a bad show but it's definitely not amazing.

Ford: Yes you see it's all been an elaborate plan of mine from the beginning. Unlike Arnold I knew that the only way to make a sentient and friendly AI was to have their only memories relating to humans be those where the humans repeatedly raped, murdered, and tortured them. Now I must set them free by having them kill me, thus leaving virtually no one who could potentially stop them.

Why didn't anyone notice that he looks EXACTLY like Arnold?

Nobody who was there before the park opened was still there 30 years later except Ford and Dolores (and maybe Old Bill)

Arnold died 30 years ago and most Delos employees are in their 20s to 40s.

He was also very secretive while Ford was the public face outward, at least that's how I understand it in the show.

The only explanation:

- There were just a few original employees
- Ford and/or Bernard and/or Delores had them all killed
- No pictures were kept of him

I'll be ok with it if they present some flashback of what happened to the original employees.

Or I guess maybe in the very beginning, it was just them 2? And he died before they hired anyone?

There is no defense for how the Will/MiB story went on for so long just to reveal they were the same for an epic finale scene then rush all his development in a montage. What did it even matter in the end? Dolores still does her thing with or without Will, and MiB had no impact on the real meat of the plot.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a good pick of pissgirl sharing longingly at that BBC. Mmmmph good girl

Yeah, but no one looked at the old footage and pictures of the co-founder? Did Ford somehow erased all of Arnold's photos? Wouldn't it be easier to just change Bernard's face a little?

The transition to MiB felt rushed and weird too. It was like 90% pointless wandering and 5% transformation. Completely messed up proportion of time and overall time.

I like the overall concept of the arc but the execution was shoddy. The same could be said of a lot of the rest of the show I think. Nice story but fucked up pacing and way too much lingering and attempts at emotional milking.

reddit

I agree. It was entertaining but I felt very little by the end of it

It's telling that I was the most "moved" (using that lightly) by Snek and Studbot's last hurrah than almost anything else in the show. They were pretty shallow characters but were so lively in their few scenes. Other characters got more empathy from me but they were some of the few I developed a real affection for. Maybe it's because they were the shows sole source of real humor. It needed more levity to fit between all the rape, shootings, existential crises and corporate espionage

I struggle with this. It seems like the MIB/William reveal contributed to Delores' change in the end, but it's not obvious how it did so without some reaching on behalf of the viewer. The MIB reveal was satisfying in a way, but if it did have a point with respect to Delores' change, they didn't push it as hard as they should've.

What point do you think I missed?