UK Cinema rate thread?

UK Cinema rate thread?

They all seem to be going downhill, our Cineworld looks like it was furnished in the 90's and is never fucking clean.

£9.something for a cinema ticket to sit in a sticky chair with lackluster sound and screen.

But are the other chains any better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfW-MPUjC_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that the one in Wood Green?

Yeah not my local one, just the first that came up on google images.

>But are the other chains any better?
My local is a Vue and they don't even pop their own popcorn there. It's disgusting. I see them shipping it in on pallets

That's pretty fucking shitty.

are there even any non-chain cinemas in the UK?

Assuming you also live near an IMC or Odeon cinema.
In my case I'm stuck with the suburban ones. They are monumentally awful where the screens a most definitely lackluster, mostly in the sense I am no longer surprised when they malfunction.

We have an Odeon the next town over but it was in a shitty location and is very old now, a Vue opened up nearby which has basically killed it. Vue is fucking stupidly expensive though. You need to remortgage your house if you want to watch a film and get a drink/popcorn.

I've gone to live in Northern England as a student, coming from Northern Ireland, and I'm shocked at how long the adverts are. I thought we have it bad, but over here adverts last 30+ minutes - it's insane.

Where are you at? I'm in Middlesbrough.

And yeah the adverts are fucking terrible, we arrive 30 mins late and they're still going.

My girlfriend works at Cineworld so she and a +1 (me) get to watch films for free. The Cineworld by us is also pretty great.

Shame there's fuck all worth seeing

Manchester

There's a place in Manchester called 'Home'. It seems to be a cinema (as well as a place for theatre, art, etc) that shows a few big blockbusters, but also indie films and older movies.

Quite a cool place, I'd go more often if I had the time.

Aside from the few decent IMAX screens, chain cinemas are generally dogshit. The quality of the presentation is so low now and TVs are getting so insanely high end that there's less and less reason to go the cinema anymore.

Once you can get 4K HDR sets above 55" with either OLED or conventional panels with good dimming and 1000nit brightness for a reasonable price, it'll be pretty easy to get a better quality picture at home than all but the most high end cinemas. At that point, I doubt I'll go the cinema again except for huge tent pole releases that I can't wait for.

NEC Cineworld, recently built and it was very nice.

>Amc

>assigned seats
>electric recliners
>comfy leather

now they just have to ban babies and they will be le ubermensch theater

its good to see they're improving but like previous commenter said, its probably too little too late. People just watching shit at home on massive tellys

its good to see they're improving but like previous commenter said, its probably too little too late. People just watching shit at home on massive tellys

if plebs knew they could get a decent projector for the same price as a gaming console that would be the final nail in the theaters coffin

The one closest to me is the Vue in Thurrock Lakeside and it's pretty good.

I've also noticed that the showtimes are bonkers aswell and whats shown is so limited.
There was an indie cinema once in town but it got shut down. The only decent arthouse cinema isn't on any bus/tram route from my area.

I've also noticed that the showtimes are bonkers aswell and whats shown is so limited.
There was an indie cinema once in town but it got shut down. The only decent arthouse cinema isn't on any bus/tram route from my area.

youtube.com/watch?v=CfW-MPUjC_0

Vue was pretty good last time I went to one, which was like 10 years ago

And know you didn't link the comment but is till kek'd

I remember when the nearby Cineworld opened. They used to put so much effort into it. Christmas decorations were amazing, they had a giant christmas tree in the middle of the foyer and loads of fake presents underneath.

Now it's a shadow of its former self. The ticket booths aren't even used now, you get your ticket at the food kiosk.

Much prefer the Showcase Cinema De Lux that's nearby. Fucking gorgeous and the screens are massive. But I miss the IMAX Cineworld I was near when I was still at uni. In fact I miss the based independent cinema I lived near while at uni even more....

i like the sound systems that cinemas have which aren't viable for a home setting (when you've got neighbours).

>tfw I missed watching Shinkai's Your Name in cinemas

Manchester Tier:

1. HomeMCR
2. Odeon Printworks
3. Vue Lowry
4. Cineworld Didsbury
5. Odeon Trafford Centre
6. Belle Vue Showcase Cinema
999999. AMC Manchester

York Tier:
Picturehouse City Screen > Vue Clifton Moor > Reel (Never been but it looks old as shit)

who /coatbridge/ here

Our Showcase looks like that, everyone says its decent on the inside but I don't want to waste £10 to be disappointed.

The Cineworld in Stoke is actually really nice. £5 for all tickets too so that's a plus

Stoke itself is a massive shit hole though so it balances it all out

I went for a job at Bet365 and couldn't believe how shitty the city was, and I'm from Birmingham.

Saw Akira in the cinema.

Worth every penny.

>me on the left

Tell me about it. They're finding bodies in the park round here on an every other week basis.