Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense...

Wait, why wasn't the chair hologram too? Wouldn't that make more sense? I imagine it took a bit of time to calibrate it properly so he was exactly in the right position it looks like he's naturally sitting on the chair. Must have taken time on both ends. Lots of rearranging and going back and forth until it's exactly right. Could have just made the whole chair hologram and avoided the issue entirely. You'd think a civilization advanced enough to build a literal floating city in the sky and a blade runner high-concept scifi city with hundreds of thousands of flying cars and no car crashes would be able to figure this out.

that's his chair though

That's the same chair on his spaceship?

what is it some standard issue jedi chair?

the sheer amount of credits the Jedi would have access to is a point deliberately left out in core canon. Like any large bureaucracy they wasted more money than most outer rim planets had access to.

They would have to remove the chair every time he was away, then move it back when he returned. A lot more effort than a little bit of calibration

Star Wars is for children, who knew?

Because then there wouldn't be a chair for him to sit in when he was actually fucking there?

He sits in it when he's there. He wasn't there at that moment.

What a dumb question.

Nobody here wants to hold your hand and walk you through all the physics and philosophy involved, so I'll just direct you to the wookiepedia page for Jedi chairs and leave it at that.

the body is actually CG for aesthetics

>ayoooo wah bout da wookees mutha fucka
What did he mean by this?

How exactly did the Jedi make money? It's not like real religions where followers give donations, or cults that extort money. These are monks with the best and largest real estate in the galaxies capital

funded by the state i guess since they are basically space police

they were funded by the republican government

how exactly did sheev form the empire again? he was the chancellor but how does let him do whatever the hell he wants without a vote?

They're funded by government at that point in history.

he used the jedi attack on him as a falseflag to say they instigated the war, since most normal people didn't like force users already and then used the political instability and his influence on the senate to reformulate the republic into the first galactic empire. His war time powers are far more broad than say the U.S president's during war time. Which is why the Jedi wanted him to give up his political powers that the war gave him.

Episode 2 goes into it quite a bit and so does Episode 3 where Mace/yoda talk about how he has managed to stay in power longer with more powers than any leader in their history.

It's the jedi council, they all have their own seats. It's sort of like when a superior court judge hearing a case can't show up so they drop an iphone in his chair and facetime him.

Because it's a kids movie, you see.

also jar jar convinced the senate to give sheev emergency powers.

however im not sure how that retarded speech from an unelected would convince them.

and also who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put jar jar in any position of power

He wasn't unelected, he was a representative in the Senate for Naboo.

so he actually won an election?

Yeah, that's what happens when you let fucking swamp nigger gunga vote.

>ou'd think a civilization advanced enough to build a literal floating city in the sky and a blade runner high-concept scifi city with hundreds of thousands of flying cars and no car crashes would be able to figure this out.
Or maybe, genius, a civilization advanced enough to do all that shit could also have his hologram sitting in the chair without all the imaginary effort you concocted.

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M