How come Europeans see Brits differently than we do?

How come Europeans see Brits differently than we do?

All the Brits that come here are cultured

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DdVYhRfOUsg
youtube.com/watch?v=1MKVd5hbEZI
thesun.co.uk/news/3982025/magaluf-violence-replaces-sex-british-holidaymakers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fantasy vs reality

Because the brits that can visit other countries outside of europe are not a representative of the majority

Similar thing happens with gypsies

Brits are dumb midgets.

Europeans are close enough to experience the English
Americans (some Australians are the same here) base it off TV shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who instead

Not really, we have British expats too.

exapts alone aren't really enough to dispel the myth

Most of the Brits who visit the US are pretty eloquent and friendly.

You'd think the Europeans would like the Brits more for teaching them English

Britain's trash are attracted to continental Europe due to the relaxed social attitudes towards drugs, good weather, relatively low prices, parties and it's proximity. You can literally buy air tickets from the UK to continental Europe for less than a train ticket from NYC to Philly.

I'm saying they live up to the myth. All the ones I've met are very kind.

>how europeans see englishmen

youtu.be/DdVYhRfOUsg

They don't treat you like trash because you are basically their brothers.

yeah dunno what it's like in America, but we get a real mixed bag here

you deal with the 1% that are educated or upper-class.

its the same reason brits are despised abroad for being trashy arrogant cunts while americans are loved and thought of as "nice, respectable, kind" people. because the shitty ones don't have a chance to go abroad.

jealousy mostly

Poor and lower class tourists go to Europe and the "party spots" of East Asia
The richer / Upper class go to better and more exotic places.

It literally costs £70 to get to a containment zone in Spain or Greece

Who are getting degrees at universities or have high paying jobs

I don't understand how people haven't figured out our class system by now

They just pretend like the serfs in their countries aren't as bad

That cheap? Brits just seem much more worldly than the average American does

I'll not say ours are good, but I'd say the eastern european ones are worse by virtue of not having an upper class since they all fucked off to western europe or russia
probably because we live closer to most of europe than you by no small distance
As it's been said before, it's stupidly easy and cheap to go to somewhere with a thousand years and more of culture
less easy now we'll not have many friends in europe, but that's the way it is

Because of football they can name places in europe.

Yes, and?

For the ones that want to travel they can get a train ticket to Europe for £30-40 or fly anywhere within it for under £100. Where are Americans going? Mexico, Canada? Shit I couldn't even get an internal US flight for sub $100 when I was there last trip.

both are real
they're called the middle class and the working class

This. Travelling as far as America requires spending money that the lower class can't really afford, who instead travel to Europe cheaply as mentioned earlier in the thread.

OP Pic basically shows middle / upper class compared to the general public. Also, football hooligans are much more likely to be witnessed in Europe.

this
I learnt all of my geography from football manager

Google
>anglicy w krakowie

Go watch german tourists. They let their autism spiral out of control on vacation

muh trenches

your upper/middle class are some the most liberal PC garbage i've met. they try way, way too hard in taking in the worst aspects of american liberalism that american liberals only pay lip service to.

i've met a few decent ones though that went to real elite schools like eton.

>brits
>englishmen

You haven't met any upper class persons, then
You'd be forgiven for thinking so, but most of what people see as upper class is just middle class cunts pretending they're more than they are
The real top lads are all either insane or want the empire back with all the trimmings of wogs, nogs, indians, etc

Are American tourists any better than British ones?

Abroad, Americans are really fucking loud and obnoxious and are surprised people can speak other languages that aren't English

At least in here, people see them as left pic + Harry Potter + immigrants + Queen. Thats literally all we know about Brits.

American tourists here are, by comparison, louder and a tad obnoxious but they're fairly harmless and generally very nice compared to say Russians or the Chinese.

Awfully white for a Brit, no?

All you really need to know about it, desu
anything more and you'll just be dissapointed, so if you keep up with anything make it the royals and whatever rubbish they're up to lately
Only interesting thing happening in this country besides all the awful politics

You're not from Prague are you? I saw plenty of working class brits up to drunken shenanigans there

>all brits are pseudofascists

you don't actually believe this do you? you guys seem to think you have a good understanding of america and go out of your way to show you "arent racist, chauvinistic ignorant" like those americans while at the same time walk into a ghetto without thinking you'd be beat up.

you guys are basically the sheltered suburban white kids who are meeting new non-white people for the first-time imo despite living in a non-white country.

Continental Europeans > Brits > Americans

You rightfully see them as your betters while we see them as our inferiors

and you're retarded

expats are usually top tier citizens compared to their fellows that stayed at home

I hate meeting American tourists abroad. Here, I get it but abroad they're so fucking chatty and always wondering what part of America you're from

Man I went abroad to not think about the States.

How about the Brit expats in Spain?

same

How am I retarded? In that comment chain, did I say anything contrary to that idea?

I'm from Prague, there are several anglos living in my neighborhood. I was just saying the general opinion, not mine.

I actually focus my studies on british history and am a huge britboo. Its so fucking sad to see how far you fallen

>>all brits are pseudofascists
No, all upper classmen are
The upper class is a very small group of people, user
When I say top lads, I don't mean like top blokes, great chums, I mean the people on the top of the country, the rich upper class cunts

Now I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say because I'm a moron, but I invite you to look up the racial demographics in Scotland

I'll remind you some basic things you americans seem too lazy to realize by yourselves

>poor/young average people generally can only afford traveling near where they live, so while richer people can afford having enough time/money to go to places like america the poorer ones just buy a cheap ticket and hop on a ryanair flight and go to other european countries instead

>english is only spoken in the UK in the whole of europe, british people won't speak the local language of the place they go to, just like americans when travelling
>by not speaking the local language they tend to keep to themselves when they fail to make friends with a couple of people trying out their english, and because of this you often see like 10 british guys together getting drunk and by doing this they tend to cause trouble

>this kind of british tourist person generally go abroad in order to do do the things he won't do otherwise in britain, so they create weird situations every now and then

>there are lots of soccer leagues in europe and it's not that far away within europe for you to go with hundreds, even thousands of other people to soccer games abroad, and sometimes it can get violent

>when it's summer the british go to every sunny beach they can find in europe, and then all of this goes on until autumn

The list can go on, but I think you can get the whole idea at this point

British people going to america:
>spend several hours on a plane
>have to think over the travel long term because there are no cheap hostels, public transport is shit and he's going to find himself a decent car unless he's heading to places like new york or something
>the trip is going to be expensive compared to traveling through europe and it won't reach its full potential if the traveler is only staying for a few days

It's natural that the kind of british tourists you get to see in america are very different from those in europe

On the other hand, americans tourists are the same everywhere they go

I learned a lot from Peep Show.

youtube.com/watch?v=1MKVd5hbEZI

You'll find no real love for britain in me. Not for moralities sake, just general sense
Our only real profitable buisness is arms, but we don't invest in it
We have all this oil but we refuse to use it properly, so we're indebted to the sauds instead of the other fucking way round as it should be since we were the ones that made them into a fucking country in the first place
We could be leading the world still, but we just constantly privatise and sell off anything that could keep what little influence we have left
I understand not wanting to be a colonial power, but surely people want to keep at least some of the benefits

That's kind of normal for most nationalities. I went to a bar in NY and met a girl literally from my area and you just naturally get talking.

What is different though is that you guys really wear your opinions on your sleeves. Having visited and driven across the country a few times people just love discussing just about anything with no holds barred so I always get a different perspective on things.

cute doggo

>this thread

Until very recently it was quite dear to travel to America.
My parents basically saved their whole lives to afford a trip to Florida for instance.
Extremely (excessively) cheap flights to Europe are what's bred this horrible Ryanair culture.

>We could be leading the world still,

No, you really couldn't be. Not with your population.

Most of this I agree with, but
>there are lots of soccer leagues in europe and it's not that far away within europe for you to go with hundreds, even thousands of other people to soccer games abroad, and sometimes it can get violent
It's really rather unfair to call football hooliganism and violence a british problem
Every european country has retards in the hundreds of thousands who like nothing more than a good piss up at a crowded pitch to warm up for a proper tussle
I will admit that we're closer to the eastern europeans than the western in our behaviour, but still

>Let me tell you about your country

>expats are usually top tier citizens compared to their fellows that stayed at home
depends on the circumstances
the poles in the UK are most definitely not top tier poles

>>english is only spoken in the UK in the whole of europe, british people won't speak the local language of the place they go to, just like americans when travelling

I thought 51% of Europe outside of the UK speaks fluent English. Like 60% of Germany knows fluent English, 90% of the Netherlands, etc

You middle class is worse than your working class.

Nice shoop

>All the Brits that come here are cultured
?

yeah i meant upper class. i've met posh brits who went to your elite public schools. very few were right-wing racists since i'm non white and friends with them and they hung around middle-class non-whites here imo.

you guys do assume you have a good understanding of north american society without even living here and fall for the liberal bourgeois narrative about north america pushed by your media way too often since you don't have any personal experiences to be cynical about it.

it's a meme desu, there are plenty of trashy people in France, Germany, Poland, hell try South Italy for a bender if you want to see some degenerates these people just don't travel much like our underclass

Not that I distrust you, but you're doing the same thing you're accusing us of
[spoiler]you chink seal clubbing weed smoking filth, you[/spoiler]

A lot of the crazy British tourists actually come from a Middle class background, they are repressed and go abroad to let their hair down, not all of them are working class scum

fair enough yeah i think my logic is going full circle.

although i should add a disclaimer that i've only met british exchange students at a school that's basically the epicenter of canadian SJW shit. normal, non-ultra-PC brits were non-political and didn't study humanities/social sciences here.

They are mostly a den of cunts
thesun.co.uk/news/3982025/magaluf-violence-replaces-sex-british-holidaymakers/

Can't be any worse than how the Spanish behaved in the Americas for hundreds of years

I can't say for certain, but with the way certain areas that are near 100% inhabited by our lords and masters are pretty blue
though my words are tempered by the fact that I've not done any surverys and can't be fucked to go find any to support my claims

fine yeah i can believe your actual aristocrats are somewhat fascist since i'd probably be the same way if i was one of them but aristocrats =! upper class. people who basically have a certain amount of money here (250k+ salary or high wealth) is upperclass here imo.

Ah yes, history from over a 100 years ago is comparable to modern behavior
>/chi/ intellectuals

what you gonna do about it, pedro?

Spit in your food. He's working as a waiter

Left is southern brit, Right is northern brit.

Northern working class has more in common with southern working class than southern working class has in common with northern middle class.

They are eloquent and friendly for your standards which frankly aren't very high

See

You don't have the warzone known as Amsterdam

flights to spain and france are £10, while most british servicemen in Germany are working class.

As a result our poorest go to sunny europe because it's cheap and the girls are easy and give the rest of us who are quiet and polite enough to go unnoticed a bad name.

A flight to the US is not £10 so you get slightly more middle class types there.

Why are brit such drunk subhumans
Is alcohol the only entertainment they know?

The way everyone in this thread talks makes us sound like India's caste system.

Because we get the chavs and you get the people who can afford to fly to the US

Only people more batshit insane than the English are the Scots

other than that they're top blokes

>ITT: people who don't know what a social class is

>How come Europeans see Brits differently than we do?
Because there's truth to both stereotypes: Brits are more civilized than Americans, but less civilized than the rest of Europe.

It's the closest you can get to a caste system in the industrialized world. Your people's representatives can be overruled by nobility and clergymen. It's just as shocking today as it was in the 17th century, but for different reasons.

both of those stereotypes are true, and were true since ages in britain because of

Think about it: only the cultured members of their society are the ones likely to be able to afford (or have interest in) going to other countries.

I swear to God, I never met a brit outside of GB who could even apeak straight(not talking about their accents). Brits have a horrible reputation anywhere I went so far for a damn good reason

Americans see british gentlemen who travel to USA to do business.
Europeans see british commoners who travel to the continent for fun and vacation

brits are known as being literally the lousiest tourists through europe

The Brit on the right look easier to get along with though. I've seen those types on holiday, just ask them if they wanna hangout and get drunk and they always will. The posh kind are very annoying.

The Brits that visit America are the ones who have enough money to afford the trip.

Those who visit Europe are all the lower class twats who are just out to get pissed.

You obviously have not seen Russians
>mfw witnessing massive British vs Russian streetfight in Aiya Napa

Swedes are also drunken subhumans when abroad but Brits and eastern Euros take the cake.

Could not agree more. I fucking love partying with Brits, but fuck me I wouldn't want them as tourists.

degenerate boring white subhuman