Apologize to George. You mocked him, and look what happened. We got a soulless cash grab from disney

Apologize to George. You mocked him, and look what happened. We got a soulless cash grab from disney.

Apologize. Now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=QwxYk896q_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He really should.

no, I'm not a typical tryhard contrarian/underage kiddy who pretends TFA is worse than the prequels

As opposed to 3 soulless cash grabs from him?

4, counting ROTJ.

star wars was shit then, it is shit now. fuck lucas and fuck the disney star trek jew

no, fuck him, he is the one who drove it into the ground and then got out. Really believing all the praise people heaped on him, that he was the sole visionary who made the original trilogy good

he produced fuckloads of toys and star wars memorabliia way before TFA you myopic douchebag.

Sorry George

The prequels are infinitely more memorable than The Force Awakens

what does Sup Forums think of American Graffiti?

No, youre a teenage faggot who "thinks" tfa is the shit, because you didnt see the prequels in the cinema.

You have to be trolling. The prequels were weak but how the fuck can you compare it to the trainwreck that is TFA?

At the very least I am glad the prequels added new content, even if 90% of it was bad.

Im sorry George

5>4>6>>2>1>>>>>

>We got a soulless cash grab from disney.

still better than the soulless cash grab from lucasfilm

God damn the underage faggots are out in full force. This board truly is retarded

TFA is the only watchable star wars movie, the rest are embarrassing trash

tryhard contrarian/underage kiddies BTFO

its pretty good

the phantom menace is by far the best prequel
TFA was pretty good

if you disagree you're wrong and fite me irl

>i still remember the day i was born
>heck, my first thoughts
>"anakin skywalker sextology, now that would be pod racing"

>1 that low, 3 that high

No.

>george lucas sold star wars to disney
>you should apologise for this for some reason
please kill yourself

>SEETHING

>underage
>implying

nigga i went to see TPM on my seventh birthday

>fite me
14 year old girl detected.
Phantom Menace is just pure garbage, every scene is badly acted and that's because it's all CGI sets, the action has no depth, it's boring to look at.
TFA wasn't good, but it wasn't a colossal abortion

I watched episode one and attack of the clones in the theaters. I never wanted to see anything star wars related again afterwards.

the highs from the prequels were better than the highs from TFA

the lows from the prequels were worse than the lows from TFA

TFA was a mediocre and safe reboot by the king of mediocre and safe reboots.

I'm sorry you're a hack with some good ideas and a billion shitty ones.

Maybe if the Crystal Skull wasn't garbage or if the prequels weren't comically bad people would have respected you.

But hey, with all that money maybe you can make Red Tails 2 and blame white people when it bombs.

Not until you release the thetrical versions of the original trilogy you fuck

Will Rogue One redeem the franchise? Our Lord George liked it.

I'm sorry, george-kun

the prequels do make sense in the world before the empire and you just wanted to show realistic army fighter jet fights instead of 5 guys going up against 1 moon sized planet killing base and for jedi to do the impossible crazy shit they say they can do.

Лyкac EБAЛ твoю мaмy и твoих дeтeй в жoпy и BPOT. A тeбe aнoнчик пpoвёл cвoим хyeм пo гyбaм .

All Star Wars has always been a cash grab. Lucas was actually worse and if you weren't a hypocrite bandwagon hater you'd realize its all literally been the same cookie cutter madlib fairy tale story of ripped off classical story arcs plugged into a space theme.

And its also cartoonishly sad to make yourself a butt boy for Lucas considering no one forced him to sell, and the very selling of the franchise is the final proof of what Star Wars was to him...easy money.

You should apologize to Sup Forums and then kys.

So he'll renege again, just like he did with The Force Awakens?

aw fuck.

if George likes it that probably means it's terrible.

I'll apologize when he starts making those "movies nobody wants him to make" that he keeps threatening. I loved THX and would be happy to see more of that.

No, his movies were shit and he had it coming, replacing him with a Goergebot doesn't make his movies good. Fuck you.

>jar jar and kid anakin and tattoone are g8
Nah

I don't like when people refer to VII as "soulless". Feel free to dislike it (I didn't think it was that great, either) but to state that nobody involved gave a shit about Star Wars or what they were doing is not only really dickish but demonstrably false.
The director and actors, at the very least, were in love with the source material and you can absolutely see that they did their best. It's not soulless; it's a love-letter.

Again, happy for people to call it shit, or amateur, or a terrible mess, that's fine. But "soulless"? Come on.

American Graffiti was good too. Red Tails sucked though.

>zero world building
>worst music in the whole series
>literally the definition of a movie made by a commitee
>full of generic quips to appease normies

user, you can say it's well made, but it's absolutely soulless. Same as the MCU pretty much.

>worst music in the whole series
pleb opinion: the post.

Rey's Theme is more memorable than anything in II or III.

I'm sorry George. They RAPED LUKE SKYWALKER. THEY THREW MARK HAMILL UNDER THE BUS AND MOST STAR WARS """""FANS'""""" DO NOT CARE AT ALL! What the fuck is the point in COPYING the OT if they're just going to PISS ON THE OT?

the fuck are you talking about. Luke was in it for like 30 frames.

Yea to be fair he is the one who sold out to disney in the first place. I bet he regrets it now.

You say what now?

How did they rape Luke? What he is doing now is better than the "Luuke" shit.

this is why I mock him and continue to and always will fucking sell out .
sold out to kids now we never get to see what the real reality of the 30 year clone wars.

>We got a soulless cash grab from disney.

It's fucking hilarious when people try use this line as a defence for George Lucas.

He sold Star Wars out to literally anything that would give him a dollar for years

it was the fucking definition of soulless

if anyone working on it gave a shit about star wars they were either lying or would have been crushed by TFA

>prequels and original trilogy's consequences completely invalidated
>a political environment that is never explained and is only there to get us back to rebels in x wings against empire with stormtroopers
>central plot is finding a fucking map to luke, perhaps the least interesting thing in a star wars movie to date
>Rey is a very bland character
>Finn is made to act like something out of a sitcom instead of an actual character that fits in star wars
>no new interesting planets
>literally lifting things from ANH and putting them into TFA
>ANOTHER death star

fuck. off.

Made by a committee of people who loved the original. People coming together to create something doesn't automatically render a film soulless.
I'll grant you that it's probably the worst music and world-building in the series but again, this has nothing to do with the "soul" of a film, only the competency.
Fant4stic was soulless. The studio wouldn't let Trank do what he want, he publicly whined about it, there was bad blood everywhere, nobody wanted to be there and they just cranked it out as quickly as they could so they could all get away from each other and move onto other things.
TFA is the product of a generation of fans who grew up with the originals, bitched about the prequels and then tried to recapture what the originals were. Did they fail? Sure. But to say that because it was bad, that means nobody tried or cared is so insulting and ignorant that I have to assume you haven't actually put much thought into the statement and are merely using a buzzword you've picked up online.

And all of the Star Wars films have been quippy, the more modern they get, the more modern the quips get, this isn't anything to be surprised by.

You're using "soulless" as a synonym for "bad".

I unironically like Episode III. So I'll be waiting for the rest of you to apologize.

I can't apologize to him. I never doubt he was the best in the first place.

>TFA is the product of a generation of fans who grew up with the originals, bitched about the prequels and then tried to recapture what the originals were. Did they fail? Sure. But to say that because it was bad, that means nobody tried or cared is so insulting and ignorant that I have to assume you haven't actually put much thought into the statement and are merely using a buzzword you've picked up online.

Agreed with this. Say what you want about Abrams, but to say he didn't put effort and love into the movie is fucking retarded. He went out of his way to do difficult practical effects because he hated how the prequels were too false and CGI ridden.

There's a video of Daisy crying when she first sees the original trailer for the movie, and Boyega loses his shit.

There's lots of people around the movie who love Star Wars and put a ton of effort into it.

Maybe Disney stopped them doing some things they wanted to, who knows, but you can see throughout the movie that Abrams loved the Star Wars universe, and wanted to become a part of it.

Unlike for example Nolan who treated the Superhero genre with distaste and kept as much of it out of his movies as he could

no, im describing the movie as both soulless and bad

bad is the prequels. They were shit in most areas but they had soul. You can tell because they were totally different from the originals and had totally new planets, factions, ships, and plotlines

you cant say the same for TFA

Not even good bait.

Okay, you're using soulless as a synonym for unoriginal. Better?
Effort and talent are not the same thing.

And a love-letter is always going to be a rehash, but a rehash isn't necessarily done out of laziness.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that there were executives jumping at the chance to line their pockets and who didn't give a shit about the "soul" of the movie, but the creatives involved? Fuck off.

You don't see how skipping over Luke in favor of... whatever the chick's name was... is a major fuck you to Luke? You don't see how her being so OP is a major fuck you to Luke? You don't see how only having him in the movie for 5 seconds not even uttering a line is a fuck you to Luke? They haven't even told Mark Hamill why Luke Skywalker abandoned his friends and let his fallen nephew and """Snoke"""" run wild. You aren't a Star Wars fan and neither are you.

>you're not a true fan buhu
lmao what a crock of shit

They didn't make Luke the protag because he's too old. pure and simple. and he's gonna be featured a whole lot in VIII. stop being autistic.

what the fuck are you trying to prove here? that the joe shmoes or jane does that work in costume and makeup or set design didnt make fucking sick sets or costumes? they did, they were great, bravo

but nobody gives a shit about what the ants think because theyre just people that have one tiny function. when im talking about a soulless movie im talking about

director
screenwriters
producers

all who chose the safest script possible to make the safest movie possible to rekindle star wars so they can make a universe out of it and make money off of that universe

DUDE LET'S NOT EVEN GET TO SEE LUKE'S JEDI ORDER LMAO LET'S NOT SEE WHY BEN SOLO IS EDGY HAHAHA LET'S MIRROR A NEW HOPE XD FUCK WORLDBUILDING THIS IS THE FIRST STAR WARS MOVIE NOT THE SEVENTH NO EPISODE 7 M8 IT'S JUST THE FORCE AWAKENS IT'S BEEN SLEEPING UNTIL THIS LITTLE LADY CAME ALONG

Yes I'm so autistic for caring about Luke Skywalker. Why don't you call Mark autistic too for being sour over getting shafted so hard? You're such a non-autist by loving The Force Awakens.

No, by "creatives" I was referencing the director and actors just as much as I was referencing the costume&makeup. They were all thrilled they were chosen to be a part of it and I truly believe they were doing their best to pay tribute to the originals - whether or not they failed.

I'd also argue that I do care about what the "ants" think, but I suppose that'd be another thread.

except Mark wasn't upset over being shafted and knew all too well he's too old to be doing heavy combat.

You know what happens when old favorites are resurrected 30 years later to do action?

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

thanks for proving once again why star wars fans are the worst.

Having Luke not as the protagonist builds him up to a higher status as people talk about him like a legend.

Not defending the rest of TFA except for Kylo and that choice. It's an interesting way to show how much Luke has become between ROTJ and this one. Still wish there was more of him.

One cash grab got replaced by another. That doesn't excuse how disappointing TFA was. They have a ton of explaining to do in the next movie. I suspect it will just be a "soft reboot" of Empire.

agreed

this

>except Mark wasn't upset over being shafted and knew all too well he's too old to be doing heavy combat.
Liar. He said with Disney making him work out 2 times a week he expected to get some good scenes that put all that effort to use. He didn't find out until way after getting in shape that he will be marginalized to a cliffhanger. You're reatarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=QwxYk896q_Q

Shame on you for comparing him to geriatric Harrison Ford.

the samefag is real

the actors have minimal influence on the overall direction the movie is going to take, especially total fucking newbies like daisy ridley and boyega. Only really experienced, trusted actors sometimes influence how some scenes or shot or how certain characters have traits throughout the movie.

and if you think jj abrams isnt one of the most soulless cash grab directors in the game who would gladly slurp executive dick and swallow whatever movie they want him to make rather than actually be creatively independent like george lucas, youre kidding yourself

samefag

I AM SORRY GEORGE

The only Abrams-led production I've found to be lacking in soul was Into Darkness, and I'm near-certain that only felt that way because it was basically an audition reel for Star Wars.

What else has he done that you found to be more corporate than artistic?

me, posted

Luke being a main character =/= him doing Hobbit 3D Part 3 Saruman kungfu, dipshit. No one expects Luke to spring for 90 minutes either way.

Did you just use an entirely unrelated third post to prove that two other posts weren't posted by the same user?

the first star trek completely shit on anything the original series or movies were known for and was basically star trek: trying to be more like star wars.

that and into darkness are all i need

I've barely even seen star trek, and dont enjoy it very much, so I'm not some buttblasted star trek fan either before you jump to that

This guy gets it.

George, you are shit. You have almost always been shit. You made three good films and then you ran out of ideas. Entirely the fuck out. Irvin Kershner and Richard Marquand had to step in because you wanted to fucking sell toys to kids, and then 15 years after Mr. Marquand does his thing, you make utter, puerile shit with wooden acting and special effects that don't hold up today.

Apologize? I won't fucking apologize. My parents took me to see Return of the Jedi when I was 8. You know what I remember, George? These fuzzy cunts called "Ewoks". That's it. Fucking EWOKS. That's your entire fucking legacy to me, you no-chinned cunt.

Apologize? Fuck you. You didn't have the STONES to continue with your dream of being a filmmaker. You had to settle for being a BUSINESSMAN.

Apologize? Son, you have no fucking idea how much I'd like for YOU to apologize to ME.

>the first star trek completely shit on anything the original series or movies were known for
>I've barely even seen star trek, and dont enjoy it very much

jokes on you I'm 26 and arguing about star wars on an anime website

whats wrong with TFA other than sticking so close to ANH? meanwhile the prequels has actors who are visibly lost as to what's going to be going on in the end product, characters have no personality and when they do you with they hadn't, contradicts info from the originals, editing that leaves you with no idea whats going on and chops up the best bits, showy choreography where it's clear they're just going through a dance routine and not actually trying to injure each other, CGI used at all times even for in-door sets, terrible casting of shit actors, uninspired designs just to sell toys, huge visual clusterfuck sequences where you cant follow anything, comedic elements go from snappy dialog to jar jar binks stepping in feces, huge segments of convoluted nonsensical political "intrigue" most of the audience doesn't give a shit about, dead on arrival love story, characters dont just act like idiots like in most bad movies but do completely random things just to further the plot, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, I could go on forever but you saw them before you hit puberty so think they're good

Don't blame Disney. GotG was good.

Star Wars trilogy was a complete story arc and interesting because of it's characters. The world building and universe itself is just average sci-fi shlock This is why sequels are doomed to be mediocre.

that's his idea of "comedy." he's gonna be in VIII so he wasn't exactly gonna be disappointed for long.

and his own words contradict your entire issue with it:

"it's not about me anymore ... which is the way it should be"

so quit your nerdrage.

>I've barely even seen star trek, and dont enjoy it very much, so I'm not some buttblasted star trek fan
This is evident. The 2009 Star Trek was fine, and another love-letter to a franchise long since dead. I'd put in the top five Trek films after TVH, TWoK, TUC, and FC.
It modernised it, sure, but it absolutely retained the Star Trek spirit.

Have you seen the other Star Wars movies? If you're commenting on that franchise also without any prior knowledge of the series then your posts are beginning to make a little more sense.

Forgive us, George.

>the first star trek completely shit on anything the original series or movies were known for
>I've barely even seen star trek
>actual quote

>you will never convince anybody that "this is pod racing" is slang like "streets ahead"

Why don't you listen to what he actually says? Quit your nerdrage. He's very unhappy with how they treated the OT cast. Just because there should be some new blood doesn't mean all the points he made are not his actual opinion. You have fucking autism. People use comedy to keep crowds entertained while making real points. Otherwise it's just an angry person yelling for an hour. You are not a Star Wars fan. You've already admitted you give zero fucks about Luke Skywalker.

>three good films
THX, American Graffiti, ANH, Empire and Sith.

never
dude was a total hipster (in his time), wanted to make his own type of movies. realized that in order to make his movies he would have to make something commercial. so he thought to what he enjoyed as a kid (flash serials).
had the insight to get into the toy aspect.
bam. made millions.
but he didn't realize how much it would impact society.
now the studio wanted more and threw money at lucas. he said ok (thinking he would have time to make his 'movies'). but since he wanted control over his ideas he became the industry.
he was no longer the indie film maker that he dreamed to be.

just watch 'people vs george lucas'

>give zero fucks about Luke Skywalker.
nope never said that. and you aren't a true fan either if you reject VII because surprise! it's still Star Wars.

everybody likes it better than the prequels for a reason. you're just salty because your boyfriend got less screentime even though

a) it makes sense in the plot that he had to disappear
b) it makes him the macguffin, which makes him the most important "goal" of the film
c) it builds him into a mythic figure

but keep sperging out. it's amusing to see you get so worked up about a kids movie.

>Sith

>a) it makes sense in the plot that he had to disappear
Not according to Mark Hamill or anyone else who watched the movie a second time. They didn't have to make him disappear. They didn't have to reskin A New Hope. Rey doesn't need to exist at all. I don't like the prequels. No idea why you think I do. You gonna call be alt-right next? If you like TFA you are not a Star Wars fan. It should've been around the troubles of Luke's Order.

>They didn't have to reskin A New Hope
everybody knows why they did it. it's not a secret.

>Rey doesn't need to exist at all
none of it needs to exist. it's a fantasy about space jesus vs nazis you utter autistic baby. if she's jesus' new disciple then she's jesus' new disciple. end of story.

I'm sorry, George.

luke's disappearance is legitimately the most baffling aspect of tfa. it's totally out of character and inconsistent with the luke of the ot. in order to justify it, ep viii is going to have to come up with something seriously good. but i get the feeling that they'll probably just pass over it like it never happened

It's obvious you're just looking to argue. You aren't even attempting to justify TFA. You're just belittling the original trilogy like you Disney fucks always do. Keep calling me a manbaby though. You're still not a Star Wars fan. You're just shilling for irony points and (You)s. You're the real autistic manbaby.

I literally typed out three points justifying it

>like you Disney fucks
and building a strawman is not an argument