So, can we all admit that this film is shit?

The scenes drone on for far too long, the characters were disrespected (Batman kills people in this film, despite his number one rule being no killing), no one setting was established well, all of the scenes try to be iconic, Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is a strange Heath Ledger Joker imitation and the Doomsday plot-twist was jarring and made no sense. The animated film was far better. youtube.com/watch?v=y0ukzHm-Py4

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/189876347
youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
mtv.com/news/2930390/batman-v-superman-easter-egg-clay-enos-zack-snyder-confirm-twitter/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have to be under 15 to post here

I can think of a website where your shit opinions would much more welcome.

Hint: starts with an "r"

"No"

That's quite an argument you've got there. Also, an echo-chamber, something you seem to want, is something Redditors love.

can all capeshit plebs fuck off now?

>Batman kills people in this film, despite his number one rule being no killing

End your life

I honestly don't have it in me to argue this anymore. I have spent unspeakable hours defending this movie. I can't fucking do it anymore. You just won't listen. There's pages upon pages explaining the fucking brilliance behind BvS and MoS. I myself have written practical essays about it. It's all out there. But you won't listen

You just won't fucking listen

God help me, they won't listen

nope it was kino

No one listens to you because your arguments about how batman represents the plucky underdog that is the united states of america and kryptonians represent the all powerful and massive threat to the entire world presented by islam are, at best, weak, and usually just utter absurdity.

vimeo.com/189876347

the video that's from

genuinely worth watching

Nah it was great

YEAH IT FUCKING IS GREAT

>hey, instead of doing the normal comic book thing and having heros win all the time, lets deconstruct the franchise and have every action have consequences and the heroes get frustrated and obesssive

>okay now lets have the villain be just a normal guy who has absolutely everything go right for him, at all times, no matter how absurd the situation, until the plot requires the heroes to pull through.

>(Batman kills people in this film, despite his number one rule being no killing)

At least he doesn't kill a fleet of cops for doing their jobs like in Batman Begins.

all the allusions really are impressive. That video missed the nods to Excalibur though.

>the characters were disrespected
>fictional people
>disrespected

I'm not arguing that the movie wasn't a mess, but are you fucking fourteen?

I admitted that the second I finished the movie

It stunk

Now post an MCU director

There's some pretty powerful visual symbolism in BvS but it's still a deeply unpleasant movie to watch

I liked the drawn out scenes. It gave it an epic feel. I like the older Batman that lost sight of what he originally set out to do. It was an interesting take on the character. I liked Jesse Eisenberg though I can see why most people didn't. The Doomsday plot-twist was great.

check'd

i get what you're saying, and i understand why people feel that way, but i never did. i enjoyed in in the theatre, i've enjoyed it every time i've watched it - probably 8 at this point - since then. the only really unpleasant part, for me, is the actual fight between batman and superman, and i just think it's pretty cool and subversive and bold that they made the titular fight actually pretty disturbing.

>it's a BvS thread

i like you

All the religious undertones and historical callbacks mean shit if the story is bad

Actually they are shit regardless

No, but I think we can all admit that you should kill yourself

>the fite
>disturbing

... I mean I guess you can describe "clumsy and forced" that way, but I don't see why you would want to.

"people hate what they don't understand"

BvS being good is a meme gone too far

Can you guys explain these scenes in essay form explaining the deep meaning using political and religious connections?

>ding ding ding ding ding
>Martha
>Is she with you?
>Jolly Rancher mouth rape
>HONKA HONKA
>I think he kinda hot
>BBBBOOOOOYYYYYSSSS!!!
>I need friends
>I hear you talk to fish
>We're bad guys, thats what we do.

go.

bvs being bad is the meme, perpetuated by tourists from memeddit and various other plebians

if you don't like bvs, you need to GO BACK

SS is not kino, this is a horseshit strawman perpetuated by tourists from /r/movies

MoS and BvS are kino, and like we've all said a thousand times, there is so much information out there about why those movies are great. I'm not going to spend another evening writing hundreds of words explaining to you what's already been explained. Google "batman v superman analysis." Watch this. youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

then if you still have questions, i'll be happy to answer

I want the "DCU movies being good meme" to die already.

Also the Essay paragraph bait threads that always real in the DCucks.

Aren't they just lame jokes apart from Martha which was just badly executed. And Ding ding ding was because Lex is unhinged

all that made up deepness and meaning is horseshit. The writers and Snyder didnt mean for any of that to be included in the movie.
I know most of you retards are just parroting what other trolls like Armond say but its already been proven its all horseshit.

Remember all those essays thinking that crack on the window was Moby Dick?

Its not. Its fucking Ontario. KEK

Did Zak ever confirm that

it means nothing . Just like all the other shit these retards think have deeper meaning.

>A fight between Batman and Superman
>Bold
>Subversive

Holy fuck kill yourself. You're literally eating up the pigslop of corporate hollywood and asking for more. This shit is NOT fucking "bold" its literally the safest possible option they could have gone for their next movie.

You people genuinely disgust me. Literally the cancer of modern movies made manifest. Praying to the makers of a fucking superhero movie while there are at least a dozen films in development completely beyond its scope.

Sincerely hope you all die of whichever form of illness is most painful and most long lasting without any loved ones and full of regret.

Disney won
why do their shills have so much of a problem if a couple of people actually liked the movie?

there are 4 good cape movies in existence
>spider man 1
>spider man 2
>the dark knight
>the winter soldier
that's it, the rest are shit, and BvS is exceptionally bad because it's too ambitious and fails hilariously, literally all you fags have to defend it is the shitty symbolism

capeshit just needs to die, we got some enjoyable flicks out of it but it's all in all a cancerous genre nowadays

winter soldier is fucking terrible

>I'VE WASTED MY LIFE TELLING YOU THIS TURD TASTES GOOD WHY DOESN'T YOUR PLEB PALATE START APPRECIATING IT??!!! I GIVE UP

it's a really enjoyable spy/espionage movie, it's kinda brought down with the hollywood af capeshitty final battle but otherwise it's kino

The Dark Knight is only talked about because Ledger died. Batman Begins is better.

MoS is great, BvS is terrible

you will spend your life posting memes about capeshit films you don't even like, and not even funny memes like big guy bane.

You are nothing, you'll never be anything.

joker going full nihilist was kino

>spiderman 3

I say that it's only good if you want to experience a fresh start for these characters in film, free of any characterization brought by comics and years of pop culture.
example: Aquaman's first big screen appearance not acting like family guy's rendition.
it could be pretty exciting to watch what they come up with but the comic fans want the movies to reflect the comics .I think WB should decide who they want to please, the modern audience or the faithful fans.

but do cut snyder loose.

>>I need friends
>>I hear you talk to fish

Affleck's remark, "I'm real when it's useful," at first sight adheres to the postmodern solipsistic and relativistic modes. This is confirmed by Terrio when questioned about his research for Justice League, which included "red- and blueshifts in physics". However, on further inspection, Affleck's comment simultaneously reinspects Husserl's and Wittgenstein's "form of life". This invariably leads to a more pragmatic worldview, as Pierce declares "Consider the practical effects of the objects of your conception. Then, your conception of those effects is the whole of your conception of the object."
Affleck further confirms the pragmatic totality when approaching Miller and Momoa:
"So you're fast."
"You can talk to fish."
Reality as it operates in Snyder films, isn't subservient to language, they work in tandem. This leads as back to Eastern philosophy, the Hinduist Guru Mantra becomes another mythopoetical jigsaw piece in the totality of Justice League. As Brody succintly observed, "Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it."

are you retarded? did you read my post? my point was it was bold and subversive for Snyder to make the fight brutal and unpleasant, not for him to have the film be about batman fighting superman. jesus christ you are retarded. you got so fucking triggered because someone likes a thing that you didn't stop to think for a fucking second before writing your whiny little horseshit post.

Yes he did.
mtv.com/news/2930390/batman-v-superman-easter-egg-clay-enos-zack-snyder-confirm-twitter/

movie was garbage but affleck was good this is the non-drone consensus

it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out.

honestly after seeing the reviews and pure hatred. i expected this to be the worst fucking thing ever.

it wasn't even that bad. seriously what is so bad about it compared to all the other capeshit? i honestly cant tell the quality difference between this and something like thor.

>movie was garbage but affleck was good this is the non-drone consensus

that's literally what every random casual thinks

that is the literal drone opinon

It was better than at least half of the Marvel lineup.

hahahaha haha hahahaha wtf lmao hahaha

Plebs after Man of Steel came out:

>LOL FUCKING OBVIOUS JESUS SYMBOLISM WOW NO SUBTLETY SNYDER WE GET THAT HE'S JESUS DUDE

Plebs after Batman V Superman came out:

>WHAT THERE'S NO SYMBOLISM NONE OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO MEAN ANYTHING IT'S A CORPORATE PRODUCT THERE'S NO EVIDENCE THIS IS SUPPOSED TO A RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL ALLEGORY

Yeah its Ontario. Not Moby Dick with full 5 paragraph essay explanation.
Thats all nonsense like all these other essays about the movie.

yeah sure how's the girlfriend hunt going? lmao

It was a good movie

>spend 10 minutes writing some unfunny shitpost
>get no (You)'s

imagine being (you)

Holy shit, that was a lot better. I want to watch this whole thing.

stop talking about this fucking movie holy shit

why is it so fucking dark

I thought the directors cut was alot better, but still not a great movie. That animated movie is just an animated version of Dark Knight Returns, but it is the shit, and is very true to the comics. I highly recommend it regardless of if you've read the comic

I think you're confusing snyder's complete lack of ability for artistic intent.

More to do with how its all over the place. The script has one set of intended parallels, the director didn't understand any of them and did some completely random ones and product placement out the ass, the cinematographer was just tasked to find the prettiest comic panels to steal, and WB demanded there be teasers for the next three movies in the movie.

The result was a complete lack of cohesion in any way, shape, or form. It's at least three (up to seven, if you count the four plus cannibalized comic arcs jammed into the script) completely different movies smashed together by a man who is legitimately retarded.

>you will spend your life posting memes about capeshit films you don't even like
no I don't
>and not even funny memes like big guy bane
baneposting is kinomemery, and The Dark Night trilogy was decent for a capeshit movie
>You are nothing, you'll never be anything.
Stop projecting, you don't know who I am

That second part literally describes zemo in civil war as well

and its consistent with the franchise