ITT: sports moments that trigger Sup Forums

ITT: sports moments that trigger Sup Forums

>b-but muh meaningless 5-1 group stage match

they can have their 5-1, i'd rather keed the world cup.

I never understood why so many post the 5-1 when the previous WC just reaffirmed the neverlands status
Then again Barcelona won that world cup and that triggers halal cancer

I literally got some tears in my eyes watching Iniesta de mi vida earlier today, absolutely magic moment and there was no better hero possible than based Iniesta

but muh Casillas

>most boring WC final of all time
>goes to extra time

I will never have those two hours back.

Face it, Americans are right. High scores are better. Nobody outside Spain thinks the 2010 Final was better than 5pa1n.

Netherlands still has the same number of WC's as Mexico, Portugal, Chad, Romania and Nicaragua.

>>b-but muh meaningless 5-1 group stage match

Yup. It was really cringy seeing Dutch posters spam that. Like it made up for losing in the final to them. Like it made up for having 0 world cups.

>dutch posters
it was literally all the typical kraut dutch I wish I were white bandwagon and a lot of them from your country

that match exposed Spain's golden generation, though

And the Portugal still has the same amount of Euro titles as the USSR and Czechoslovakia, two countries that haven't existed in decades.

Well it was a good laugh, would rather have had a WC though

it was beautiful

as world cup winners?

has there ever been a more influential player than iniesta?

asking for a friend

>t. didn't watch 5pa1n
most of the goals where scored in the middle of the second in a very short space of time
the first 65 minutes were very slow and boring

lolno, losing a game playing a bunch of old farts after absolutely dominating international football for 6 years is not getting exposed

Yeah, pretty much.

no
Iniesta is based goat

It showed that it was over and it was time for change. If anyone's been exposed since it's the Dutch.

>Iniesta never won a ballon d'or (neither Xavi) because muh Messi vs Ronaldo

it was exposed in the sense that their playstyle was found out, tiki taka proved to be helpless against a good counter attcking team. of course that's not only because of 5-1 but it kind of became the symbol of tiki taka reaching its end. that and barca's 7-0

why did you post hope solo

Please kys nigger. Iniesta is a disgusting diver. Diving won that final

>that pass

As a teenager I pretty much begged my parents and aunt and uncle to watch the final. They had never actually set out to watch a soccer game before and I legitimately thought it would be a great clash of styles.

They have never watched a soccer game since except for my dad who I got to watch the last 30 minutes of the Bayern-Dortmund CL final.

why dont you kys for that shit taste

Name a non boring WC final since 1986. I'll wait

finals are usually boring because teams will play it safe

>most boring WC final of all time
Those would be 1990 and 1994

>High scores are better

That's not always the case though. Basketball has massively high scoring games to pretend that it's non-stop action, but when the action is so non-stop there's no anticipation until the final 15 seconds of the last quarter. Everything before that is pure filler. American football is the same, who wants to sit around for 5 hours to watch a game that's actually only 15 minutes long just so X can beat Y 6-4? It's nowhere near exciting enough so just make the scoring worth more, the game finishes 23-19 to X, there hasn't been any additional action, but to Americans there has because they just see big numbers. Even in the infamous 7-1, when a team is up 5-0 in the first 20 minutes you can guarantee the next 70 minutes are going to be fucking trash because the losing side has already been defeated and the winning side sit back content they've won. The sole exception to this is when Arsenal were 4-0 up against Newcastle.
Our sports are like our films and your sports are like your films. While ours have a coherent story you have to sit through, take notice of, understand and then be rewarded for investment in by the finale. A patrician taste if you will.
Yours on the other hand is just a similar film with a bigger budget and non-stop explosion with lots of pretty colours. Otherwise you wouldn't stay watching. Your attention span is too short.
See, it's your attention span that lets you enjoy garbage like basketball.

>"and he 3 points the basket and now the other black 3 points a basket, isn't this exciting?"
>"But didn't that other black just net a 3 pointer from downtown seconds ago?"
>"I'm sorry I can't remember, and it's GOOD! SWISH! FROM DOWNTOWN!"

There was a reason the founding fathers wanted Jews out of America and this was it. Very very disrespectful.

Is that the robben webm? If so that ass was absolute shit, he kicked it way to fucking hard into what could of been spains possesion, but whats most impressive the 40km / hour run robben did to get the ball