Make me Christian, Sup Forums

I've read the bible several times, really like psalms.

However, I am mostly gnostic and have been successfully involved in the occult for some time.

Because of this, I need a hands-on and practical use for religion.
Yet I feel a connection to the imagery, and the community of orthodox Christians.

So how can I engage in Christianity as a seasoned practical occultist, who is used to being a PEER of God rather than as a SERVANT of God?

TL;DR - How can being a christian benefit me?

I want to convert, but "accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior" just isn't informative or practical enough to steer me that way.

Also orthodox Christianity general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FlJvDz3ZtTw
gotquestions.org/pre-existence-of-souls.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UBYlHPAss2U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asceticism#Christianity
fivesolas.com/tulipscriptures.htm
predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106315-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-introduction-and-part-1-supralapsarianism
predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106317-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-part-2-eternal-justification
predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106321-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-part-3-the-active-decree-of-god
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>willingly wanting to be a sheep

kys now

I'm looking to attain higher spirituality in general, coming from a shitty cultureless American family. Truly, leading me in any direction at all would be a great help.

>So how can I engage in Christianity as a seasoned practical occultist, who is used to being a PEER of God rather than as a SERVANT of God?

This is ,if not outright heretical, worrying to say the least and I'm at risk (Matthew 7:6) but if you truly want to be free then abandon all your occult practices, surrender yourself to God repent and pray for forgiveness and salvation with all your heart, soul and life.

>I want to convert, but "accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior" just isn't informative or practical enough to steer me that way.

That's the first and final step, first you need to believe, to trust what Jesus said, that what he says is the Truth and then accept it; living it and doing it.

(Tbh I'm looking for traditional women to raise a traditional family, and women who are into the occult are edgy satanist whores. Want to fully engage in a traditional spiritual culture, as long as I can identify with it successfully)

>Those numbers
Like I said I'm at risk

Figured, actually, that saying that would incite that response. It's just what I'm used to.
Read Matthew 7:6 and I guarantee you all I want is for good, and not for earthly pleasures.

So that phrase just means that he was right, and to know and believe his words?

Drop absolutely everything you said in OP. Unless you want to be a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""Christian""""""""""""""""""""""""""" in which case, well, it won't be a good thing for you. I cannot condone it.

What do you think Christianity is? A tool for your own satisfaction? You can't conciliate Christianity with the occult. Pick one and only one. If you think you can't abandon that habit don't worry, no one is really capable of abandoning sin while they are wandering alone, but when you find God you will be empowered to fight sin. People think that Christians are sheep but it is quite the opposite. You are, at first, a sheep of sin, you have no choice but to sin. I mean, most sins are not unlawful, so why would you not commit them? Once you find God you will have the freedom of choosing not to sin. It is not imposed to you, it is simply a new option, a new path you can make for yourself.

If you like the Bible you might want to be a Protestant (mainly Baptist) because Protestants are all about following the Bible. If you like imagery then you will have to choose something else as Protestants don't really abominate imagery but they are not too fond of it.In my opinion Catholics and Orthodox give way too much attention to imagery though, but it's up to you, most denominations are valid as long as they adore Jesus and don't disrespect the Bible.

You convert not because you want to satisfy our occultism desires, but because you gave up on your life of sins and want to walk a new path. You realized that as a human you are prone to mistakes and you acknowledge that God can save you from that.

Yes, it really is as simple as getting on your knees, closing your eyes and praying: "I regret all my sins and I repent, please forgive me Lord, I accept Jesus as my Lord and savior", there's not much else to it. After that I recommend visiting a church weekly to be part of their community and learn more about Christianity.

Good luck user, I'll be praying for you.

For someone who just wants to get baptised straight away so that I don't go to hell if I die soon, which church should I do it at? Does it matter?

You don't need to be baptized to not go to hell, you just need to repent from your ways and accept Jesus as your only and sufficient savior.

Yes, every Christian must baptize, but if you never had the chance it is not really your fault. When Jesus saved that bandit at the cross he went to heaven without baptizing.

Do not think either that you can just baptize and never think about Christianity or God again. I guarantee to you that many people who baptized will likely not see heaven user. It's the sad truth. As for which Church, just choose the denomination that appeals to you the most, doesn't really mater, but beware that Catholics don't practice baptism like it is instructed in the Bible (Jesus was baptized with immersion, Catholics don't baptize with immersion though). I'd be biased if I told you to go to a Protestant church though as I am a Protestant myself, so look it up and make your choice.

>TL;DR - How can being a christian benefit me?
>Read Matthew 7:6 and I guarantee you all I want is for good, and not for earthly pleasures.
Not losing your life and soul for once.

Matthew 16:24-28
>Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
>For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
>For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
>For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
>“Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

I WILL HAVE CHRIST ON A LEASH

Do you truly believe? If you don't being baptized won't help.

>orthodox Christianity general.

Try reading Fr. Seraphim Rose, Alexander Schemann. Listen to Fr. Thomas Hopko podcasts on ancientfaith.com, read the blogs on deathtotheworld.com. Go to Divine Liturgy and become a catechumen. You have like 6 months at least to decide if you want to be an Orthodox Christian. Sounds like you're a bit of an esoteric so it should benefit you either way. It's a worthy endeavor OP.

I thought maybe it would help me believe.

You're a fool. No man can give you faith, it must come from within yourself.

Faith is something that nobody can touch, feel or see. But for some reason it is also something that can assemble entire armies in its defense.
Give it thought.

It's the only way we defeat Islam which is trying to destroy our entire society. EMBRACE CHRIST

>peer of God
>peer
>God
If you were a god why would you need religion?

You are better off talking with a pastor/priest and asking for orientation if you really have no idea what to do in order to believe.

Or you can just pray now and ask God to guide you. I'll pray for you too user.

Okay, thanks. I'll try praying.

The occultism you practiced sounds similar to Hermeticism or Mandaeism to me.

Christianity makes me feel safe, even if I die without accomplishing my petty life goals I will still live in paradise with Christ. At least that's what I believe. My beliefs have shaped psychedelic experiences I've had that have had spiritual significance and through the years, I have matured spiritually and I feel a greater connection to God through my thoughts and feelings. Being a Christian is challenging because there are a lot of "Christians" that will believe lies that have been added to their denominations. I'm not perfect, but I'm happy and that's all I really want and that is what God has given me.

Watch this video user

youtu.be/FlJvDz3ZtTw

...wow, thank you for your kind replies user.

I just realized that the truth and the way to be is all throughout Matthew. I'm going to be reading Matthew slowly to fully understand.

Is truly hilarious to me at this point.

The errors in my first post are both sickening and comedic.
I'll be doing my work, and I believe guidance from there will find me.

Thank you so much, for your answers.
Bless you all.

We're all guilty of sin.

Christ's perfect life and sacrifice atone's for the sins of the elect.

Before we all incarnated on Earth we all pre-existed in heaven.

We are the literal children of our heavenly father.
There was war in heaven and two-thirds of us sided with God's firstborn son Jesus, while the other third sided with another son Lucifer.

Our eternal fate was then sealed two thirds of us would be elected to have our sins atoned for us by Jesus and receive everlasting life, the other third would be cast into hell.

Do this, read the New Testament. Being baptized won't make you believe. You come to believe, then you are baptized.

Sauce? Would like to know more about this... Never heard this

Sooooo I'm baptized Roman Catholic.
Some of the posts here are suggesting believing before baptism.

Should I be baptized again?

Not only Matthew but also all gospels, they are all different point of views of the same story, meaning their content is mostly the same but each gospel has one or two exclusive points.

He is a Calvinist. Don't listen to him.

>Should I be baptized again?

Read the Nicene Creed. "I acknowledge ONE baptism for remission of sins."

Absolutely.

>that catholic practice of baptizing people when they are just born
I've no idea why they do this, it has no effect at all if the person doesn't believe

...oh no, actually?

And not only the New testament, but the Old Testament too.

Always doubt any source that isn't Biblical by the way. What that user said is not in the Bible. I mean, it is true that the devil rebelled against God and a huge amount of angels sided with him (something close to the proportion of that user's post) but what he said about us being the portion that sided or didn't side is not specified in the Bible.

If you wanted to become Orthodox you'd go through a sacramental ritual called chrismation. It's the blessing and seal of the Holy Spirit.

I looked into Mormonism for the first time recently and it explains a lot of this, but part of it I deduced on my own and couldn't find anyone else highlighting this in any searches I did online.

You need to be baptized correctly. I would like to know, why were you baptized if you didn't believe?

This. Its written in the bible that if you're a Christian and continue to sin against Gods plan God will let you die to save your soul.

Maybe Christ represents some sort of cosmic phenomena that gives anyone a dormant power they always posessed.
Maybe Christ is a puppet of a demiurge.

If you have actually been involved in the occult for some time, then why are you asking keyboard brownshirts and neet misanthropes about truth, instead of (((meditating))) on it?

We are not angels. It tells us this in the Bible.

Matthew 22:30
Hebrews 12:22-23

We will be met by “myriads of angels” and “the spirits of righteous men made perfect”—these are two separate groups.

Our pre-existence is specified in the bible and the Book of Mormon really explains a lot if you read it.

It also prophecies that America would be the leading nation and generally a force for good in the world.

Read "Letter to a CES director" before you go futher into the LDS "faith"

Maybe also read "Joseph Smith and the magic world view"

Maybe also research Freemasonry, and why JS and most Mormons are Masons.

When we're not in human form and are in heaven we're angels.

48 years old. Been practicing witchcraft since 13. No interest in Islam, Judaism, or xianity.

Because I wanted to hear what believers feel, and how they got where they are.

How does everyone here feel about current pope?

>our pre-existence is specified in the Bible
False. That is a man-made idea with absolutely no Biblical basis. In fact, it can be easily debunked with the Bible, see: gotquestions.org/pre-existence-of-souls.html

>the Book of Mormons says so
But that is not the Bible.

>It also has the prophecy that America would be the leading nation
That's nice, but remember that like any other man-made empire America is destined to fall sooner or later

>and be a force for good in the world
Not really happening. America looks more like chaotic neutral right now.

while not a Gnostic, carpeumbra on tumblr has a decent amount of resources, as he combines many practices with his catholicism. and really, anyone in his circle of friends may be of good use, as there's even an Episcopalian fellow who is a Cabalist as well

Nope. Completely contradictory to what the Bible says. Stop this.

I thought you wanted to be a christian? Catholicism has little to do with the bible.

Don't listen to the damn protestants whatever you do.

>"I want to fit in and be a good sheep bitch worshipping a fictional, tyrannical, jew character, but I don't want to actually admit that :4)"
t. christcucktobe

Didn't know this.
Was generally curious how people thought of him.

I think he's an abortion.

second that shit. prime example being

Do you ever cut yourself with that edge?

And what would you suggest in place of that?

From the link "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you" - Jeremiah 1:5

As a Protestant I think this Pope has some very good ideas about peace and unity. Problem is, he goes way too far.

However, he goes too far, to the point of dropping Biblical values and secularizing Christianity to appeal to groups like Muslims and homosexuals.

For example: Notice how most of the anons in this thread told you that you should abandon occultism if you want to convert. And that even if you convert as an occultist, you will likely abandon it sooner or later if you truly converted. The Pope would probably say "Oh it's okay join us we accept you the way you are there's no need to change", which is honestly a sweet speech, but not true. If you read Matthew you'll see that Jesus really talks about abandoning your old sinful life to live another. So yeah, I don't like what he is doing, he should be more careful with his words.

Also this: is an exaggeration but partially true.

Let me explain the drama between Protestants and Catholicism so you can choose which one you'll side with:

The Catholic Church is logically the first Christian church, it began from Jesus' disciples and went on and on through generations. As time went on they developed traditions (which is the biggest problem here). Those traditions grew within them and started bearing as much weight as the Bible.

At some point the Catholic Church diverted from the path of righteousness and started practicing terrible deeds that contradicted the Bible. Priests would go to brothels regularly, the church would literally sell forgiveness for future sins ("Want to lie to someone? Buy this and you're forgiven once you do it automatically"). They got away with that because the Bible was on a foreign language the people at the time didn't know.

Luther happened. He saw their wicked ways, translated the Bible and funded Protestantism, which followed the Bible exclusively and no man-made traditions.
(continuing in other post)

Realizing after posting this, that what I sought before were terrestrial powers and philosophy, and that what is truly to be sought is spiritual connection to God.

Really enormously grateful for your posts, help, and especially prayers.

Is this user telling me that if I don't do this right, I'll die soon?
That honestly is a bit spooky.

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.
(Colossians 2:8)

Today the Catholic Church improved a plot and fixed their most glaring mistakes, but they still follow the tradition. People say Catholicism is not about the Bible because if you become a Catholic you'll learn much more about tradition then about the Scriptures themselves. Some of those traditions do not meet the Bible's words (although Catholicism can do mental gymnastics to make the discrepancies disappear, again I am probably biased by saying this as I am a Protestant)

If you want higher spirituality, do a shit ton of psychedelics (100% serious). Become a Psychonaut.

He isn't and I honestly don't understand what his post is saying. You won't die if you continue sinning. You also won't live eternally if you stop sinning. Jesus had an early death exactly because he was a saint.

Christianity is what led to the decline of Rome and is now trying to lead the decline of the west. Fun fact the first romans was ruled by kings who was black. Tarquinius superbus the last black king of rome was overthrown by the whiteys who ruled rome for a couple of centuries. Until sulla the great black general overthrew the whiteys and exterminated them in the social war. Now blacks was running rome again and a whitey wasnt seen in the region again until it was sacked by alaric and the whiteys eventually killed or sent the black romans to africa. Julius caesar was black

I have.

It's helped me understand a lot of the symbolism I've needed to tweak this terrestrial reality around my Will.

I'm trying to abandon that for something more concrete, with more of a community, especially a community of anti-degenerates.

I've had little luck finding non-degenerates to talk about psychedelics with.

Brazil guy you didn't answer my post. You said our per-existence isn't true but Jeremiah 1:5 says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you".

God is omniscient, not only did he know you before you were born, he also knows everyone that will be born in the future. That doesn't mean you existed as an angel during the times when Lucifer was still an angel in heaven, it simply means God had knowledge of your existence (and also all your actions and values) before you came to be.

Also
>before I formed you
Further reinforces that you didn't really exist until the moment when God created you.

You can argue that if God knew you before you were born, that still means you existed, but we'd just be arguing about semantics here, what matters is that nothing supports the view that we were angels. Especially because the Bible makers clear angels are a different group from us.

>I have.
Explains a lot.

ancient faith is full of great podcasts, I recommend anything with Dr.Rossi.

I don't know what this 'degeneration' is that you speak of.

Check this out.

youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ

youtube.com/watch?v=UBYlHPAss2U

The amount of people recommending non-biblical material to OP scares me. And also disappoints me.

I have nothing wrong against third party material if you already studied the Bible and have a strong faith, but why would you recommend it over the "real deal" (the Bible) to someone who doesn't know any better?

WE WUZ EMPERORS!

Hippies focused on sex and acceptance of unacceptable things.
No need to elaborate further.

Also before anyone asks, debatably attractive male who has had his share of sex, and is done with the game and the women who demand it.

>they were black!
Look up the painting of any emperor in Google Images.

>I want to convert
No you don't, you want an excuse for why you will not commit

The simple fact is, if you care about the western cultural identity you should respect Christianity at the very least.

No one needs to convert you, it has to be found within yourself.

Reminder: You either believe in the Five Solas and SEA TULIP or you're in error.

Five Solas

Bible Alone
Christ Alone
Grace Alone
Faith Alone
Glory to God Alone

SEA TULIP

Supralapsarianism
Eternal Justification
Active Decree

Total Depravity
Unconditional Election
Limited Atonement
Irresistible Grace
Perseverance of the Saints

I'd like to add onto this that I'm dating a SJW atheist. I love her, and she's relatively untouched by these things (not oversexualized, etc), but she seems to desire what they preach, and some of her desires seem as wrong as the law allows.

This has been a torment and has turned me away from the modern world even deeper.

Read the rest of this post. I've seen my errors, perhaps not fully, but pretty extremely.

Can anyone confirm this? What is this?

I can't make you believe. This shit's not some game or fashion trend. Read the gospels and do your best to live it. Live to glorify God and help other people. Cut the vices down as much as possible. If this leads you to feeling closer to God and you can read or say that Jesus is Lord, and died for our sins and was resurrected, then you are a Christian. It has to happen through you and takes a genuine will to know God

Is helping degenerate, terrestrial, pleasure-centric people to live more easily the work I must do?
That's such a sacrifice for me.

What he said (Bible Alone, Christ Alone, Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Glory to God Alone) is completely correct. Follow that. You can extract those five points from the Bible itself.

As for the rest of his post, I don't understand what he means

>no one needs to convert you, it has to be *brainwashed in to you from birth*

fixed

>I'd like to add onto this that I'm dating a SJW atheist
Good thing you are only dating, dump her. Not wife material.
> I love her
> she's RELATIVELY untouched by these things (not oversexualized, etc), but she SEEMS to desire what they preach
It appears you are trying to rationalize why you are dating a SJW whore.

Dump her, join your local church (denomination doesn't matter as much as you think) and date a girl there.

So I don't need to go full orthodox to find a church that doesn't see pleasure as the highest virtue?
Scared of wasting my time on a corrupt church.

Do not do what is saying. If you abandon her you will regret it forever. Try to guide her to the right path like some anons here did to you. If she refuses, then there is really not much you can do, but you must at least try (and insist for a while). I've known people that prayed for their familiars daily for over 40 years, and it eventually worked. Heart warming stories.

just check out your local Orthodox Church (if there is one). they're the most based imo and don't have the faggy decentralization protestants have, but also don't have the literal god given emperor of religion like catholics

He is talking about Calvinism which has absolutely no Biblical basis.

I agree, it seems more of God to try to enlighten her.
She's extremely young, 8 years younger than me.
She seems to have a streak of rebellion in her though, and has told her friends that I'm "silly" for wanting to live rural.

Idk I'm inclined to leave and have been for a bit. Just can't help but think she'll eventually come around.

Whatever though, that's not the topic at hand.

Really enjoying all of this help from you guys. You have big hearts to give your time to this thread.

>So I don't need to go full orthodox to find a church that doesn't see pleasure as the highest virtue?
I leave you with this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asceticism#Christianity

I don't know, just try to be selfless instead of selfish whenever the opportunity arises. You obviously need self preservation, but just do what you can, when you can. Volunteer at a soup kitchen if you have it in you or something. It honestly feels good to help, it feels like you're doing what you should be doing. That's what I started doing and I eventually became a Christian. You don't have to be perfect, but you should focus on trying to not be like the people you described basically

It seems kind of old and catholic but those are generally christian things.

That other guy is right, true Christianity is within your self. Individualism is crucial and remember Jesus was a humble man.

TULIP

SEA

predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106315-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-introduction-and-part-1-supralapsarianism

predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106317-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-part-2-eternal-justification

predestinarian.net/articles/sea-tulip/106321-in-defense-of-sea-tulip-gospel-predestination-part-3-the-active-decree-of-god

Eternal Justification and Active DecreeRomans 8:29 - "For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters."

Ain't no being ever died and been resurrected. Fuck that and fuck you.

I wasn't a Christian until 2 years ago and I was raised by a hippy mom who didn't really like Christians that much

Can you explain that then?

I see nothing wrong with intercourse. What in and of itself is wrong?

No biblical basis?

TULIP

SEA

He did and he was. We'll have to agree to disagree