Why did eastern/central Europe never colonize anywhere outside of Europe?

Why did eastern/central Europe never colonize anywhere outside of Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Griego
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_de_Fuca
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why is she so perfect lads ?

> what is Siberia
> what is Alaska
Even little Livonia tried to build the cutest colonial empire for a while.

Primarily due to being landlocked and without a significant naval presence, but there are exceptions (Russia).

California was once Russian colony

No unity, maybe? East of France everyone had either little states or volatile """""Empires"""" that lasted only a couple years.

Europe stabilised its borders from West to East and maybe you needed a large country a crown to bankroll stuff and a people with some sailing/fishing tradition.

France being the obvious exception (not so much sea oriented as the other 4 colonial powers), but I guess they'd do anything to take shit away from the Brits.

because slavs are subhumans who were colonized by mongols

well we had a frozen shithole of an island up north in the Arctic Circle and a couple of square kilometers of land in China

pic related is the Budapest street in the former Austro-Hungarian colony of Tientsin

but what about Scandinavia, the Baltics, Poland, Greece, Yugoslavian territory.

They all had naval access. But took no part in American, African, or Asian Colonization.

Not counting the old empires of course

France was pretty sea-oriented for a long while. They could afford to play both because of how wealthy and massive they were.

you were a colony of austria, fool

>East of France everyone had either little states or volatile """""Empires"""" that lasted only a couple years.

When? 9th century? It was all Habsburg and Russian show

When the ever hell was that??

Sweden and Denmark had colonies in Africa and the Caribbean. In fact, Denmark was one of the big dogs in the slave trade.

The Balkans were usually dominated by foreigners (Austria, Venice or Turkey), whereas Turkey had its own colonies in three continents.

Poland was too busy fighting the Mongols, the Scandi scourge and the Russians

Balts were busy sucking Scandi dick, who thought getting their dick sucked by Balts is a way better pastime than getting their ass fucked by the British Navy

Greece and Yugoslavia were under Ottoman heels, how the fuck were they supposed to colonize some far away part of the world?

they really weren't

not after 1867, fool

who is she? she's so beautiful

>Austria-Hungary was ruled by the House of Habsburg, and constituted the last phase in the constitutional evolution of the Habsburg Monarchy. Following the 1867 reforms, the Austrian and the Hungarian states were co-equal. Foreign affairs and the military came under joint oversight, but all other governmental faculties were divided between respective states.
nah

I dunno enough about France, I was just guessing/making a quip.

Yeah, but it was invasions/crusades/inheritances back and forth, no?

I know very little about central/eastern Europe (i.e. East of France), but the little I know it's basically a lot of small kingdoms/duchies/counties shifting allegiances and warring each other for most of the time.

Plus, the Discoveries Age semi-officially started with us in 1415 with the conquest of Ceuta and beginning of exploring Western Africa, so I'm talking mostly about that Period.

We colonize Asia and removed the natives. Now there are only yakuts left, the rest are russkies.

Seeing how Indians and Chinks multiplied, you might have done the world a favour.

Fort Ross.

WHY. WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO DO THE GODDAMN REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH. ITS LITERALLY FUCKING TWO CLICKS OF A MOUSE AWAY????+ ARE YOUR SMELLY BURGER FINGERS TIRED OF ALL THE BURGER LIFTING OR WHY IS IT SO HARD????? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCK SHIT ASS BURGER CUNT

Because we are good people

We could've colonized the rest of asia, but britts fucked the shit up.
We also could've taken Constantinople, but thanks to britts turks still live there.
We got a popular proverb in Russia about it "anglichanka gadit" Which mean the english lady shits around.
Yes, instead of "fuck up" we say "to shit" in the same meaning.

i reverse searched the second one and didn't find anything. i had seen the first image before and didn't find anything when i reverse searched it then. pls relax.

colonization outside Europe and the Med correlates well with a state's closeness to the Atlantic (even "Central Europe" participated to a degree). and of course Russia's expansion all the way to Alaska has been covered in previous answers

fun fact, Greeks that lived in non-Ottoman territories could participate in the exploration and colonization of the new world

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Griego
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_de_Fuca

>We also could've taken Constantinople, but thanks to britts turks still live there.
Thank God.

>anglichanka gadit
so the anglo is like Gary Oak to russias Ash.
youll always be #2

why would you expect Siberia to ever be as densely populated as India and China? the riverine systems had been well-populated since ancient times

Meaning that we already have enough Asians in the world, not that it'd compete against that in magnitude.

rude

AJ Love

I'd answer but I've no idea what you're talking aboot.

eastern europe was the Africa and LatAm of Germany/Austria.

there were plenty of Germanic colonists in those lands.