If you had to choose to pick one of these three albums and delete the other two. Which one would you pick?

If you had to choose to pick one of these three albums and delete the other two. Which one would you pick?

The Seer, for its intensely dark atmosphere

The Seer

to be kind

Swans is garbage for 12 year old kids.

The Seer stays with me.

You forgot the pic of the girl with the chocolate pie

To be kind pretty much just for the YOUR NAME IS FUCK, OXYYYGEEEEEEEN, I;M JUST A LIL BOOOYY, and TOUSSAAAINT L'OUVERTUUUUURRRRE

The Seer. It's a great, atmospheric album, and it doesn't feel stretched or too long. The other two are quite the opposite in my opinion, while I think TGM is much better than TBK.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Would delete all

This is the objectively correct opinion

seer

To Be Kind because The Seer meanders too much and is much less focused. Glowing Man just isn’t good

My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky - 9/10
The Seer - 8/10
To Be Kind - 6/10
The Glowing Man - 7.5/10
Deliquescence - 7/10

It would hurt me to the bone to delete To be kind because it contains Bring The Sun, but I guess I'd keep The Seer, since it's the most consistent one in my opinion

Relistened to The Seer the other day and realized that while the period it clicked was magical, it just doesn't do much for me anymore. To Be Kind was never that great to me. Boy would I've liked to see them play some of those songs live though, Bring the Sun and title song for example. I say The Glowing Man.

The 2010-2017 era of Swans is truly the best one, right?

The Seer for sure

the ***s e e r***

I kinda like The Seer more, but would choose TBK because it has a lot of shit going on that I haven't discovered yet. Don't know the last one too well.

No, it's the worst for sure. If Sup Forums loves it so much, then it's far too commercial and selling out for a band with a discography as loaded as Swans' is

>Glowing Man just isn’t good
why not?

yes
at least that is my fav

Would you consider a band composing an album with material they gradually have some to as selling out?

the seer

Fuck, it's hard. I agree with many others that The Seer has the coolest atmosphere, but To Be Kind is insanely perfectly polished and I argue might be one of the most perfect things I've heard in my lifetime. I can easily throw away The Glowing Man, though. While I love those songs, they seem to meander way too much, to a point where it felt like going out on a whimper (although seeing those songs live was SUPERB).

the seer easily

The Seer it is

To Be Kind, no second thoughts about it

I would have to pick to be kind but damn, the title track from glowing man alone is almost worth picking that instead.

I am so fucking sick of revival swans. Gira has nothing left to say(not like he ever really did) and it leaves the listener with absolutely boring and meaningless albums. I don't even consider nuswans when I think of the band.

Probably To Be Kind, but I haven't listened to any of them in a while so it's tough to say.

The Seer. It's more spoopy.

Gira is a lot happier now, I’m just glad that he can and wants to still make music. Sure, Swans V2 is not nearly as dire or intense as early Swans, but you can’t deny that these albums do feel genuine.

genuine is the last thing I would call the albums released in the past 7 years by "swans"
you have no idea how exciting the concept of new swans was, and they go and fuck it up.

Well saying Gira is selling out is fucking retarded. He’s clearly making this music because he wants to. It’s not like he’s making slightly improved variants of The Burning World every year or two.

There is intelligent life here afterall.

The Seer, but I’d be sad to get rid of To Be Kind because Bring The Sun is my one of my favorite Swans songs.

The Seer