youtube.com/watch?v=IKtT_QtmyQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

boumpe

fuck you why did you bump?

Ouiii !!!

les anglos de montréal sont les pires

Quebec was a mistake

En français s'il vous plaît.

did you seriously delete your post to add some weird tiny arrow thingy on your i? LOL dumb fr*g

The anglo venom spreading into franco-spanish America was a mistake.

Canada would do a lot better without the frogs to bring it down

>le monde qui agît comme si l'OQLF est une branche de la police
la vérité c'est qu'ils ont autant de pouvoir qu'un inspecteur de la santé

Le cinquante et unième État!

You mean the most successful parts? Get the fuck outta here

vous pouvez prendre le reste du canada

la seule culture qu'ils ont c'est qu'ils essayent d'être différent des américains

>93.52% of the 5,087,009 registered Quebecers voted in the referendum, a higher turnout than any provincial or federal election in Canada's history. The proposal of June 12, 1995 was rejected by voters, with 50.58% voting "No" and 49.42% voting "Yes". The margin was significantly smaller than the 1980 referendum. The "Yes" side was the choice of French speakers by an estimated majority of about 60%. Anglophones and allophones (those who do not have English or French as a first language) voted "No" by a margin of 95%.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1995#Result

Really makes you think.

je veux pas le reste du canada.

je te veux~

fuck them and fuck canada for making sure to fast track immigrants into the province just in time to vote

>Get the fuck outta here
No, YOU get the fuck out of Québec.

>inb4 310 posts and 150 image replies omitted.

it would be a nice experiment.

You should get Flanders, France should get Wallonia, Austria should get South Tyrol and Italy should get Corsica.

Seems fair to me.

[spoiler]Ireland should get Northern Ireland.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Wales and Scotland should be independent.[/spoiler]

What's the anglo's endgame?

Wales and Scotland would be as dead as you if they left.

Um, no sweetie.

pourquoi est-ce qu'il y a zero québécois sur ce site

take the maritimes with you, good luck.

Scots aren't thick enough to leave the union over a petty nationalism that wouldn't actually change anything

T'es aveugle?

What do OG Frogs think of this movement? Do they support it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vive_le_Québec_libre

Of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=XasQu5YQFUM

Just fucking leave, it's not like anybody's stopping another referendum except your own provincial government

Go vote on it, but we all know what's gonna happen

>finances a bunch of "p-please don't go!" campaigns
yeah ok

So don't listen to them, and go.vote, if that's really what the people of Quebec want. The federal government doesn't want the nightmare legal situation of an independent enclave state, which is why they don't want Quebec to leave, especially after infrastructure investment. But if Quebec wants to leave, Quebec wants to leave. It's not like we'd be on bad terms politically afterwards, especially with Trudeau being so lax.

I'm actually in support of an independent Quebec, I would be cool to live close to a foreign country and we'd have more variety in North America

>just vote brah
See you filthy anglo scum.

Anglophones are citizens of Quebec. There are Francophones in Ontario and nearly every province as well, it's a concession of living in a country with free mobility. If you don't like it, pass as many eviction and relocation laws as you can, but they violate the rights of Canadian citizen, so maybe you should find a way to coexist with the country you're a part of. The grass is always greener on the other side.

The "Anglophone citizens of Quebec" are not Québécois and the Québécois should have the right to be independent without vile anglo claws stopping them.

Thanks for the laugh

Why does the rest of canada tolerate this?

Because we can live our lives without giving a shot, Quebec really doesn't impact the rest of the province outside of some border towns.

Also cheap cars for import

See

What if the secede? Could other parts of Quebec vote to stay in Canada?

They could, but the situation is already too complex, especially with Acadia being isolated. But I'm all for self-determination, we shouldn't interfere with what Quebec wants. The thing is that language areas are more of a gradient, there are lots of French towns in Ontario, and lots of Anglophone towns á la in Quebec. The the border situation isn't so easy.

Quebec is the second most populous and industrialized region of Canada after Ontario and it also has military importance since it's an easy access to the Atlantic so the federal government wants to keep it. People here are very lefty when it comes to government spending so the provincial government needs federal hand outs.

After the referendums, the federal government actually codified that into law, if I remember right a province and have a referendum to leave but it doesn't give them the right it only means the federal government will open negotiations about it but other provinces can't directly weigh in, it has to be the federal. If Quebec left, I'd bet others would want to leave, Alberta and the Maritimes have some independentist sentiment, maybe some first nations too.

I meant if Quebec leaves Canada, could parts of Quebec secede from Quebec and stay in Canada? Basically carving up Quebec?

>there are lots of French towns in Ontario
soon there won't be

they already tried to outlaw french education (and no bill 101 is not analogous to this in the slightest) and they protest like crazy every time the subject of making ontario officially bilingual comes up

I'm not really sure what you mean, Ontario requires French education credits in high school and even has plentiful French immersion programs, and I've never heard banning it being discussed in parliament. Ontario also has designated bilingual zones where Francophones make up 10%+ of the population.

Latin masterrace! Latins >Anglos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_17

>most Québécois are bilingual
>most Anglos aren't
Why are Anglos such brainlets?

Delusional Frogs. You're better off with the Anglos. I wished the British stayed and colonized us.

>1912-1927
Our great-great-grandparents must have been outraged.

Also I just got hit with massive Dèja Vu, have we had this conversation a few months ago?

Same answer, they'd have to talk with Ottawa during the negotiations, there's really no precedent. The only law about secession is about preventing it and it's not even really a law. There's only one region which would want to separate from Quebec though, it would be the anglo villages next to New England. That would probably anger a lot of quebecers so maybe there would be talk of relocation instead. Quebec's independence isn't about politics like the US was, so independence would be more about guaranteeing the quebec identity of our state (deport or assimilate non-quebecers) rather than allow independence for other people at the expense of quebecers. Historically those lands were settled by the british with the express purpose to replace the french-speaking people so people here wouldn't take it too well if we were to come to independence. But all of that is dependent on quebecers actually going back to separatist ideas, nowadays it's mostly appeasement to immigrants and even our nationalist parties are trying to expand and find new voters, it's hard to have a movement that is expressly for a white nation.

Because anglo "quebecers" are even more whiny and entitled than quebecers.

boumpe

Why don't you guys learn to get along with the French and Anglos?
New Brunswick does a pretty good job and achieved most of it in an organic way.

We'd kicked their ass in a civil war, hands down. Ontario can take Quebec, and that's WITHOUT backup from the rest of the provinces/territories. To hell with Quebec!

You would most likely be some kind of Guyana or Jamaica at best now, user.

Canada without Québec would be part of the USA

ftfy

Almost true except that the Maritimes and Newfoundland are still a thing.

They're more 'european', aren't they?

How are the Maritimes not also USA-lite? The colourful houses?

Québec should be 100% Francophone and Ontario 100% Anglophone.

We're pure celts who happen to speak a l*tin language

kys

youtube.com/watch?v=IKtT_QtmyQE

yeah... so european

No, it's mostly the safety, culture, history, and lack of colourful people.

You could make a case that they're more Anglo, but really they are just uniquely Canadian with their own culture.

>take the Maritimes with you
Couldn't even hold it the first time!

...is it kinda similar to South England (especially Cornwall), Normandy and Brittany?

>organic way
>chiac
dude it's a literally incomprehensible language to both anglos and francos

and it's more english than french at this point so fuck you

Chiac is basically only spoken by a portion of the youth in one city. I was referring to the way Anglos and Acadians conduct themselves. Started in 1755 with the expulsion, came to it's current worst with the 19th century Caraquet riots, then gradually and usually with mutual respect grew until the Robichaud government in the 1960s when NB went fully bilingual and committed to an equal French and Anglo province in perpetuity

Also, every francophone thinks Chiac is mostly English and every Anglophone thinks it's mostly French.

chui pas vraiment quebecois, chui americain mais je parle quebecois et habite ici

Wallonia has nothing in common with France except the language.