Who's your West Coast meme team of the decade?

Warriors or Seahawks?

the warriors hands down.

I can't imagine a city having a worse fairweather fans than xeattle

>starting another thread about my Hawks

what is your obsession

Warrior fans before 2013 were Laker fans

No one has any proof to the contrary

The Gay Bay Giants.

>this obsessed

Bitch, theres literally a chart thay shows the % of increase or decrease of all team's viewership for their respective markets. Shitattle had an increase of 94% after the season they got good. Someone post it cuz i dont have it

Honorable mention.

Same with the Warriors

Warriors regularly sold out Oracle since the "We Believe" era.

Ok

But they could be opposing fans seeing their favorite teams.

are you retarded?

And how would you know that, wise guy?

been in the bay area my whole life

yes oracle arena has sold out for a long time. but outside of warriors games you would see VERY FEW people wearing warriors gear in public before 2014

even the oakland a's had more gear in public than the warriors.

a very diehard but infinitesimal fanbase

I'm from Seattle and the reason why is pre 2012 only maybe 150,000 white men watched the Seahawks. They were all diehards and the loudest fans in the NFL but still a very small group compared to other cities.

After Wilson got drafted every fucking person in Seattle became a "fan." Women, spics, and asians who never had watched football before and don't know how many points a touchdown is worth started watching them. It became the trendy thing to be a Seahawks fan and all of the sudden women at my work who hated sports decorated their cubicle in 12 stickers, showed up decked out in Seahawks gear with the tags on and talked about how they love "Richard Wilson"

As always the increase in viewership is just women and beta asians trying to fit in and be cool. Once the team starts sucking again we'll go back to being a small but loudly passionate fan base.

Seattle really does have fair weather fans. The Mariners were never great but they had a decent following and the second the Seahawks started to do well almost everyone suddenly become a football fan and no one's likes the Mariners anymore

They're starting to diminish, lol. Compared to 2013-14, I haven't seen billions of 12 flags everywhere on my morning commute. Either way, I don't see why all the support is a problem; if anything, it's passion. Sure it's annoying if normies who don't know an iota about football are mindlessly on board, but if I were a kid and saw that, I'd love it. I do admit excessiveness is cringe though.

I like Washington themed image. How big of a following do the Mariners have in Seattle? I'm up a little bit north and almost no one likes them or baseball on general. Is it the same in Seattle? I see a lot of mariners gear on people in the streets whenever I go to Seattle but I only go on Mariners game days so that's probably why

>As always the increase in viewership is just women and beta asians trying to fit in and be cool. Once the team starts sucking again we'll go back to being a small but loudly passionate fan base.

dude why are the seahawks literally identical to the warriors in every way

i swear, top to bottom, the franchises are almost carbon copies

Hate to say it but the 90s and most of the 2000s were pleasing for Seattle and the Mariners being the top team. I'll trade that back for current "Us12s" and "FIGHT AND WIN" garbage.

Bigger than you think. Attendance isn't the highest but all around the Northwest people do care, they're just frustrated with lack of success. Seattle proper? Probably not. Washington state in general? I'd say so.

The Mariners have one of the largest followings on /mlb/

The team might not even need to suck, it seems to be falling off quite a bit on its own. The Seahawks hype has had a bit of an odd rhythm since it seems like the fever pitch was the year before they won the owl, and it seems to be the consensus among most people I know that it's mercifully been slowing down despite winning one owl and going to another. Kind of sucks that they were a fad team, but I'll deal with it for the success they've had.

This. And considering how bad the team has been over the past decade and a half? They deserve credit.

Yeah I don't see too much of the bandwagon types really on anymore. Then again, I'm not in the city so I wouldn't know. I moved out years ago.

I'm from up North of Seattle, about 5 miles south of the border and no one cares about the M's up here. If you bring them up people just say baseball sucks. The few followers up here are diehards though. Hell, I drive 100 miles one way to see the games

At least Seattle isn't a liberal nu-male hellhole like the Bay Area

Not with the new income tax policy. It's things like that, that make it harder for me to stand by it.

Around the Bellingham area? Mount Vernon or Anacortes? That's probably their way of saying they don't want to talk about it. Kind of hard when your team has been disappointing for almost 15 years now. Sure it's fair weather but it's not diminished.

The new income tax policy is as low as the city can go in my opinion. Goes against WA state law and the city doesn't care one bit about the state's legislation. Thankfully I moved out a while back although I'm still within an easy drive to visit for ballgames and the like.

m8 Seattle itself may as well be north San Francisco. The only thing preventing them from being exactly the same is the weather keeping some of the crust punks away.

>Bellingham area
Yeah. A town north of Bellingham. Lynden.

Is that the town with the windmills?

Uhh warriors are known for their meme plays which is killing the NBA. The Seahawks were a flash in the pan. I expect the raiders to be the next west coast bandwagon team.

Clearly it's the Clippers, you sit yo white ass down.

They are, lol. Especially in fucking LA too when they're not even the local team.

A huge following for being such a shitty team. The stadium is probably one of, if not the best stadium in baseball so that might be a contributing factor. They have very high attendance despite a 16 year playoff drought.

Paco just because your very large family are all raider fans dont mean everyone in california cares. Lol if anything im seeing more Rams support slowly creep up as the Raiders plan to move out surfaced. Especially after the Hard Knocks and All or Nothing, the League is making their damnest to remove all thought of the Raiders in LA.

There's literally 5 threads a day filled with Raiderspics from LA declaring them LA's team even though they play in Oakland (or Las Vegas).

Mariners attendance is middle of the pack but I do think the following is much larger than their attendance too. Even if attendance isn't that big, crowds are definitely into it every game. When I was at a game with 23000+ it felt vocal regardless.

That's the one.

Well the atmosphere comes from the fact that everyone is drunk as shit. Even though beer is expensive af people in Seattle are mostly rich and able to afford at least 3 drinks per game. Add that to the fact that the 100 level is very expensive so family's are priced out to the 300 level and you get a fun adult only atmosphere in the lower levels.

New York Giants

True that. I have season tix around the 129 level so you're probably describing what I'm seeing more or less.

Warriors definitely

Xecucks. Warriors are the real deal.

>real deal
>3-1
>only two championships

Ehj

How were the Warriors able to stay relevant while the Seahawks have began to slide?