Spiderman 2

Was it actually good? Or is it just nostalgia?

Good for the time shit now. That was a complement not an insult.

Mostly nostalgia, these superhero moves don't age well, no matter how great they seemed at first. And now that they just reboot every year no will even remember which one was the supposed to be the good one.

surgery scene scared me

Still good but dated

Still good, but Spiderman 1 was actually better

It's legit good, at least by capeshit standards.

Would be perfect if it weren't for the Harry/Green Goblin story forced into it

But Harry discovering the green goblin gear was kino

It's legitimately capekino

Well, it was certainly a lot better than Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, nostalgia or not.

It's still great

I genuinely still believe it is the best capeshit movie ever made, even if the CGI is a little dated.

The best capeshit movie.

That metro scene still gives me the feels

the surgery scene

the bank fight

the train scene

it's pretty kino dess

The allusions to TS Elliot's _The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock_

How was that forced? It's literally an after credit scene.

I've actually only grown more fond of Raimi Spider-Man 1 and 2 over time. It may just be because things are relative. I remember hating the corniness and organic webbing so much that it almost ruined Spider-Man 1 for me when I first saw it, but now I know that things can always be far worse.

It's good. Second to Dark Knight.

The scenes where Harry gets Doc Oc to bring him Spider-man and discovers Peter "killed" his father before the climax of the movie was a post credit scene?

But it serves no purpose to the plot of the movie. Everything with Harry from finding out about Peter and his father were only in the movie to tie up plot lines from the first. The same thing ruined 3. They aren't bad scenes but they drag the movie down.

This

It was my favorite Spider-Man movie. I remember when the trailer came out and I was super excited seeing him rip those doctors apart with his arms.

Me too. I can still remember that Dashboard Confessional song playing that summer. Man, who'd have thought we'd have even gayer shit than emo music? Anyways the movie is great because Molina brought a human element to Doc Octupus that would have been missed using another actor. And it continued with the impression of being a comic book, while also shitting up Parker's life. Shit was balanced unlike BvS or Green Lantern or Spiderman 3.

Nostalgia.

SM1 holds up better character development, themes, and overall plot.

>SM1
>Peter realizes through his and Osborne's actions that morals matter more than powers
>he must sacrifice his personal life and friends in order to serve the greater good

>SM2
>Peter becomes so reliant on his social life that without it his powers are gimped

Also
>Dock Ock robs a bank to get his materials rather than build/steal the materials himself
>throws a car at Peter and MJ even though he wants them alive
>MJ not only wants to marry an astronaut after barely knowing him but also leaves him at the alter
>the annoying mask removals that end up also plaguing the ASM movies

Naw, it's still good. I could list just about everything in the movie and it's all positive. Why, in your opinion do you think it's aged so badlly?

Also what was doc gonna do with all those coins? Fucking walk into another bank and deposit them?

It was ok.