Scary Movies

I need to find a really good scary movie to watch with someone. They said their favorite movie is the exorcist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKu1UIlMoP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This movie isnt scary and stupid as fuck. The Exorcism of Emily Rose actually had some scary bits though

Really faggot

What are some of the scariest movies you know of?

The Exorcist is horrific and terrifying in the foreboding and brooding manner possible. When the viewer feels helpless against the visual, audio, and demonic assult, you have an expertly-made horror film.

I haven't seen it yet but someone told me to watch The Babadook.

When all i can remember of the Exorcist is this: youtube.com/watch?v=OKu1UIlMoP0
Its doing a pretty shit job of doing anything you just said

I have seen the Babadook. It was a pretty good movie if not a little slow but I wouldn't really call it scary it was more creepy in my opinion

Inland Empire by David Lynch scared the shit out of me. It's literally 'Nightmare The Movie'

Seems good, I will look more into it. They probably haven't seen this either. Good suggestion man

I always saw that film as more comedic than anything else.

Good things movies are hours long instead of clips from YT.

In spite of how great Casablanca is, a child will find nothing of worth watching it.

It's just gore for the sake of gore and shock.

That movies really does seem like a fever dream but seems good. Saving for later. Thanks

When I was young I watched Fire in the Sky and there is a certain scene in that film that scared the nuggets out of me.

That movie messed me up when I was little. I am still scared of aliens to this day.

Cure
Lake mungo
A tale of two sisters
Inland empire

>Lake Mungo
Is this really that good? Trailer is terrible

It seems to be more of a super natural drama then a horror movie. I might watch it by myself though still looks interesting.

It's all worth it for one moment

It should also be watched real late at night

The Wailing

One of the two best horror movies this year
Best Korean movie this year
Best Asian movie this year
Best Korean horror movie ever
Best Korean black comedy ever
Best exorcism scene ever

I just watched Lake Mungo for the first time a couple hours ago. I honestly don't get what the hype is about. I thought the story telling was good, and the characters seemed realistic. However there wasn't anything scary or intriguing about it.

What did you like about it? Were you scared?

The thought of seeing a dead doppleganger of myself late at night in the desert scares the shit out of me

It just does. It not a thing you can explain. People are spooked by different things

It's a bit more depressing than scary. Probably one of the best when it comes to mockumentary format.

Yeah, to each their own. It's definitely not bad, and it's very atmospheric. It just didn't grab me.

I've watched tons of horror over the years, but I don't think any specific movie has scared me, at least not consistently throughout viewing. Concepts, quick scenes, and independent thought post-watch are probably where the fear juices get flowing.
Banshee Chapter is a good example. Hokey story, some good cinematography and unexplained bits, but the unfocused shots of the monster are freaky. It reminds me of a Half-life zombie crossed with a 40k Flayed One.
Fear is extremely subjective so I recommend just doing some internal thinking after watching. The spooky stuff on screen will never spook you 100%, simply because the picture isn't being tailored to your thoughts/triggers. The imagination will always be magnitudes scarier. Trust me, I have a recurring nightmare where my teeth start falling out, and it continues to freak me out.

Check "Texas Chainsaw Massacre": the original that Tobby Hopper made.

The VVitch will make her drop her panties in terror, OP.

Am I supposed to shit brix if I see "it"?

This is a really open-ended question, you know. I'll try to break it down, I guess. If you want the most extreme shit, I'd say Angels Melancholy or August Underground. If you want atmosphere, go with a classic Universal monster film. Dracula is my favorite. If you like your horror with a sci-fi twist, then The Thing, Alien or Them will make you happy. If you want comedy and horror, Evil Dead II or Re-Animator. If you'd prefer a modern classic, It Follows. Want a slasher? Check out Black Christmas or Scream. I recommend Candyman if you want some somewhat somber horror. Goddamn you for not specifying what horror the person is into.

I still don't get why everyone raves about It Follows. It still feels like a student movie with a budget.

It was the first horror film in awhile to have subtlety.

I've convinced it's actually just bait anytime someone talk about how great and scary it is
take this for example

You should watch it again and pay attention this time.

>hurr durr you didn't get it
fuck off, there was no threat. i never at any point felt scared by the impending doom of this thing reaching them. the cast were fucking dumb and tried to fucking shock the thing to death.
>oh shit but it's always following you
yeah, at a walking pace. like how the fuck am i supposed to be scared of that?
it was shit, you've jjst been told it's a masterpiece so you try to justify it to yourself

It Follows is godlike though. The more you pay attention, the better it is. Sorry you need jump scares every 10 seconds. Maybe something like Grave Encounters would be better for you.

you're not making an argument. "it's good" is not an argument, you're just backing up my point of this being massive bait whenever someone praises it

Yeah a 40 year old movie isn't going to be quite so scary by today's standards. It's still a more well crafted and overall better film than most modern Horror movies.

For a throat locking atmosphere, The Rosemary Baby

For just over the top shock with some really offensive content going on then The Devils, very unsettling but not supernatural

The Ring is probably more safe to watch thugh

Saying, "I didn't find it scary" isn't much of an argument either. You have to be a man of taste to enjoy It Follows. Saying it's bad when art is subjective isn't really working out in your favor either. You could always think to yourself, "wow, I just don't like this movie" and be done with it. Instead you could ask why someone likes It Follows instead. Even though when someone answered you, you still don't get it.

the mor eyou pay attention the more you realise the actual premise is stupid

DOn't get me wrong: I was never bored I just don't get the - pardon the pun - following it gets.

what's subtle about it?

Ok, tell me why YOU liked it.

ok, so it is just a meme that it follows was a good film, because no one could be this stupid on purpose
>Saying, "I didn't find it scary" isn't much of an argument either.
Read my post i said exactly why it wasn't scary
>You have to be a man of taste to enjoy It Follows
bait
>Instead you could ask why someone likes It Follows instead.
I've yet to see anyone give an actual reason why it was good, which leads me to believe it's just a sheep mentality of "people say it's good so i must say its good"
>Even though when someone answered you, you still don't get it.
Once more, "it's good" is not an argument

I can't find Theatrical Cut of The Exorcist to save my life. All I stumble upon is the version with the meme spider-walk.

Don't tell me what to do with my life.

NEVER post on my board again. DON'T test me, kid

see what? I don't see anything.

I recovered from major depression a few years ago and that movie made me scared sick, like literally I felt like throwing up, but not because I was scared for the heroine or the child, I was more scared for myself for sympathizing with the mother so much. It portrays depression so well it felt personal.

*unsheaths katana*
cmon tough guy, do something

if dubs you leave Sup Forums forever

Thank god someone else thinks this, I thought I was missing something huge when I saw it a couple months ago